WR corps

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know, I watched 1 single philly game and he didn't look any different than many other WR's i've seen. I don't know what he looked like 3 months ago, never even knew he was on our team. I do know he was cut by 2 NFL teams who evaluated him to not be NFL ready about 3 months ago. Maybe he was lazy, maybe he didn't put in the work, maybe he needed a wake up call, maybe he's just putting together a small streak that never amounts to anything.
Mvs has 3 tds and better yard per catch

D

Deleted member 6794

He was locked up and had the play book..which makes me think
Study habits
Couldnt learn play book
Could be other things other than Gute is stupid

Why put words in my mouth??? I was pretty clear about not considering Gutekunst a terrible general manager because of letting Flugham walk.

It was a mistake though. It's beyond my understanding why other fans have an issue admitting that's true.

Why did the Eagles release him after about a month of seeing him?

The Eagles made a mistake as well. Do you feel better about the Packers making the same one now???

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why put words in my mouth??? I was pretty clear about not considering Gutekunst a terrible general manager because of letting Flugham walk.

It was a mistake though. It's beyond my understanding why other fans have an issue admitting that's true.

The Eagles made a mistake as well. Do you feel better about the Packers making the same one now???
cutting someone that hasn't earned it isn't a mistake. Lets say for 7 days of quarantine he learned absolutely nothing, came on the field ran all wrong routes and zigged every time he should have zagged and the ball went the other way. What do you evaluate? But you know? now :)

D

Deleted member 6794

cutting someone that hasn't earned it isn't a mistake. Lets say for 7 days of quarantine he learned absolutely nothing, came on the field ran all wrong routes and zigged every time he should have zagged and the ball went the other way. What do you evaluate? But you know? now :)

As I've mentioned before of course it was only a mistake using hindsight. At the point Fulgham was released nobody expected him to be capable of developing into a decent receiver until week 10.

But all moves are evaluated that way.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Where did I post anything that would lead you to believe I had inside information???

You were the one claiming that Fulgham's attribute might have been an issue without any evidence to back it up.

Actually it's even more impressive that Fulgham has been able to excel as the Eagles #1 receiver as opponents consistently put their best cornerback on him.

No matter how hard some of you try to make excuses for why the Packers moved on from Fulgham it ended up being a mistake to release him.
I said, We also don’t know anything about his attitude while he was here.
This is true. We don’t know anything. Any number of things could have happened while he was here that could have resulted in his dismissal.
There is plenty of doubt that a mistake was made by releasing him so quickly. We simply know absolutely nothing about the internal happenings at 1265 Lombardi.

words have meanings.........

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is true. We don’t know anything. Any number of things could have happened while he was here that could have resulted in his dismissal.
There is plenty of doubt that a mistake was made by releasing him so quickly. We simply know absolutely nothing about the internal happenings at 1265 Lombardi.

words have meanings.........

No..Gute just isnt capable of making ANY right decision

And for record

Capt I have on ignore

D

Deleted member 6794

This is true. We don’t know anything.

Why bring up something we have no knowledge about???

That doesn't change the fact that in hindsight it was a mistake to release Fulgham.

Was it a mistake? Sure.

Is it something worth spending a lot of time talking about? Naw.

Absolutely agreed. I'm not the one making excuses for Gutekunst though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Why bring up something we have no knowledge about???

That doesn't change the fact that in hindsight it was a mistake to release Fulgham.

Absolutely agreed. I'm not the one making excuses for Gutekunst though.
I’m not making excuses. We simply have zero knowledge of what happened during Fulgham’s brief stay in Green Bay.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Like most things, the Fulgham situation requires nuance and an admission that we just don't know certain things.

He's been a good player for the Eagles at a position that the Packers could use the help. So the fact that they cut him was a mistake, at least in terms of outcome. We don't know what Gute/Petals knew or didn't know when they made that call. I kind of doubt that Fulgham was tearing it up and they said "no thanks." But I can also see how you would hold that against the GM at least a little bit if he's also getting credit for finds like Lazard.

On the other side, given the circumstances of his time here, I see nothing homerish about fans shrugging it off. The reality is that lots and lots of undrafted guys typically bounce around until they succeed somewhere. And oftentimes it's not because of mis-evaluation, it's because the player himself clicks and makes a leap. The Rams' great defense is starting a corner right now, Darious Williams, who got cut in Baltimore and is now playing like a pro bowler. The Ravens have one of the best personnel departments in football. It happens.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In other news, can we close the book on EQ now?
Another invisible game yesterday, one catch so far this year.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it my imagination or did MVS almost drop that TD ball by taking his eyes off the ball for an instant?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He almost didn’t get in the end zone too. It’s just pure luck that he was faster than Jacksonville’s lousy and slow defensive backs. He’s still a #4 WR at best and we definitely should spend multi millions to bring in a legitimate **** name #2 from anyplace else to cement our super bowl victory for Rodgers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a mistake to me, is doing something when you should have known better. i do not think this is the case here. Considering in the 3 months prior to him becoming anything he was cut by 3 teams, saying Gute cut an NFL ready receiver is a little disingenuous. history seems to show he wasn't ready.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He almost didn’t get in the end zone too. It’s just pure luck that he was faster than Jacksonville’s lousy and slow defensive backs. He’s still a #4 WR at best and we definitely should spend multi millions to bring in a legitimate **** name #2 from anyplace else to cement our super bowl victory for Rodgers.
MVS has been coming along nicely the last few games. Hope that gaining confidence will make him a good player for us.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked more confident yesterday and the week before a bit. he needs to keep that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts