2024 Roster Status/Tracker

Reaction score
Speaking of which, the more I contemplate the surprise of the Anthony Johnson Jr departure, the more I think they like Evan Williams. Throughout Camp he was playing at Bullard’s level and I can see why they moved up to #111 to grab him. I believe we had him as a 3rd Round grade in that top 70-100 area and at 111 overall Williams was a bargain.

We also value the experience of Safety, Zayne Anderson. He’s played in 5 Postseason games between KC and GB across the last couple seasons and is now in his 4th season.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s amazing. Being #1 Youngest again just shows how inexperienced we were overall last season.
Our Rookies that play this season should be high echelon. We have a bunch of 2nd/3rd/4th year starters that should be ready to elevate their games.
It just tells you the team will have to wait longer to apply for Social Security.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But apparently they have faith in someone who has never kicked in a regular season game before. I am missing something here. If the guy was that good why did Tennessee release him? If he should struggle Carlson and Joseph will likely be somewhere else by that time.
Carlson and Joseph were absolutely nothing special. Whoever they sign has just a good a chance as being good or sucking as those two so go with the one that the coach really likes. You have two kickers that had an entire offseason to stand out and they did absolutely nothing could this guy be any worse?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the logic of cutting Joseph and signing an undrafted free agent to kick?
The knock on Joseph is that he's not very good in cold weather. His games as a Viking at Lambeau haven't been very convincing to take the risk. I agree going with a Rookie who hasn't kicked in cold weather looks like just as big of a risk. Like I've said all off season, the kicking situation is a mess.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
"According to The 33rd Team, which compiled the data on Thursday and shared its data with Packers On SI on Saturday:

The Packers have the youngest roster in the NFL with an average age of 25.11 years old. And it’s not close. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are second with an average age of 25.59. That’s a difference of 0.48. There are 11 teams within 0.48 years of the Bucs."

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carlson and Joseph were absolutely nothing special. Whoever they sign has just a good a chance as being good or sucking as those two so go with the one that the coach really likes. You have two kickers that had an entire offseason to stand out and they did absolutely nothing could this guy be any worse?
Joseph may not be flawless but he has kicked some game winners. He has missed some game winners. But he has been there. How bout we just call up Crosby and make a bargain deal?

Reaction score
The knock on Joseph is that he's not very good in cold weather. His games as a Viking at Lambeau haven't been very convincing to take the risk. I agree going with a Rookie who hasn't kicked in cold weather looks like just as big of a risk. Like I've said all off season, the kicking situation is a mess.
Yeah it’s Probably not an ideal situation

That said one would think that in colder weather (or wind) that a Kicker with a good mixture of near elite Range is preferred. Narveson just Kicked one 2 weeks ago from 59 with room to spare. I’d still feel better from closer up that he’d have better % chance that adverse weather won’t play on the ball as hard

I’m just trying to find a glimmer of sunshine here !

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That said one would think that in colder weather (or wind) that a Kicker with a good mixture of near elite Range is preferred. Narveson just Kicked one 2 weeks ago from 59 with room to spare. I’d still feel better from closer up that he’d have better % chance that adverse weather won’t play on the ball as hard

I think it's way too soon to call Narveson a failure or a success. I just think that even with a big leg, he's a big risk because he hasn't kicked in cold weather games. Going with Narveson over Joseph still makes sense because Joseph has struggled on grass in late season games and his risk is also high. Maybe Narveson is better so he deserves a chance.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think it's way too soon to call Narveson a failure or a success. I just think that even with a big leg, he's a big risk because he hasn't kicked in cold weather games. Going with Narveson over Joseph still makes sense because Joseph has struggled on grass in late season games and his risk is also high. Maybe Narveson is better so he deserves a chance.
All we can safely conclude is this:

Out of the 3 guys (Carlson, Joseph and Narveson), the Packers chose Narveson. It also says something about their lack of confidence in Joseph and Carlson, that they would go with a guy that has only kicked a small amount of times in the NFL and those were preseason games and not as a Packer.

I read something kind of interesting. Narveson's now wife (they got married in July) is from Prescott, WI and was ecstatic that the Packers signed her husband. The interesting part is that the 2 spent their honeymoon in Mexico and since Brayden had never been out of the U.S., he had to get a Passport for the trip. Had he not done that, he probably wouldn't have gotten one in time to go to Brazil with his team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure if it was posted before but the Packers signed RB La’Mical Perine to their PS on Saturday.

When I searched for his name in here, I only could find posts about him being a potential pick for the Packers back in 2020. The Jets drafted him in the 4th round in 2020. The Packers are his 6th team. In limited action he has 94 carries for 340 yards (3.6 yds/carry) and 2 TD's.

Have to say, he sure looked good back in 2020. :)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the glimmer of sunshine is that we were in a crap situation no matter who we chose so does it really matter. We went with a rookie last year and we are doing it again. Keep doing it untill you get it right. Plus Narveson's wife grew up in Prescott a Packer fan.

Reaction score
I think the glimmer of sunshine is that we were in a crap situation no matter who we chose so does it really matter. We went with a rookie last year and we are doing it again. Keep doing it untill you get it right. Plus Narveson's wife grew up in Prescott a Packer fan.
I liked that. His wife was all excited when he called to tell her he was headed to GB. It sounded like she basically hung up on him to go call her parents. lol

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Messiah Swinson signed to Panthers active 53 from our PS
That must have been why the Packers signed RB Chris Brooks to the practice squad. When the Brooks signing came out this afternoon, the player leaving, or who's spot he was taking, wasn't known/reported yet. Leaves us with 3 active TE's and none on the PS, unless they are considering the FB Beck an HB who could be brought up if needed.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder if a free agent vet TE might be necessary on the PS? Drew Sample, Ross Dwelley or Geoff Swaim? An injury to any one of current 3 would limit MLF's offense so, imho, need a playbook knowledgeable TE waiting in the wings.

*** Edit ***
Dwelley made Atlanta's 53, & Sample made Cincy's 53 so my list above blows chunks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder if a free agent vet TE might be necessary on the PS? Drew Sample, Ross Dwelley or Geoff Swaim? An injury to any one of current 3 would limit MLF's offense so, imho, need a playbook knowledgeable TE waiting in the wings.

Swaim is a guy I'd see if he'd be interested.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Swaim is a guy I'd see if he'd be interested.
Irv Smith is a TE that I would be interested in knowing more about. He definitely was a 2nd round disappointment for the Vikings in 2019, but maybe a guy that's hungry enough to come in and restart his career. He just turned 26, so lots of mileage still on those tire.

Of course, while I don't have to say it, I should. I don't know what kind of locker room guy he is, nor if he is healthy, but if he fits the mold of a blocking/receiving TE that the Packers like, then bring him in. :)

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
There's a few TEs out there. My guess is they will bring in a guy we have never heard of and stash him on the PS. Always could go after Jimmy Graham :). As mention, Swaim's name seems to be floating around. C.J. Uzomah has bounced around the league for awhile. I think Irv Smith has seen his last days. His best year, which wasn't great, was his rookie year and his numbers have gone down every season. Being cut by the Chief's is probably it for him. It would have to be desperation mode to pick him up. In saying that, there could be some desperate teams for a TE as the season goes on.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hypothetically if Sims, Musgrave or Kraft go down I would prefer the team signed directly to our 53 these three...in no particular order and each with very different reasons:

Zach Kuntz - Only one year experience but this 6'8' athletic freak from Old Dominion hasn't tapped into his potential fully and is currently on the Jets PS.

Josiah Deguara - The safest, most know what you're getting and a guy that could step into his cleats and hit ground running system wise the most would be Josiah. Expected to be a bigger piece given his third round draft stock was held against him before...now he'd be a minimum salary signed PS guy...would be well worth that. Jaguars PS

Robert Tonyan - Yup, another familiar face....if tragedy struck, signing Tonyan would be a breath of fresh air for a guy that simply hasn't found his footing since leaving GB...can some of that Lambeau magic be relocated? Can he be a sufficient TE2 or TE3 type for us to get through an injury? I'm all for this if it happens and I suspect knowing some in Bobby's camp, this wouldn't be something he would fight against - HE LOVED the fans of GB.

An intriguing guy that is now a free agent:

N'Keal Harry - An adaquate but never great WR...he has now this year switched to TE and with that athletic profile I see him as a very interesting prospect.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hypothetically if Sims, Musgrave or Kraft go down I would prefer the team signed directly to our 53 these three...in no particular order and each with very different reasons:

Zach Kuntz - Only one year experience but this 6'8' athletic freak from Old Dominion hasn't tapped into his potential fully and is currently on the Jets PS.

Josiah Deguara - The safest, most know what you're getting and a guy that could step into his cleats and hit ground running system wise the most would be Josiah. Expected to be a bigger piece given his third round draft stock was held against him before...now he'd be a minimum salary signed PS guy...would be well worth that. Jaguars PS

Robert Tonyan - Yup, another familiar face....if tragedy struck, signing Tonyan would be a breath of fresh air for a guy that simply hasn't found his footing since leaving GB...can some of that Lambeau magic be relocated? Can he be a sufficient TE2 or TE3 type for us to get through an injury? I'm all for this if it happens and I suspect knowing some in Bobby's camp, this wouldn't be something he would fight against - HE LOVED the fans of GB.

An intriguing guy that is now a free agent:

N'Keal Harry - An adaquate but never great WR...he has now this year switched to TE and with that athletic profile I see him as a very interesting prospect.

Green Bay has two young athletic pass-catchers at TE in Musgrave & Kraft. My guess is that they just want good special teamers who can also block to back them up. Players on a rookie contract preferred.

Tyler Davis & Ben Sims seem to be a fit for that. Unless someone gets hurt, Green Bay is probably fine with the make-up of their TE room.

Members online

Latest posts