Green Bay Packers 2024 53 Man Roster <<predictions>>

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an interesting insight. Do you have any speciic names in mind, or do you think it's more of a flexible scenario depending journeyman quarterbacks happen tp be available at that stage of the season?
I do yes, do I have direct insight from any connections - not presently.

Reaction score
I know it’s not common for us to give up in the second season of a drafted player, but Tyler Huntley was one name I’ve seen tossed around. The Browns have Jameis Winston, Deshaun Watson and Dorian Thompson Robison from 2023,Rd5

Huntley at least has 22 games and 10 starts under his belt going into his 5th season. When Lamar went down in 2022 Tyler went 4-4 there. He fumbled the ball at the goal line in the playoffs but stuff happens. This preseason he went 6/9 41 yards passing and rushed twice for 13 yards against us. He might be interested that Cleveland is a 8.5 hours drive from Green Bay. He just became a Father a few months ago, so staying in vicinity nationally might be of interest also.

Last edited:

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that on Youtube? Sounds worth a look, thanks for the headsup.
Yeah. He has a channel. It’s pretty lowly subscribed but it’s solid.

His insights tend to be more about line play (no surprise), professional life, etc, but he digs into a handful of plays most weeks. I don’t take everything as gospel but even if he’s 100% wrong on something, he provides some context and insight.

And I like his style of not proclaiming himself an expert or that he’s always right. I appreciate that.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense (26)

Quaterback (2)
1. Jordan Love
2. Sean Clifford

PS 1. Michael Pratt

Running Back (4)
1. Josh Jacobs
2. Marshawn Lloyd
3. AJ Dillon
4. Emmanuel Wilson

Tight End (3)
1. Luke Musgrave
2. Tucker Kraft
3. Ben Sims

Wide Receiver (6)
1. Christian Watson
2. Romeo Doubs
3. Jayden Reed
4. Dontayvion Wicks
5. Bo Melton
6. Grant Dubose

Offensive Line (9)
1. Zach Tom
2. Elgton Jenkins
3. Jordan Morgan
4. Rasheed Walker
5. Josh Myers
6. Shawn Rhyan
7. Jacob Monk
8. Royce Newman
9. Kadeem Telfort

Defense (24)

Safety (5)
1. Xavier Mckinney
2. Javon Bullard
3. Evan Williams
4. Anthony Johnson
5. Kitan Oladapo

Cornerback (6)
1. Jaire Alexander
2. Eric Stokes
3. Carrington Valentine
4. Keshion Nixon
5. Kalen King
6. Robert Rochell

Linebacker (5)
1. Quay Walker
2. Isiah McDuffie
3. Edgerrin Copper
4. Tyron Hopper
5. Eric Wilson

Defensive Line (10)
1. Rashan Gary
2. Lucas Van Ness
3. TJ Slaton
4. Devonte Wyatt
5. Preston Smith
6. Kingsley Enagbare
7. Karl Brooks
8. Colby Wooden
9. Kenny Clark
10. Brenton Cox Jr

Special Teams (3)
1. Anders Carlson K
2. Daniel Whelan P
3. Peter Bowden LS
Changes I would make

I think Clifford and Pratt are flipped.

Agree on RB but I think depth chart with Dillon and Lynch needs to change.

Malik Heath is your #5 WR...Dubose may get PS or cut...or Melton gets cut, he had a rough game against Denver.

1 or both of Newman and Myers get cut if they're smart.

Oladapo OR Williams get PS.

I'm not sold on King or Rochell, but more un-sold on King.

I think Goforth if healthy beats out either Wilson or McDuffie or they keep 6 LB.

The Packers usually cut a vet/starter and while I've said I hoped it was either Myers or Newman I can easily see it being Preston Smith

P and LS I agree, I'm not sure about Carlson YET.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Changes I would make

I think Clifford and Pratt are flipped.

Agree on RB but I think depth chart with Dillon and Lynch needs to change.

Malik Heath is your #5 WR...Dubose may get PS or cut...or Melton gets cut, he had a rough game against Denver.

1 or both of Newman and Myers get cut if they're smart.

I think Goforth if healthy beats out either Wilson or McDuffie or they keep 6 LB.

The Packers usually cut a vet/starter and while I've said I hoped it was either Myers or Newman I can easily see it being Preston Smith

P and LS I agree, I'm not sure about Carlson YET.
I liked some of what you said but a few things here are way off. McDuffie isn't going anywhere. Meyers isn't either though you could be right about him. I have seen very little of Goforth but he caught my eye as a possibility. Giving away Preston is pretty ridiculous.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifford or Pratt at #2 will be decided today, in the Ravens preseason game. I think both of them know it. It will be a question of which one shows the most poise, not necessarily the results they get, because the guys they'll team up with on the field will definitely be out matched, because of the Ravens depth.

I still believe Clifford is going to pull it out. It's like others have said, he's not a great practice player, but he's a gamer. We're going to find out how much so today.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edit: Brenton Cox makes it as 10th Dline knocking 10th Oline off the roster

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Melton proved down the stretch last season he can be a legitimate weapon as the 5th guy in MLF's offense. Heath while I do like him, did not, in about the same amount of opportunity. Melton not going anywhere as he has something the other two dont, 4.3 speed. I think Dubose makes it over Heath becas he's more of an unknown as a reciever and a better player on special teams

No way they cut Williams as he would not make it to the PS. He would be plucked off waivers by another team with the pre season he has put together. Oladapo might make it thru waivers but I feel like the team really likes him as he is a different kind of player than the other 4 safeties

You may not be sold on King but the Packers FO certainly seems to be. Im not sold on Rochell either and theres a better than good chance Corey Ballentine makes it over him. Ballentine is better as a corner but Rochell looks like a potential difference maker on special teams

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked some of what you said but a few things here are way off. McDuffie isn't going anywhere. Meyers isn't either though you could be right about him. I have seen very little of Goforth but he caught my eye as a possibility. Giving away Preston is pretty ridiculous.
Myers sticks for one more season allowing GB to develop (Rhyan &/or Monk) or draft his replacement. Newman is done in GB so Gute should look to trade Newman for a soon-to-be cut K or LS. Can never have too many good Edge Rushers, Preston stays in '24. Heath is a great #5, steady, very good blocker, consistently does what's asked. Dubose, Melton, Toure, ??? battle for a ST roster spot.

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Melton caught a TD today, but Heath's full body of work this preseason, puts him as the #5, IMO. Aaron Mosby may have jumped ahead of Brenton Cox, and Khristian Welch with an INT in back to back games may help him get a roster spot. Loved seeing all the turnovers created today, hopefully it is a sign of things to come during the regular season.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers is practically a lock as gone. LaFleur Stenovich and Gutekunst should've cut him after the 2nd drive in Minnesota last year.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question on the QB battle. Are we still allowed to PS Clifford? Cause that's starting to be the only way I see him making this team past cuts.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Question on the QB battle. Are we still allowed to PS Clifford? Cause that's starting to be the only way I see him making this team past cuts.
There aren't any restrictions on who can be on the 17 player practice squad, aside for 10 players need to have 2 or fewer accrued NFL seasons, and one being an international player. The other 6 spots can be a player with any amount of time in the league, including veterans.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edit: Kristian Welch knocks Eric Wilson of the roster

Michael Pratt knocks Sean Clifford off the roster

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I think Joel Wilson beats out Tyler Davis at TE. Pratt over Clifford for the #2 QB. Clifford just didn't play well enough to earn that job (51% Completion rate over the 3 PS games). Finally, I was positive Carlson would be the kicker, but that 32 yd missed FG today in the 4thQ costs him the kicking job to Joseph.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Joel Wilson beats out Tyler Davis at TE. Pratt over Clifford for the #2 QB. Clifford just didn't play well enough to earn that job (51% Completion rate over the 3 PS games). Finally, I was positive Carlson would be the kicker, but that 32 yd missed FG today in the 4thQ costs him the kicking job to Joseph.
If that's the case I sure hope they are scanning the cuts. I'm not sold on Carlson by any means but I am even less sold on Joseph.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
IPP does not count towards the 53 or 16. He is a bonus spot.
Correct.... I guess I could have worded my post better. You can have 17 players on the PS, if one is an international player. Otherwise it's 16, with 10 having 2 years or less, plus 6 more spots, regardless of years in the league. A team doesn't have to have an international player, but why not, if it's a free roster spot.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct.... I guess I could have worded my post better. You can have 17 players on the PS, if one is an international player. Otherwise it's 16, with 10 having 2 years or less, plus 6 more spots, regardless of years in the league. A team doesn't have to have an international player, but why not, if it's a free roster spot.
Each season a different division is selected to have an IPP player and like you said, why not use it. I assume that after the season that IPP designation goes away and the teams need to account for that player under normal roster rules but by that time you should have a pretty good idea where your PS guys stand.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edit: Tyler Davis knocks Robert Rochell off the roster

Andre Dillard knocks Kadeem Telfort off the roster

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
If that's the case I sure hope they are scanning the cuts. I'm not sold on Carlson by any means but I am even less sold on Joseph.
I'm not sold on Joseph either, but I prefer him over Carlson at this point, if I had to choose one or the other.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts