2024 Roster Status/Tracker

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about the Packers last 4 PS spots? Gute must still be shopping and negotiating. Almost makes you think that the 4 won't be any that the Packers originally cut, those guys are usually back pretty quickly.

Anyone that follows my pre draft discussions will recognize the Omar Brown safety we just signed. I loved him as a late day 3 priority guy with a ton of athleticism and upside.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Missed that, I see they also brought back linebacker Chris Russell
Anyone that follows my pre draft discussions will recognize the Omar Brown safety we just signed. I loved him as a late day 3 priority guy with a ton of athleticism and upside.
They gave him #40. I thought that was Don Hutson's number and was retired.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The only 99 yard record that can be broken is a return. All others can only be equaled. Until the NFL goes metric and converts all their current records to the 91 meter equivalent.
True.

I was referring to the fact that nobody will ever return an interception for a TD, from Manning again, unless he comes out of retirement. ;) Subtle humor.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only 99 yard record that can be broken is a return. All others can only be equaled. Until the NFL goes metric and converts all their current records to the 91 meter equivalent.

I was thinking more along the lines of how likely it is that either Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers would ever have broken the record for making the longest return of an interception.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Pretty excited that one of my late rd draft crushes this year, CB Kamal Hadden was signed to the PS. Going to be wearing Nick Collins #36.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Pretty excited that one of my late rd draft crushes this year, CB Kamal Hadden was signed to the PS. Going to be wearing Nick Collins #36.

Kind of surprised that the Chiefs gave up on the guy that was a 6th rounder this year. Apparently they tried him at nickel, didn't like the results and cut him loose. Which is odd, because most of the scouting reports I saw on him projected him as an outside CB.

“Kamal Hadden is a cornerback with NFL size and the scheme versatility to make competitive and impactful plays on the outside.”

Possibly a good grab by Gute. Might be one of the deepest CB rooms that the Packers have had in awhile.

- Alexander
- Stokes
- Nixon
- Valentine
- Ballentine
- Kalen King (PS)
- Kamal Haden (PS)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers.com also lists CB Robert Rochell on the PS. He'd probably be the 1st call up in case of injury to a 53 CB player. A very good CB room.

Thanks, I knew there was someone missing from my list. Even checked 2 sights (ESPN and NFL). I guess this time of year, the rosters aren't exactly set in stone.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry fellas in and out of reception or the OP for the tracking thread would have up to date items

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of surprised that the Chiefs gave up on the guy that was a 6th rounder this year. Apparently they tried him at nickel, didn't like the results and cut him loose. Which is odd, because most of the scouting reports I saw on him projected him as an outside CB.

“Kamal Hadden is a cornerback with NFL size and the scheme versatility to make competitive and impactful plays on the outside.”

Possibly a good grab by Gute. Might be one of the deepest CB rooms that the Packers have had in awhile.

- Alexander
- Stokes
- Nixon
- Valentine
- Ballentine
- Kalen King (PS)
- Kamal Haden (PS)
Can anyone explain the logic of cutting Joseph and signing an undrafted free agent to kick?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kid was better in the preseason than Joseph? Cheaper. Potential?
Cheaper yes. But this is preseason. Do we take another year of experimentation? Half the job is mental. We may as well have kept Karlson. Put another rookie to make a 41 yarder in SF in the 4th quarter of a playoff game?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the logic of cutting Joseph and signing an undrafted free agent to kick?
Sounds like his 1st day of practice went well. He nailed a 56 yarder into the wind. Jaire Alexander even noticed him and told MLF that he "loves this guy".

Joseph had his own baggage and obviously didn't impress Gute or the Packers enough to stick around.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like his 1st day of practice went well. He nailed a 56 yarder into the wind. Jaire Alexander even noticed him and told MLF that he "loves this guy".

Joseph had his own baggage and obviously didn't impress Gute or the Packers enough to stick around.

I remember back in 1964 the Buffalo Bills had a rookie kicker named Pete Gogolak. He was one of the first soccer kickers in the league. And he was better than many veterans at the time.

Reaction score
The kid was better in the preseason than Joseph? Cheaper. Potential?
Sums it up.
For me Personally, I see a K who is a tick better long rage (call it 55+) is a tick better short range (call it <=35) and a tick better under pressure. No he’s not head n shoulders above Carson, but it’s still a lot of ticks!

The other thing is we just can’t go in doing the same thing if it’s not working. Carlson had his chance to elevate over 2 Camps and 2 Preseasons with live games in between. I just don’t think he ever got off his plateau. That plateau was not terrible, but it was a bottom 5-10 of the NFL Kickers type plateau. We can get plenty of those guys, I’m glad they moved on.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well typically team cut guys they don’t have faith in. So I’ll go with that lol
I think we could all see this coming. I lost track of how many kickers Gute brought in since the end of the 2023 Season, all the way up to Sept.

When you put a K, albeit an IPPP exemption, that went undrafted and unsigned, until the Packers signed him on Aug. 7th, you kind of know that desperation is seeping in.

Besides the normal injury concerns, I think the Packers "weak spots" this season will be:

- K
- #2 QB
- RB Depth
- OL Depth
- iDL Depth
- Youth

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well typically team cut guys they don’t have faith in. So I’ll go with that lol
But apparently they have faith in someone who has never kicked in a regular season game before. I am missing something here. If the guy was that good why did Tennessee release him? If he should struggle Carlson and Joseph will likely be somewhere else by that time.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2024 Packers, once again, have the youngest roster (25.11 yrs old) in the NFL. Only 1 player (31 yr old DE/OLB Preston Smith) over the age of 30. 45% of the roster is 2nd & 3rd year players still on rookie deals.

Reaction score
2024 Packers, once again, have the youngest roster (25.11 yrs old) in the NFL. Only 1 player (31 yr old DE/OLB Preston Smith) over the age of 30. 45% of the roster is 2nd & 3rd year players still on rookie deals.
That’s amazing. Being #1 Youngest again just shows how inexperienced we were overall last season.
Our Rookies that play this season should be high echelon. We have a bunch of 2nd/3rd/4th year starters that should be ready to elevate their games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts