2024 Roster Status/Tracker

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
These are the 12 players so far that have been signed to the PS. If someone else posted it elsewhere, I didn't see it.

DE Deslin Alexandre
QB Sean Clifford
DL James Ester
K Alex Hale (International Player Pathway)
WR Julian Hicks
OL Donovan Jennings
CB Kalen King
RB Nate McCrary
RB Ellis Merriweather
CB Robert Rochell
OL Lecitus Smith
TE Messiah Swinson

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bummer....this was the one guy that I really didn't like seeing cut and the Ravens got a good look at him last week too!

Matt LaFleur says Kristian Welch is signing with the Ravens.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Dillon's days in Green Bay are finished. If not for Jordan Love the 2020 draft class would rival the 2015 class for being a disaster. I hope he can still hang on with another team for a few seasons. The guy is a class act but he just never lived up to the hype.
Worked to get in tip top shape but neck injuries can end careers. Nick Collins finished his days after one in 2011. Paul Hornung played a good part of his career with neck injuries. He suffered his last one in 1966 with a crashing TD against the Bears. Nowadays they would have put him on the shelf years earlier.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody was happier for Bush that day than I was. He was a really good guy, very classy, and a good teammate. It was never his fault that he wasn't a better player than he was; he really wanted to be, and tried to be but he just wasn't.

I felt really badly for him when he finally learned how disliked he was by th fans. Like a lot of players, he didn't pay any attention to what people were saying about him, because all he cared about was what his coaches and teammates were telling him. And apparently, they were always very professional and supportive of him in their criticisms and suggestions.

Then one day, after a game in about his second year, some ******* beat reporter cornered himn at his locker while he was **********, and asked him something like"so, how does it feel to be the player that all Packer fans really hate the most"? Other reporters said that there was just silence for a moment, and Bush said "Hate me? Really hate me?"

He'd never really thought about that, and it really bothered him. He'd heard the boos, and knew he wasn't a star, and he worked really hard to try to be better (he'd study film until 2AM sometimes), but he didn't understand why people would personally hate him for not being better. He's not the kind of guy who would ever think like that.

He did improve somewhat steadily in his years here, because he worked his *** of, but he was just only ever going to get "so good". He topped out where he topped out, and eventually moved on to have a very nice and successful life in other areas.

Including a very happy marriage to a 5'10" Brazilian Olympic heptathlete, Lucimara da Silva.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

So, the haters can hate him all they want. Somehow, I think he doesn't mind how his life went.
Remember the clip of Greg Jennings in SB 45 after Bush made that pick against Big Ben? " Jerrod Bush makin' plays! "

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Dalvin Cook: Older at 29 and injury prone. I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on him. I think he has a season left in the tank. I don’t see the Packers signing him.

I agree. Would have liked to see what he would add to that backfield and he is a really decent receiver. Unfortunately, the Cowboys just signed him to their PS.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worked to get in tip top shape but neck injuries can end careers. Nick Collins finished his days after one in 2011. Paul Hornung played a good part of his career with neck injuries. He suffered his last one in 1966 with a crashing TD against the Bears. Nowadays they would have put him on the shelf years earlier.

Collins is literally one of the best Packers ever that many will never even know because of injuru

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Now that Joseph is gone, Malik Willis nabbed up the #2 jersey. Carrington Valentine has decided to change from #37 to #24.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget Sterling Sharpe, who suffered a career-ending neck injury 1994 - the very last game Green Bay ever played in Milwaukee County Stadium.

Reaction score
Bummer....this was the one guy that I really didn't like seeing cut and the Ravens got a good look at him last week too!

Matt LaFleur says Kristian Welch is signing with the Ravens.
I agree. The flip side is if that’s when guys like him get kicked to the curb, we’re probably really stacked at that position (and other positions).

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His last game was the next week at TB though.
Yeah, I know, and I cringe every time I think about that. He caught something like 9 passes (plus threw who knows how many blocks), against Tampa the following week, all with his head basically wobbling slightly on top of his neck because the top two cervical vertebrae were knocked loose.

Nobody realized that throughout that entire game, he was just one hard shot to the head or neck from being (at best) permanently paralyzed, or - at worst - permanently killed. It was just a relatively ordinary tackle by Charles Dimry, at the same time that another defender bumped his head and knocked it even farther off center, that was the sort of "wait a minute, this isn't just another stinger" moment.

Could have so easily been so much worse.

And what a waste it was.... honestly, the guy could have easily gone down in history as one the greatest WRs ever to play the game (second only to Jerry Rice), with 8 or 9 more years with Favre. A lot of Packer fans like to say he would have been better than Rice, but Rice was still averaging over 14 yards per catch at age 42. That would have been a very difficult standard for anyone to meet.

Forgot about this commercial.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I don't remember ever seeing that! I can picture Favre pulling Hopper aside and saying "hey listen, long as you're in town for a few days, how bout you and me get together with Chewie and Frankie and we go out and have some fun?"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure why I am giving this article more clicks by posting it here, but who writes this crap? The premise of this guys article is that teams are now on to the Packers "trickery" of stashing good players and yesterday was proof that they won't get away with it anymore. :rolleyes:

No, Einstein, the Packers just have a very deep roster and had to make some tough cuts, knowing they would probably loose guys like DuBose, Welch, Pratt, etc. to teams with less talented rosters.

Packer fans can be excited, that their trash is other teams treasure.

No trickery to it, just tough NFL business.

Reaction score
Collins is literally one of the best Packers ever that many will never even know because of injuru
Great player.
Another one is Jermichael Finley. He was just getting ready to peak when he took a serious neck injury. He knocked out Donald Lee for Starter. After his breakout season in 2009 he led the team down the stretch in targets, he finished by catching 6/159 postseason game against the Arizona shootout. That Postseason performance wasn’t broken until 2019 (Davante).
Hes not on Sterling level, but Jermichael was set to have a remarkable career. After 5 contests the following season he was Pacing 960 yards 10TD’s when he was temporarily paralyzed. He was proof that our 3rd round can offer some really good talent.

We really need Marshawn this year. I hope Lloyd gets ample opportunity to showcase his stuff.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why I am giving this article more clicks by posting it here, but who writes this crap? The premise of this guys article is that teams are now on to the Packers "trickery" of stashing good players and yesterday was proof that they won't get away with it anymore. :rolleyes:

Writer could have went with

"Packers waiver wire luck runs out"
"Tough decisions cost team"
"Opportunities for Packer's bubble cuts"

Nah.. they went with :

"HA! We found the waiver wire. We're on to you Packers!"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Writer could have went with

"Packers waiver wire luck runs out"
"Tough decisions cost team"
"Opportunities for Packer's bubble cuts"

Nah.. they went with :

"HA! We found the waiver wire. We're on to you Packers!"
It's been talked about before in this forum, but it seems there are so many "writers" on just about every subject, that the only way they can get viewers is with clickbait "headlines".

Would be like a "Packers Part Ways With Jordan Love" article. Then you start reading and there is a slight mention of the Packer players that were cut and had to leave Love and the Team behind. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm....I wonder how many posters saw that bolded statement and stopped to read my post!! :geek:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget Sterling Sharpe, who suffered a career-ending neck injury 1994 - the very last game Green Bay ever played in Milwaukee County Stadium.
I overlooked him. That was tragic. And right as we were going into the postseason.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been talked about before in this forum, but it seems there are so many "writers" on just about every subject, that the only way they can get viewers is with clickbait "headlines".

Would be like a "Packers Part Ways With Jordan Love" article. Then you start reading and there is a slight mention of the Packer players that were cut and had to leave Love and the Team behind. :rolleyes:
I really get fed up with that crap. I saw one last week that I just had to click on, even though I knew i was going to hate it... "This Former Packer Holds a Record That Not Even Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre Were Able To Break".

The former Packer?

Aaron Rouse.

The record?

A 99-yard pick six off of Peyton Manning.

You keep thinking they just can't get any worse, but then... they just keep getting worse.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really get fed up with that crap. I saw one last week that I just had to click on, even though I knew i was going to hate it... "This Former Packer Holds a Record That Not Even Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre Were Able To Break".

The former Packer?

Bob Rouse.

The record?

You keep thinking they just can't get any worse, but then... they just keep getting worse.
A lot of what you see in advertising on all social media. They tease you with !!!!! and then it either is a nothing burger or nonsense. Or both. You could go to most any site and spend hours clicking on these. What a waste of time!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The former Packer?

Bob Rouse.

The record?

Had me confused for a minute... Aaron Rouse, S, 2008.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A lot of what you see in advertising on all social media.
Yup and sometimes the ads are so well disguised, you click on them, thinking that you are clicking on the next page of the article. If I access a website like that, I leave it pretty quickly.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about the Packers last 4 PS spots? Gute must still be shopping and negotiating. Almost makes you think that the 4 won't be any that the Packers originally cut, those guys are usually back pretty quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts