WR corps

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
In other news, can we close the book on EQ now?
Another invisible game yesterday, one catch so far this year.

1 catch in 5 targets for the season. Lazard is getting close to being activated and I wonder if EQ may be the player waived to make room.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
that was for EQ. MVS does, then doesn't. though lately even when he hasn't, he's come back again. Shows some growth. I hope :)
After Adams day yesterday, perhaps the whole room needs some help with positive mental reinforcement.

see the ball, b-b-be the ball, Danny.

Last edited:

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it my imagination or did MVS almost drop that TD ball by taking his eyes off the ball for an instant?

Yes, he bobbled it. He's a basket catcher, not strong with his hands, it seems. This has caused a couple of his drops earlier in the year.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me of when we had the Jerpaddle Dropplehands thread on her, or whatever it was called for Jermichael Finley. That moniker still makes me chuckle. Kudos to whomever came up with it.

*Edit* Found it after a search: Jerdroppal Paddlehands - I was darn close...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I’m not making excuses. We simply have zero knowledge of what happened during Fulgham’s brief stay in Green Bay.

I never stated to have any knowledge about it.

He's been a good player for the Eagles at a position that the Packers could use the help. So the fact that they cut him was a mistake, at least in terms of outcome. We don't know what Gute/Petals knew or didn't know when they made that call. I kind of doubt that Fulgham was tearing it up and they said "no thanks." But I can also see how you would hold that against the GM at least a little bit if he's also getting credit for finds like Lazard.

There's absolutely no doubt Gutekunst deserves credit for signing Lazard off the Jaguars practice squad.

It should be allowed to criticize him for not correctly evaluating a player like Fulgham though.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case around here.

On the other side, given the circumstances of his time here, I see nothing homerish about fans shrugging it off. The reality is that lots and lots of undrafted guys typically bounce around until they succeed somewhere. And oftentimes it's not because of mis-evaluation, it's because the player himself clicks and makes a leap. The Rams' great defense is starting a corner right now, Darious Williams, who got cut in Baltimore and is now playing like a pro bowler. The Ravens have one of the best personnel departments in football. It happens.

It's definitely true it happens to every team around the league. The better ones keep the number of those incidents pretty low though.

a mistake to me, is doing something when you should have known better. i do not think this is the case here. Considering in the 3 months prior to him becoming anything he was cut by 3 teams, saying Gute cut an NFL ready receiver is a little disingenuous. history seems to show he wasn't ready.

It's more likely the Lions, Packers and Eagles wrongly evaluated Fulgham's talent.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked more confident yesterday and the week before a bit. he needs to keep that
He's playing better. He tends to look away a fraction of a second before the ball arrives. Again, he's getting better. But that's a trait that elite receivers don't have (looking away). It's especially hard to make the catch knowing you're going to get whacked by a safety. Again, MVS can overcome that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody notice how Travis Fulgham has been lighting it up these last four games? Yeah, me neither.

Maybe it was not so much a case of someone underestimating his talent as it was a case of someone in the Eagles WR group having to be the #1 guy when everybody else was out.

Some have said that he might due for a bump again now that Hurts is QB but we shall see.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody notice how Travis Fulgham has been lighting it up these last four games? Yeah, me neither.

Maybe it was not so much a case of someone underestimating his talent as it was a case of someone in the Eagles WR group having to be the #1 guy when everybody else was out.

Some have said that he might due for a bump again now that Hurts is QB but we shall see.
We should ck their stats? Thats all that matters, right?

I say mvs is way ahead?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should ck their stats? Thats all that matters, right?

I say mvs is way ahead?

Mvs is definitely a guy you'd rather have than fulgham. Not many guys have the size and speed mvs has. However I don't think that was ever the question...fulgham would be the #4, 5 or 6 wr in green bay so the question is, is he better than EQ idk probably not, is he better than malik taylor probably, is he better than shepherd absolutely.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Mvs is definitely a guy you'd rather have than fulgham. Not many guys have the size and speed mvs has. However I don't think that was ever the question...fulgham would be the #4, 5 or 6 wr in green bay so the question is, is he better than EQ idk probably not, is he better than malik taylor probably, is he better than shepherd absolutely.
People here said cutting fulgam was wrong

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah because they are saying he's better than shepherd 100% probably better than Taylor and possibly better than EQ

Not becas he's better than mvs
I recall only the argument of not keeping him, Gute was wrong or Gute was right type of argument. because he was producing better than Mvs

I know nothing about those others in the discussions.. Not saying it didnt happen, but I didnt see those posts.

Can you show me?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall only the argument of not keeping him, Gute was wrong or Gute was right type of argument. because he was producing better than Mvs

I know nothing about those others in the discussions.. Not saying it didnt happen, but I didnt see those posts.

Can you show me?

Yes gute was wrong for not keeping him over taylor or shepherd absolutely but don't think anyone thought he should be kept over mvs.

And I have read only your previous comment which I replied too

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....folks getting bent out of shape over not keeping Fulgham crack me up...the dude got hot on a team without any other solid WR options due to variety of reasons...the change of scenario sometimes helps guys shine better, or the system or the chemistry with their coach, position coach or QB. Vastly too many factors to hold it against Gute for not keeping a guy that would have been at best our #4 option.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking over passing stats for us as a team...and while it would take 3 very good yardage games by Aaron -

Aaron is on pace to most likely beat EVERY season Aaron has played in completions - except 2016 when Aaron had 401 (presently at 312).

Aaron is on pace to probably beat his previous TD high of 45 (presently 39)

Aaron is on pace to have his highest completion percentage when a starter - 68.3 in 2011 (presently at 69.6)

He most likely will end the year with his second lowest INT number. 2019 he had 4, this year 4. 2014 - 5

He also will most likely end the year with his second highest Quarterback rating second only to 2011 at 122.5 (presently at 119.7)

QBR..well that fellas is one line he is on pace to set his personal record, he sits at presently 84.9 - 2011 (corrected) he finished with 84.5

I say all this to express the WR room, while shorter in talent than what we all desire (myself included) is perhaps much more talent dense (not just top heavy) than we give credit - or at minimum has the needed talent for this system clearly.

I would still say this team is a serious WR gadget/jet sweep guy or bonafide #2 from being scary....but honestly - I don't think production would change much as a whole.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I was looking over passing stats for us as a team...and while it would take 3 very good yardage games by Aaron -

Aaron is on pace to most likely beat EVERY season Aaron has played in completions - except 2016 when Aaron had 401 (presently at 312).

Aaron is on pace to have his highest completion percentage when a starter - 68.3 in 2011 (presently at 69.6)

He most likely will end the year with his second lowest INT number. 2019 he had 4, this year 4. 2014 - 5

He also will most likely end the year with his second highest Quarterback rating second only to 2011 at 122.5 (presently at 119.7)

QBR..well that fellas is one line he is on pace to set his personal record, he sits at presently 84.9 - 2016 he finished with 84.5

I say all this to express the WR room, while shorter in talent than what we all desire (myself included) is perhaps much more talent dense (not just top heavy) than we give credit - or at minimum has the needed talent for this system clearly.

I would still say this team is a serious WR gadget/jet sweep guy or bonafide #2 from being scary....but honestly - I don't think production would change much as a whole.

I would argue that this has more to do with his offensive system then it does his WR talent. Thought if MVS can have more performances like his most recent one, then he's going to prove to be more of a player than most of us thought he could be. I'd like to see it against better competition before I consider him evolved, however.

The more that Rodgers has operated within the scheme, and the less he's tried to ad lib on the fly, the better he's been. The obvious conclusion is that the coaching/scheme is a huge factor in the overall success of the offense.

Which should not be taken to mean that Rodgers isn't playing out of his mind. He absolutely is. His stellar play and the system in which he's operating are feeding into one another.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

QBR..well that fellas is one line he is on pace to set his personal record, he sits at presently 84.9 - 2016 he finished with 84.5

I'm sure you meant to type 2011 on his 84.5 QBR, but regardless, damn good summation. It's clearly proven to be enough so far. The true test will be in the postseason.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would argue that this has more to do with his offensive system then it does his WR talent. Thought if MVS can have more performances like his most recent one, then he's going to prove to be more of a player than most of us thought he could be. I'd like to see it against better competition before I consider him evolved, however.

The more that Rodgers has operated within the scheme, and the less he's tried to ad lib on the fly, the better he's been. The obvious conclusion is that the coaching/scheme is a huge factor in the overall success of the offense.

Which should not be taken to mean that Rodgers isn't playing out of his mind. He absolutely is. His stellar play and the system in which he's operating are feeding into one another.
MVS continues to catch like that and go get that ball like he did last game, I don't care who the competition is. He's fast enough he's going to be effective by producing or opening things for others. He just looked way more confident and in control. Fleeting moment or sign of things to come? I hope for the latter, he seems to have worked hard enough to deserve it. Man, would that really open things up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts