2024 Roster Status/Tracker

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Updated OP.

Easy cuts IMO I've struck through....Now of course a kicker must be cut, and truthfully who knows we may cut both, not put one on our 53, do a designation and then sign a kicker that is on the street after cut downs and bring back Joseph or Carlson to PS if one clears waivers.

Clearly likely an addtional WR maybe two, TE will be down to 3 most possibly just roll with Kraft/Musgrave and try to retain one of Davis/Sims/Wilson...OL likely sees on or two more than what is struck below too...obviously defensive groups have bottom depth cuts needed to where guys haven't made it easy.

QB
Jordan Love
Sean Clifford
Michael Pratt (R)

RB
Ellis Merriweather
Emanuel Wilson
Josh Jacobs
AJ Dillon
Nate McCrary
MarShawn Lloyd (R)

WR
Christian Watson
Romeo Doubs
Jayden Reed
Dontayvion Wicks
Malik Heath
Samori Toure
Grant DuBose
Bo Melton
Dimitri Stanley (UDFA)
Jalen Wayne

TE
Luke Musgrave
Tucker Kraft
Ben Sims
Joel Wilson
Tyler Davis
Henry Pearson
Messiah Swinson (UDFA)

OL
Elgton Jenkins
Josh Myers
Sean Rhyan
Zach Tom
Rasheed Walker
Jacob Monk (R)
Kadeem Telfort
Donovan Jennings (R)
Caleb Jones
Andre Dillard
Travis Glover
Jordan Morgan (R)
Lecitus Smith
RoyceNewman

Luke Tenuta

D-Front
Kenny Clark
TJ Slaton
Colby Wooden
Karl Brooks
Devonte Wyatt
Jonathan Ford
Brenton Cox Jr
Kingsley Enagbare
Rashan Gary
Aaron Mosby

Preston Smith
Lukas Van Ness
Spencer Waege
Deslin Alexandre
James Ester
Keshawn Banks
Keonte Schad
Zach Morton
Brevin Allen

LB
Quay Walker
Isaiah McDuffie
Christian Young
Edgerrin Cooper (R)
Ty'Ron Hopper (R)
Ralen Goforth (R)
Chris Russell
Kristian Welch
Eric Wilson

CB
Jaire Alexander
Eric Stokes
Carrington Valentine
Anthony Johnson Jr
Keisean Nixon
Corey Ballentine
Robert Rochell
Germon Green
Kalen King (R)
LJ Davis

S
Xavier McKinney
Javon Bullard (R)
Kitan Oladapo (R)
Evan Williams (R)
Anthony Johnson Jr
Zayne Anderson
Benny Sapp

ST
Anders Carlson
Greg Joseph
Alex Hale (international designation)
Matt Orzech
Jack Podlesny
Daniel Whelan ERFA TENDERED

LOL...I misread your opening and thought this was your predicted 53, until I was like "wow, this would be an excellent and deep roster, but wait, how many guys?"

I agree with your "no brainer" cuts. I also think the Packers might cut both backup QB's and both kickers, so that they can keep a few extra guys at other positions. Who is going to claim Clifford, Pratt, Carlson or Joseph? I think at least 2, if not all 4 of those guys will still be sitting their waiting to be signed to the PS on Wed. Then take it from there based on any new moves with waived/traded/signed QB's or K's.

Too bad both Dillon and Lloyd are nursing injuries, had they not been, I don't think the Packers need to keep Wilson on the initial 53. Cutting him now would probably give them a 50/50 chance of resigning him to the PS.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...I misread your opening and thought this was your predicted 53, until I was like "wow, this would be an excellent and deep roster, but wait, how many guys?"

I agree with your "no brainer" cuts. I also think the Packers might cut both backup QB's and both kickers, so that they can keep a few extra guys at other positions. Who is going to claim Clifford, Pratt, Carlson or Joseph? I think at least 2, if not all 4 of those guys will still be sitting their waiting to be signed to the PS on Wed. Then take it from there based on any new moves with waived/traded/signed QB's or K's.

Too bad both Dillon and Lloyd are nursing injuries, had they not been, I don't think the Packers need to keep Wilson on the initial 53. Cutting him now would probably give them a 50/50 chance of resigning him to the PS.

Pratt I think gets claimed.

I already have said elsewhere I strongly feel we won't have a LS on the 53 until after we do some designations...this year though there is two IRs with return options that you don't have to eat up a 53 man spot. Those could be Lloyd and Dillon honestly...

I suspect we try to see if Clifford clears waivers....but I also strongly think we should go after a vet and have the odd exception to what we typically do and have 3 QBs on the main roster...with Pratt being that third. I really think Pratt can be that awesome back up, and you let him learn behind Love and say a Tannehill or a Huntley or Brissett type I think all the better.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Could be, but that would require him to be put on a 53 elsewhere. I am not familiar enough with the other 31 rosters, to know the probability of that. Sure, he could sign on to another teams PS if offered, but GB is probably his best place now. I guess I will rely on the Packers coaches to tell us what they think about Pratt's future in GB/The NFL. Also, if the Packers are eying another QB as their #2, that makes Pratt even more expendable IMO.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be, but that would require him to be put on a 53 elsewhere. I am not familiar enough with the other 31 rosters, to know the probability of that. Sure, he could sign on to another teams PS if offered, but GB is probably his best place now. I guess I will rely on the Packers coaches to tell us what they think about Pratt's future in GB/The NFL. Also, if the Packers are eying another QB as their #2, that makes Pratt even more expendable IMO.

I also know internally the team was decently high on Slovis (rookie) out of BYU by way of Pitt and USC...he was just released. While not big news...the team if say they have a line with White from Mia coming to town they could risk Clifford/Pratt to the waiver and bet one clears....

Who knows. I personally see a much more well crafted rookie Pratt than I saw in rookie Clifford...so for sheer projection I lean Pratt.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Who knows. I personally see a much more well crafted rookie Pratt than I saw in rookie Clifford...so for sheer projection I lean Pratt.
Most definitely. To be honest, I was high on Clifford when they drafted him, that "high" is now reduced down to the day after buzz kill. He has had plenty of time and snaps to improve, but hasn't shown much progress. He totally looks nervous and indecisive in the pocket and that shouldn't be how a 2nd year QB looks.

Like I said, I think the Packer coaches and maybe even other teams, have a decent idea if Pratt has a good chance of a legit future in the NFL. If he does, he won't be cut.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't know why you are so down on Wilson. He has shown he can play. I really don't care that other teams did not see it. He's not going anywhere and he'll do well imho.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most definitely. To be honest, I was high on Clifford when they drafted him, that "high" is now reduced down to the day after buzz kill. He has had plenty of time and snaps to improve, but hasn't shown much progress. He totally looks nervous and indecisive in the pocket and that shouldn't be how a 2nd year QB looks.

Like I said, I think the Packer coaches and maybe even other teams, have a decent idea if Pratt has a good chance of a legit future in the NFL. If he does, he won't be cut.

He's the back up version of Newman if we're honest...Newman came in mid level draft pick and out punted his expectations by surviving as a starter his rookie year....and then literally never progressed hardly at all....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't know why you are so down on Wilson. He has shown he can play. I really don't care that other teams did not see it. He's not going anywhere and he'll do well imho.

To be clear, I am not "down" on Wilson, I am just not that high on the guy. All 3 backs on Saturday showed "they can play", but at what level once all the starters are playing? If everyone was healthy, Wilson is the #4 back at best. Given that I don't see that big of a difference between him and the #5 and #6 guys, I wouldn't cut a guy like Brenton Cox or Mosby to keep him. Basically, RB's, especially 25 year old RB's with 14 career rushes in the NFL, are a dime a dozen and aren't that valuable of assets, IMHO of course.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kind of pathetically, hilarious to read that the Cowboys and CeeDee Lamb are "only" a million dollars apart on a new contract. A contract that will make him the highest paid WR in the NFL.

The lesson here; Have a great season or 2 in the NFL and become the highest paid at your position, no matter if you are under contract or not, just hold out until the season is about to begin.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bottom line should be...if needed can this backup QB come in and win this game?
That's the best argument for signing Tannehill. Sure if Love goes down for half the season or more no QB might be able to salvage a playoff spot or SB run. If he goes out early in a game though and its not a serious injury can a backup win this game and maybe the next one saving our position until Love can return. Clifford or Pratt losing this game and the next might be enough to knock us out even if Love does return.

You may have changed my mind. Especially if its only just 5-6 million only.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That's the best argument for signing Tannehill. Sure if Love goes down for half the season or more no QB might be able to salvage a playoff spot or SB run. If he goes out early in a game though and its not a serious injury can a backup win this game and maybe the next one saving our position until Love can return. Clifford or Pratt losing this game and the next might be enough to knock us out even if Love does return.

You may have changed my mind. Especially if its only just 5-6 million only.
I was rethinking my thoughts on this. Originally I said, only bring in a vet backup with good experience IF the Packers felt they had a legit shot at a SB this season. I stated that I didn't think this was the year they would contend for a SB, more like 2025 and beyond. However, maybe THIS is the year to bring a legit backup in, one that can be around for that run. Gives him time to learn the playbook, get familiar with his receivers and OL, etc. Might cost a little more in the next few years, but QB insurance isn't cheap. Nor is getting them up to speed with the players and the playbook.

I don't think that would rule out Tannehill, unless Tannehill only thinks he has 1 year left in him. If anything, it might be a great opportunity for Tannehill to end the final 2-4 years of his career in GB. He becomes the go to guy if Love goes down, but otherwise serves as decent insurance, as well as a veteran influence on Love, the other QB(s) and teammates.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm.....if what I just got told is true - we are in for a shocking development. I'm working on confirming with the connections I have if any validity....however hate bombarding them right now cuz right before cuts is when I'm sure they're annoyed with all the "discussions". The one was texting me the other day about a couple local Notre Dame prospects if I'd seen them live any yet...maybe use that as a reason to message the one.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Ummm.....if what I just got told is true - we are in for a shocking development. I'm working on confirming with the connections I have if any validity....however hate bombarding them right now cuz right before cuts is when I'm sure they're annoyed with all the "discussions". The one was texting me the other day about a couple local Notre Dame prospects if I'd seen them live any yet...maybe use that as a reason to message the one.
Oh great!!! I was hoping for no shocking developments. Smh smh smh
Why must we have drama?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are getting Willis for a 7th. Seems like a good deal. I think we will cut Clifford and keep Pratt. Disappointed in this development. I don't think Willis will get up to speed soon enough. We must have liked him when came out.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are getting Willis for a 7th. Seems like a good deal. I think we will cut Clifford and keep Pratt. Disappointed in this development. I don't think Willis will get up to speed soon enough. We must have liked him when came out.
Concur, he provides everything Clifford does from experience and actually more…Clifford just knows our system better but that’s a rather small thing as Malik was touted as a VERY astute and smart prospect

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That means Pratt would make another team's 53. I have a hard time believing other teams would think that little of their own rookie or UDFA guy who's been in their camp for the last month. Even after 5 INT's this weekend I'd tale Trey Lance over Pratt IF I used a 53 spot on a 3rd QB. GB needs a backup QB to come in if Love can't play, now, 3rd "development" QB's are everywhere.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Concur, he provides everything Clifford does from experience and actually more…Clifford just knows our system better but that’s a rather small thing as Malik was touted as a VERY astute and smart prospect
And small because we hopefully won't have to use him. I also think if you are going to be forced to go with a guy that doesn't completely have you system down its better to have one that can run. That way if there is a screw up or miscommunication he might be able to make something of it.

Reaction score
The first concern for Malik was …
would he Fall Well?
Sorry it’s an old Liberty Joke from Samkon Gado days !

Welcome aboard Malik. This was a predictable move. Neither project QB was ready and this was a cheap price to pay for an upgrade.

2024 Preseason:
20 of 27 passing for 205 yards
2TD/1INT
101 yards rushing
Four 10yard+ Runs
2-for-2 on passes of 20 +

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That means Pratt would make another team's 53. I have a hard time believing other teams would think that little of their own rookie or UDFA guy who's been in their camp for the last month. Even after 5 INT's this weekend I'd tale Trey Lance over Pratt IF I used a 53 spot on a 3rd QB. GB needs a backup QB to come in if Love can't play, now, 3rd "development" QB's are everywhere.
Now that the Packers have their #2 QB, I think it's a no-brainer to cut Pratt. Like you, I just don't see another team picking him up off waivers. I also don't think he's a guy the Packers want to use one of THEIR 53 spots on. Cut him tomorrow and resign him to the PS.