Roster Statuses heading into 2024...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
IF he's not your first RT or even your first LT then I see the value. You also have the question of how far is Monk and could your actually second LT plan be Morgan OR even Jenkins with guards shuffling.
Value will be determined by the amount of desperation a team still in the playoff hunt has for their offensive line situation. Never count out the Jets

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson is a great guy to have on your bench. He's good on special teams and when he gets a chance to come into the game as a LB, he generally gives it all he's got. I think it was the Colts game that he had an interception and sniffed out a QB option, both helping to secure that game.

Wilson is a guy that I want on my team for a variety of roles. You (@tynimiller ) talked about working out some new contracts now for the future. Wilson would be a guy I would like to see locked in as a Packer for 3-4 more years.

Wilson is a perfect candidate for that guy that has found his home, and can play his remaining 2-4 years knowing where he will be and be a contributor in the way the team needs. His starting ship has all but cleared the horizon...I could see a solid deal like say $6M for 3 years...but hits in first two are like $1.5 and $1.5 then $3M. Guarantee like $1.5M of it and roll forward knowing you got a depth piece you like.

Such a move actually if you think about it also makes McDuffie in essence an absolute minimum offer only after this year as his contract is up...he thinks he has a better chance elsewhere so be it, if not take him and if he plays his way into a bottom roster spot its cheap, if not its cheap and no skin cut.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
IF he's not your first RT or even your first LT then I see the value. You also have the question of how far is Monk and could your actually second LT plan be Morgan OR even Jenkins with guards shuffling.
For me Dillard is the perfect depth OT. He didn't cost the Packers much, he has a ton of experience and he probably won't absolutely ***** the bed if called on.

After the trade deadline, it is very hard to find guys who can play LT sitting around looking for a team. If the Packers were 2-5, I would be all over trading our unneeded 2024 pieces away, to prepare for 2025. However, that isn't the case and the 5-2 Packers need to do everything they can right now, to make sure their roster is deep enough to play into Feb.
Wilson is a perfect candidate for that guy that has found his home, and can play his remaining 2-4 years knowing where he will be and be a contributor in the way the team needs. His starting ship has all but cleared the horizon...I could see a solid deal like say $6M for 3 years...but hits in first two are like $1.5 and $1.5 then $3M. Guarantee like $1.5M of it and roll forward knowing you got a depth piece you like.

Such a move actually if you think about it also makes McDuffie in essence an absolute minimum offer only after this year as his contract is up...he thinks he has a better chance elsewhere so be it, if not take him and if he plays his way into a bottom roster spot its cheap, if not its cheap and no skin cut.

I acutally like McDuffie. Not really as a Day 1 starter, but as your first guy off the bench as your LT starter if your main guy goes down. His snap counts have been dwindling, as they have worked Cooper into the rotation. That said, much like Wilson, I think he is a guy that improves your depth.