WR corps

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s utterly amazing how much inside information you must possess to be so certain of your absolute claims and so dismissive of other point of views.

Apparently they get better news and information across the Ocean than we do here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's quite possible that in 4 days he didn't show **** to earn a spot. I have no idea what he looked like, does anyone else? he looks ok now. What did he do here? maybe had 4 days of drops and they simply didn't have enough time to even start to evaluate someone. It happens. It's not like he was here all camp and had some game experience.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just for the record, the Pckers had no chance of putting Fulgham on their prqctice squad as he was claimed off waivers by the Eagles once he was released.

My statement was that "had the Packers not cut him on the 19th, he probably sticks with the team until cutdowns but ends up on the Practice squad and doesn't get an opportunity anyway.

Actually, the Packers did have a chance at putting him on their PS, 2 possible chances if you follow the timeline.
  • Fulgham was claimed off waivers by the Packers on Aug. 10th and released on August 19th.
  • The Eagles claimed him on Aug. 20th, then released him on Sept. 3rd.
  • He sits on waivers for 3 days, until the Eagles finally decide to claim him and put him on their PS.
Probably important to note, the Packers could have claimed him again, as could any team, since he sat unclaimed for 3 days. Also, he only is seeing playing time in Philly due to a rash of injuries for the Eagles, an opportunity he may not have gotten in GB.

Again, I would have loved to have seen if Fulgham was the same player he seems to be in Philly, but saying he would be or would have gotten a chance had the Packers not cut him on 8/19 is a total guess and not one I would feel comfortable with assuming.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very small sample size on fulgham
if he puts up another year and a half of solid production
then i'll be sad panda
until then, he's jag to me

Philly is one team whose WR situation may be worse than ours. Someone has to be their #1 guy even if he is really just a #3 or #4 guy. Take away Adams and I'm guessing someone on our team would have similar production to Fulgham. Put Jackson back on the Eagles and Fulgham probably has 1/2 the production he has now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Move Fulgham down his depth chart and he would certainly have a little less production, but he is playing really well from what I’ve seen.

The Eagles also cut him at one point. Clearly he didn’t really show what he could be until he got on the field for them.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly is one team whose WR situation may be worse than ours. Someone has to be their #1 guy even if he is really just a #3 or #4 guy. Take away Adams and I'm guessing someone on our team would have similar production to Fulgham. Put Jackson back on the Eagles and Fulgham probably has 1/2 the production he has now.

Philly's offense is one to watch IMO, they're getting healthy weapons back and Carson beat us last year. If they make the playoffs, they could surprise some teams. I've been very interested to see how Reagor does with them, and it's been hard to label Fulgham as anything but "the one that got away".

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Totally agree and add to this that the Packer WR's have Aaron Rodgers throwing to them and it hard to get too excited when some no name has a 100 yard game.

D

Deleted member 6794

It’s utterly amazing how much inside information you must possess to be so certain of your absolute claims and so dismissive of other point of views.

Where did I post anything that would lead you to believe I had inside information???

You were the one claiming that Fulgham's attribute might have been an issue without any evidence to back it up.

Philly is one team whose WR situation may be worse than ours. Someone has to be their #1 guy even if he is really just a #3 or #4 guy.

Actually it's even more impressive that Fulgham has been able to excel as the Eagles #1 receiver as opponents consistently put their best cornerback on him.

No matter how hard some of you try to make excuses for why the Packers moved on from Fulgham it ended up being a mistake to release him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a difference between making excuses and reasoning "why" something happened.

He was drafted late, cut by that same team, put on the PS for much of his first year and activated late then cut again for good. GB picked him up for 9 days I see, practiced how many in a very odd training camp year? was released. was picked up by another team and cut again after less than a month but they were able to put him on their practice squad.

Seems he showed quite a few people he wasn't ready to play before he actually was forced into being made active and then produced. Without seeing him do anything, EVER, for this team, how can you say anything about it? Considering it he was cut by 2 other teams too, there's a good chance he didn't show anything to earn a spot. It's not like we saw him doing stuff in 4 preseason games and then Gute cut him.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's a difference between making excuses and reasoning "why" something happened.

He was drafted late, cut by that same team, put on the PS for much of his first year and activated late then cut again for good. GB picked him up for 9 days I see, practiced how many in a very odd training camp year? was released. was picked up by another team and cut again after less than a month but they were able to put him on their practice squad.

Seems he showed quite a few people he wasn't ready to play before he actually was forced into being made active and then produced. Without seeing him do anything, EVER, for this team, how can you say anything about it? Considering it he was cut by 2 other teams too, there's a good chance he didn't show anything to earn a spot. It's not like we saw him doing stuff in 4 preseason games and then Gute cut him.

Gutekunst is getting paid several millions a year to make those tough decisions. Does that mean it's realistic to expect him to be correct every single time? Of course not.

There's no doubt he made a mistake in evaluating Fulgham though. It's difficult to understand why a lot of fans aren't able to admit that and move on without trying to come up with excuses for why that happened.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL

then so did the Eagles, they cut him too. The ONLY reason he got a shot in the first place is they had nobody else. They literally had 1 single WR available that week. One, Greg Ward. That's how Fulgahm got his chance and to his credit, he's caught some balls in real games.

Sometimes guys show nothing until the lights come on. cut by 3 teams, Three, and only activated when there was literally not enough on on the roster available to play a 2 WR set. why aren't able to admit sometimes you just like to argue? apparently nobody saw any reason to activate this kid to an active roster and keep him there on 3 different teams, yet you've seen enough to place blame and hold it there. LOL

and just so you know how much the Eagles thought of him then, at least the fans, digest this for a minute

The team will likely look to activate rookie Quez Watkins from his “return from injured reserve practice window” in addition to elevating Deontay Burnett (and maybe also Travis Fulgham?) from the practice squad. Not exactly the best group of players to surround a struggling quarterback with.

D

Deleted member 6794

LOL

then so did the Eagles, they cut him too. The ONLY reason he got a shot in the first place is they had nobody else. They literally had 1 single WR available that week. One, Greg Ward. That's how Fulgahm got his chance and to his credit, he's caught some balls in real games.

Sometimes guys show nothing until the lights come on. cut by 3 teams, Three, and only activated when there was literally not enough on on the roster available to play a 2 WR set. why aren't able to admit sometimes you just like to argue? apparently nobody saw any reason to activate this kid to an active roster and keep him there on 3 different teams, yet you've seen enough to place blame and hold it there. LOL

and just so you know how much the Eagles thought of him then, at least the fans, digest this for a minute

I don't care about the Eagles or Lions for that matter. It's pretty obvious the Packers had an NFL ready receiver on the roster in mid-August but decided he wasn't good enough to have an impact in the league. On top of it, at the position in dire need of an upgrade.

I don't understand how any fan can consider the move to release Fulgham as anything else as a mistake.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see your "NFL ready WR" and raise you a WR who was CUT AGAIN by and NFL team less than a month after GB cut him. LOL

We have different definitions of NFL ready.

D

Deleted member 6794

I see your "NFL ready WR" and raise you a WR who was CUT AGAIN by and NFL team less than a month after GB cut him. LOL

We have different definitions of NFL ready.

Fulgham has 435 receiving yards and four touchdowns in five games this season. Do you honestly want to argue that he wasn't NFL ready three months ago??? :rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That scenario played out last year with adams gone.
Isnt that when lazard come on?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There's no doubt he made a mistake in evaluating Fulgham though. It's difficult to understand why a lot of fans aren't able to admit that and move on without trying to come up with excuses for why that happened.
Where did I post anything that would lead you to believe I had inside information

Because a majority of the time you disagree with someone your demeaner is that your opinion is right.

No one knows what fulgram showed the packers in 9 days in a horrible preseaon.. Maybe there was study issues? Maybe couldnt understand basic plays?

Then philly cut him 2 times?

From what ive seen in this thread, everyone but you can understand why Gute cut him...but your sure it was a mistake because of hindsight

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL

Continuing Fulgham's journey, he was waived by the Lions in early August 2020. The Green Bay Packers claimed him on Aug. 10, only to release him nine days later. Seven of those nine days were spent in a hotel away from the team in following the league's COVID-19 protocols.

D

Deleted member 6794

Because a majority of the time you disagree with someone your demeaner is that your opinion is right.

No one knows what fulgram showed the packers in 9 days in a horrible preseaon.. Maybe there was study issues? Maybe couldnt understand basic plays?

Then philly cut him 2 times?

From what ive seen in this thread, everyone but you can understand why Gute cut him...but your sure it was a mistake because of hindsight

In retrospect it's pretty obvious it was a mistake to release Fulgham.

Gutekunst is being paid a boatload of money to make such decisions without having the benefit of using hindsight. He erred in that case.

Actually no big deal and I'm not suggesting he's a terrible general manager because of it but I'm quite sure he wishes to be able to rescind the decision at this point.

It's hard to understand that it seems like blasphemy criricizing anyone within the Packers front office around here though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In retrospect it's pretty obvious it was a mistake to release Fulgham.

Gutekunst is being paid a boatload of money to make such decisions without having the benefit of using hindsight. He erred in that case.

Actually no big deal and I'm not suggesting he's a terrible general manager because of it but I'm quite sure he wishes to be able to rescind the decision at this point.

It's hard to understand that it seems like blasphemy criricizing anyone within the Packers front office around here though.
Again...Hindsight..but yes now we could use him.

at the time he was in covid quarantine 7 out of 9 days...why keep a guy that you haven't seen?

We all understand why...you just cant get hindsight out of the equation

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So is this all a lead in to talk of Taysom Hill and Casey Hayward? And I am sure a lot more.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fulgham has 435 receiving yards and four touchdowns in five games this season. Do you honestly want to argue that he wasn't NFL ready three months ago??? :rolleyes:
I don't know, I watched 1 single philly game and he didn't look any different than many other WR's i've seen. I don't know what he looked like 3 months ago, never even knew he was on our team. I do know he was cut by 2 NFL teams who evaluated him to not be NFL ready about 3 months ago. Maybe he was lazy, maybe he didn't put in the work, maybe he needed a wake up call, maybe he's just putting together a small streak that never amounts to anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts