Ranking the Packer Improvements for 2024 season

Reaction score
I thought Clifford was a great pickup. He played as well as expected for a #2 QB. I look forward to what Pratt has got. His pre-draft publicity was pretty good.

And on a team this talented, a solid #2 is a must-have. Even if Love were to miss some games due to a manageable injury (meaning he would return in the same season) a good backup plays .500 ball until the starter returns. Hopefully that doesn't get tested.
Yes. I really thought we would go after a veteran as our #3. I mean we could still do that I suppose. Pratt would likely be fine on our PS without getting poached.

I wonder if The experience level that Clifford has at Penn State didn’t factor in that decision. He played an awful lot of football in College and now he’s in his Sophomore season where he should have a good grip on the playbook.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. I really thought we would go after a veteran as our #3. I mean we could still do that I suppose. Pratt would likely be fine on our PS without getting poached.

I wonder if The experience level that Clifford has at Penn State didn’t factor in that decision. He played an awful lot of football in College and now he’s in his Sophomore season where he should have a good grip on the playbook.
I think Clifford will be fine. And yes, playing for a Big 10 school helps.

Is Pratt still around? I thought the Athletic showed the camp depth charts and Pratt wasn't listed. If he is around I haven't heard much about him. Well even if he is still in camp, you made a good point that Clifford will be hard to unseat at #2.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifford has played better the last 2 practices. Let's hope this is a trend and whatever was giving him issues is behind him. My thinking is that the struggles were related to the new defense and as he is understanding it more, he is adjusting. I think he will get back to his old level and even become a better QB as he has more experience against another defense.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Clifford has played better the last 2 practices. Let's hope this is a trend and whatever was giving him issues is behind him. My thinking is that the struggles were related to the new defense and as he is understanding it more, he is adjusting. I think he will get back to his old level and even become a better QB as he has more experience against another defense.
I wonder if his struggles were running the #1 offense against the #1 defense and now he's against the #2 defense. Valentine and Ballentine are not Stokes and JA.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts