2024 Roster Status/Tracker

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not just welch but Chris Russell also out of the LBs. OP is updated with all confirmed I have

Reaction score
Kristian Welch gone. Bummer
I know it.
We normally keep 2 from Edge/LB group on PS. 50/50 % chances he’s going to be back and makes 1 part of those 2. If he’s not signed elsewhere he’ll at minimum be a priority to fill PS if anyone elevates or injured. He’s right on the fringe of the PS keeper list

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m guessing we 50/50 keep a K on PS also. Looks like Joseph won the battle so far. Either that or they’ll sign another K and PS him. Too much instability for 1 Placekicker imo

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought that back shoulder TD that Melton caught last week really impressed. If he was a Roster bubble I doubt he was after that. He just looks fluid out there. It’s between Heath and Dubose and it’s a tough one but I’d take Heath in a contested move.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m guessing we 50/50 keep a K on PS also. Looks like Joseph won the battle so far. Either that or they’ll sign another K and PS him. Too much instability for 1 Placekicker imo
I guess business is business. Let us hope that place kicking is not an Achilles this season. Heck, with the new crazy kickoff rule if something happened to Joseph they could find Crosby somewhere. He won't have to knock one out of the end zone.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wow, The Chiefs released Vikings former second-round pick, tight end Irv Smith.

Guess it isn't much of a "Wow" after I did a bit of research. Major disappointment since coming out of Alabama.

Reaction score
I guess business is business. Let us hope that place kicking is not an Achilles this season. Heck, with the new crazy kickoff rule if something happened to Joseph they could find Crosby somewhere. He won't have to knock one out of the end zone.
I’m not going to fib. I know Crosby would be a short term answer, but I think <50 yards he’s 80-~85% and that’s plenty good. He’s also a 90-95% XP Kicker it’s all about the $ it would take and wherever he’s at mentality wise. I don’t count last year because not enough sample size. His downfall is his top range is likely 53-54 yards area and that’s with the wind. Lol

At this point I think Greg Joseph won the job. I think he’s capable of holding down the fort short term.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
LOL...guess coming out of Alabama and being selected high in the draft isn't much of a guarantee. 2021 #17 pick in the draft, OL Alex Leatherwood was cut.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, The Chiefs released Vikings former second-round pick, tight end Irv Smith.

Guess it isn't much of a "Wow" after I did a bit of research. Major disappointment since coming out of Alabama.

I’m not going to fib. I know Crosby would be a short term answer, but I think <50 yards he’s ~85% and that’s plenty good. He’s also a 95% XP Kicker it’s all about the $ it would take and wherever he’s at mentality wise.
Old Kickers are usually signed short term and it is to fill a need. Gould helped Frisco while there. When he got hurt his replacement was not so good.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't feel so bad about Carlson. Pats just cut K Chad Ryland, he was their 4th round pick (#112) last year.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Interesting, sounds like the Packers are hoping to bring Clifford back and not Pratt.

That's odd. I felt Pratt did better and was more under control. My sample size is a couple preseason games though. The coaches are at practice every day. I'm sure Pratt will land on someone's practice squad after waivers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That's odd. I felt Pratt did better and was more under control. My sample size is a couple preseason games though. The coaches are at practice every day. I'm sure Pratt will land on someone's practice squad after waivers.
I think now with Willis, they feel Clifford is more "game ready" until Willis is up to speed. As Huber points out, Clifford will probably be suited up as the #2 QB for the Eagles game.

Could be despite Pratt's arm, the Packers also think Clifford is just the better long term option. Who knows though, wouldn't be out of the question to sign them both to the PS.

Krabs

Reaction score
Goes to show you how deep the Chiefs are at WR, Kadarius Toney was released.
Overrated player. He was always injured and never met the potential everyone discussed about him. I'm sure someone will take a flyer on him, but he's not better than any of the WR's the Packers have. Or should I say, I wouldn't take him over any Packer WRs.

Krabs

Reaction score
I think now with Willis, they feel Clifford is more "game ready" until Willis is up to speed. As Huber points out, Clifford will probably be suited up as the #2 QB for the Eagles game.

Could be despite Pratt's arm, the Packers also think Clifford is just the better long term option. Who knows though, wouldn't be out of the question to sign them both to the PS.
Don't the Packers have to put Willis on the 53? I would be surprised if they kept Clifford as the #2 and take up a needed roster spot for three QB's. Am I missing something here?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Are the Packers deep enough at WR that putting a Waiver claim in on Kadarius Toney wouldn't be necessary? For the record, I think he will be claimed well before the Packers 25th claim spot.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Overrated player. He was always injured and never met the potential everyone discussed about him. I'm sure someone will take a flyer on him, but he's not better than any of the WR's the Packers have. Or should I say, I wouldn't take him over any Packer WRs.

LOL....you answered my question before I hit send!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't the Packers have to put Willis on the 53? I would be surprised if they kept Clifford as the #2 and take up a needed roster spot for three QB's. Am I missing something here?
I think Willis has to be on the 53, but Clifford could be brought up from the PS for the Eagles game and 2 more games, if needed. Willis would be a healthy scratch from the game active list.

Krabs

Reaction score
I think Willis has to be on the 53, but Clifford could be brought up from the PS for the Eagles game and 2 more games, if needed. Willis would be a healthy scratch from the game active list.
Okay, that makes sense. I could see that being the case.

Members online