2024 Roster Status/Tracker

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually don't know what the roster number is right now. I just saw in an article that they had 1 spot open. My quick math told me that means 89 currently on the roster, but you may be right, could be 90 currently with Odumegwu.
I saw a list recently and it had several teams with 91 players so I assumed those were the ones with the IPP exemption. I didn't see where the Packers were at. So wherever they are they have 1.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually don't know what the roster number is right now. I just saw in an article that they had 1 spot open. My quick math told me that means 89 currently on the roster, but you may be right, could be 90 currently with Odumegwu.
"The NFL has specific regulations for players that sign through the IPP. The teams to which each IPP player is assigned are allowed 91 players on their off-season rosters, one more than those teams that are not participating in the IPP that year. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Player_Pathway_Program

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that the Packers already have 3 kickers on the current roster and brought in Bates, leads me to believe that none of those 3 are hitting it out of the park.
At the same time, it's not hard to understand why Gutekunst would want to have a look at a leg that banged a 64-yard gamewinner and then a 62 in back to back games. 4 yards and 6 yards longer than our century-old team's franchise record.

It would almost be a no-brainer for any team with less-than-elite kicking to not fly him across the lake and at least sneak a peek, and for a team with a bona-fide kicking problem (like for instance, Green Bay), it'd constitute borderline negligence.

But then again - later in the day, Green Bay cut Joseph and immediately signed the Lion's backup kicker who had been displaced an hour earlier by Detroit bringing in Bates. So... yeah.... this does not sound like a team that is confident they already have their 2024 kicker on the team.

I feel sorry for Carlson. He clearly knows his team is going to a lot of trouble trying to find someone to replace him, and that has to be getting inside his head every time he sets up to kick the ball.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At the same time, it's not hard to understand why Gutekunst would want to have a look at a leg that banged a 64-yard gamewinner and then a 62 in back to back games. 4 yards and 6 yards longer than our century-old team's franchise record.

It would almost be a no-brainer for any team with less-than-elite kicking to not fly him across the lake and at least sneak a peek, and for a team with a bona-fide kicking problem (like for instance, Green Bay), it'd constitute borderline negligence.

But then again - later in the day, Green Bay cut Joseph and immediately signed the Lion's backup kicker who had been displaced an hour earlier by Detroit bringing in Bates. So... yeah.... this does not sound like a team that is confident they already have their 2024 kicker on the team.

I feel sorry for Carlson. He clearly knows his team is going to a lot of trouble trying to find someone to replace him, and that has to be getting inside his head every time he sets up to kick the ball.

Definitely a head scratcher right now in GB in regards to kicking duties. I guess the positive is that Gute isn't standing pat and appears to be willing to rotate competition in and out. Something he didn't do last season when he just automatically handed the job to Carlson after drafting him in the 6th round. If nothing else, maybe the pressure of keeping his job will help season Anders faster and make him a better kicker.

Members online