Ranking the Packer Improvements for 2024 season

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really…… it wasn’t the 30 years of Hall of Fame quarterback play that had you on the edge of greatness.

I'm not sure what Favre and Rodgers (and the teams that played behind them) have to do with our expectataions for the Packers in 24.

It's now this team…..right now……thats going to be what takes the pack to greatness.
Y’all better pray Caleb flops. It’s the only way we don’t win division.

We don't need to pray for anything, and we don't need anyone else to **** up. All we need is to play our absolute best, and we'll end up where we're supposed to be.

We're almost certainly the best team in the division going into 24. It'll come down to us vs the Lions for the banner, and they have the tougher schedule. They had a significantly easier schedule last season; we'll see how they do with a 12-5 schedule as opposed to a 9-8.

The Bears and the Vikings will fight it out for 3rd, and y'all have a very much easier schedule than they do. So you have that going for you. But your expectations for Williams are way out of line for a team that has never developed a truly Top 15 quarterback, despite taking a QB in the 1st round every 7 years since Jim Harbaugh in 1987 (the best QB they've developed in at least 50 years).

He doesn't need to "flop" i order to fail to lead you to the promised land - all he has to do is fall short of the expectations that he's going to be the next CJ Stroud, and there are good reasons that may happen. The guy struggles badly to read well-schemed defenses, and is easily rattled under pressure. That's a very bad combination of weaknesses for a rookie QB, because neither of those two things is going to get any easier in the NFL.

The kid's good, but he has shorcomings too, and I'm skeptical the Bears can coach him properly. But even if they can, the chance that he's going to win the division his rookie year are very, very slim.

Although.... hmmm... then again, they do have that generational punter....

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really…… it wasn’t the 30 years of Hall of Fame quarterback play that had you on the edge of greatness.
It's now this team…..right now……thats going to be what takes the pack to greatness.
I know my fellow Packer fans here won't like this, but I hope Caleb W is the real deal in Chicago. I also hope they give him a year rather than throwing him right in, if that's possible.

My concern if I was a Bears' fan is that the expectations for CW are too high, too soon. Let's face it, guys like Stroud who excel as rookie QBs are rare. Look at Lawrence. Three years in and he's a bit above average.

And I don't know about the Bears winning the division. They will certainly challenge if CW takes off. He is surrounded by a lot of impact players. Hopefully he is well coached. Both Rodgers and Love had the luxury of sitting behind HOF QBs for a few years. I'm convinced that's the model for introducing a QB to the NFL, but it is a luxury in the win-now culture of the NFL.

As for Eberflus and Poles, give em another year or two. Even the Lions started slow and developed to where they are now. Admittedly, we have become spoiled as Packer fans for the last 30 years, and hopefully 15 or 20 more.......

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know my fellow Packer fans here won't like this, but I hope Caleb W is the real deal in Chicago. I also hope they give him a year rather than throwing him right in, if that's possible.

My concern if I was a Bears' fan is that the expectations for CW are too high, too soon. Let's face it, guys like Stroud who excel as rookie QBs are rare. Look at Lawrence. Three years in and he's a bit above average.

And I don't know about the Bears winning the division. They will certainly challenge if CW takes off. He is surrounded by a lot of impact players. Hopefully he is well coached. Both Rodgers and Love had the luxury of sitting behind HOF QBs for a few years. I'm convinced that's the model for introducing a QB to the NFL, but it is a luxury in the win-now culture of the NFL.

As for Eberflus and Poles, give em another year or two. Even the Lions started slow and developed to where they are now. Admittedly, we have become spoiled as Packer fans for the last 30 years, and hopefully 15 or 20 more.......
Trust me after watching how y’all do it and sit guys for three years, I’m starting to think that may be the way to go, but we don’t have the luxury of time. The team is too good. He hast to start now.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust me after watching how y’all do it and sit guys for three years, I’m starting to think that may be the way to go, but we don’t have the luxury of time. The team is too good. He hast to start now.
Well it is a great model. The GM still has to be in a position to take a great talent and TT and Gluten did that. I lived in CA at the time and watched Rodgers at Cal. I was certain he wouldn't make it in the NFL. He always held the ball up high, next to his helmet, and Cal had a good amount of talent at that time. Another great example of my favorite saying "First thought wrong."

I felt even worse about Love and that looks like another first thought wrong. I couldn't be happier.

Gotta thank Bob Harlan for hiring Ron Wolf who traded for Favre. Favre had I think one year on the bench in Atlanta. We know how things turned out with that.

Anyway, it's one thing to be able to sit a guy for 2 or 3 years and another thing to sit them behind a HOF QB. Regardless, I think the Bears will have a competitive team and Williams will do just fine. And for the first time in as long as I can remember, the NFC North will be one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. Then again, I've mostly been wrong with my first thoughts on these matters .......

And FWIW I was hoping the 2006-2007 Bears team would have beat Manning in the SB that season. And who can forget that '85 team? No one who follows football can forget, especially that D. I think that's the best D I've ever seen, better than the Legion of Boom.

Reaction score
Fact check, 9 of 11. I don't consider Rhyan to have been the starter at RG last season and AJ33 ran off to obsolescence.
Good catch Poppa! Hope your Wife is doing better she is in my prayers as you all are including myself.

Let’s look at those 2 positions.
RB
We lost a very good player in #33. Good teammate also and that’s just tough. We all know that Roster building dictates that tough, cold but calculated decisions. Our decision was to look to the next 4-5 years, even if we sacrificed a little this year. Jacobs is one of just a handful of RB’s that has potential to outplay #33 and I don’t say that lightly. If he just plays somewhere in between 2022/2023 we’ve got a Bonafide 1,000+ Rusher. This isn’t diminishing #33 I love the guy I think he’s a great human too.

Then we added (Lloyd) RB late RD3 that has good potential to play at either good RB2 or even good RB1 levels. We also brought back experience. Dillon not dynamic, but he is very reliable and well rounded. I think he’s going to be fighting for a contract extension.

Emmanuel Wilson has been forgotten a little and understandable. He’s a good backup RB that I think can play a serviceable RB2 if necessary. He showcased with 46 yards from scrimmage against SF in 3.6 per touch against a very good Defense. As a RB you’d expect your 2nd year to be one you get more comfortable with the playbook also. Hes a good RB to stash in Practice squad

Last edited:
Reaction score
RG
I’m not sold on Rhyan yet. It’s taken him longer than normal to earn snaps.
I think he’s (at bottom) in that Royce to Runyon area level. However he still hasn’t displayed his ceiling. He also hadn’t lived up to 3rd round grade, but this might be his chance. I think he was competing against a presumed Starter in Runyon and couldn’t Win over him. So I see at most a small tick backwards and at best a small tick forward in 2024 at RG IF Rhyan starts.

I will offer that Runyon looked very average to a smidge below average for me. He’s maybe a sliver ahead of Newman, but not really a good starter imo. Yet we just brought in several more OL. I think by now we can trust Brian and his staff, they don’t miss much and they don’t miss badly. If he took Morgan at #25 overall they studied him intently all through college and the Senior Bowl. He’s a very safe pick with tremendous upside. Almost every scouting report I read (of maybe 5-6) said Jordan Morgan would be a total Stud if moved inside. Some length concerns, but once you eliminate that? He scores probably in that top couple of OG in this entire draft. The beauty is we don’t NEED Morgan to play RG. Hes just an option and likely if he played RG he’d be an instant upgrade. Several Scouts even say he’s an instant starter at Guard, several more hinted at he’d quickly be Elgton Jenkins 2.0. Not in those words but Probowl level athleticism doesn’t grow on trees.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So we ask.
IF we consider RB as a “Room”. Knowing we are playoff relevant for at least 2-3 years+. Would we pay more $$ for the 2023 group than the 2024 group? #33 had more than $17m in Cap hit and $12Mil due now. We literally got Jacobs, Lloyd and Dillon for at or less than Showtime, by himself. So that came down to value

Aside from $$$ I think 2023-2024 RB rooms are arguably very equal. It could be argued either way. Yet long term across 4 years + financially there’s zero question we’re better off with the 2024 RB room. Either way we’d have to make a decision on #33 again with min 1-2 seasons so it’s just staying ahead of the curve. Guys like Jacobs don’t come around every year and fall into our lap. It was bad timing for Jones more than anything

Last edited:
Reaction score
Simply having Jordan Love on our team has already drawn players to GB. THAT is a bi-product of having a Love that gets lost in the shuffle also. Caleb Williams isn’t at that place yet, great QB In college, but this isn’t college anymore. Gotta earn your stripes first

This Love kid is special. I think one of the most enjoyable parts of last season was listening to all Love’s critics. Then watching Love blossom.
The way he grew was like watching a beautiful flower blossom. I’ve always been his supporter, some for personal reasons. I’ve asked God to look out for him and boy has God delivered. I never would’ve thought it would play out like 2023. What a treat

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simply having Jordan Love on our team has already drawn players to GB. THAT is a bi-product of having a Love that gets lost in the shuffle also. Caleb Williams isn’t at that place yet, great QB In college, but this isn’t college anymore. Gotta earn your stripes first

This Love kid is special. I think one of the most enjoyable parts of last season was listening to all Love’s critics. Then watching Love blossom.
The way he grew was like watching a beautiful flower blossom. I’ve always been his supporter, some for personal reasons. I’ve asked God to look out for him and boy has God delivered. I never would’ve thought it would play out like 2023. What a treat
Which players did Love "draw" to GB? Certainly the team is expected to be very competitive and yeah that's a draw. But I don't think Love had anything to do with players selecting GB. That would be $$$.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your comments have been pretty measured up until now. But let's wait and see how Williams does in the big leagues. I'm not saying the Bears can't or won't win the division, but to say that now is a huge reach.

FWIW I don't expect he will flop. Trevor Lawrence hasn't flopped either but he's played three very average years, especially compared to his hype coming out of college.

And as for Williams, he better improve on that average 3.3 second release time, or he will be planted deep in the frozen tundra and Soldier Field, and a grease spot in Detroit on the astro turf.

Don't get me wrong Caleb, you're a good guy. But be careful with rookie QB forecasts before the season has started.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it is a great model. The GM still has to be in a position to take a great talent and TT and Gluten did that. I lived in CA at the time and watched Rodgers at Cal. I was certain he wouldn't make it in the NFL. He always held the ball up high, next to his helmet, and Cal had a good amount of talent at that time. Another great example of my favorite saying "First thought wrong."

I felt even worse about Love and that looks like another first thought wrong. I couldn't be happier.

Gotta thank Bob Harlan for hiring Ron Wolf who traded for Favre. Favre had I think one year on the bench in Atlanta. We know how things turned out with that.

Anyway, it's one thing to be able to sit a guy for 2 or 3 years and another thing to sit them behind a HOF QB. Regardless, I think the Bears will have a competitive team and Williams will do just fine. And for the first time in as long as I can remember, the NFC North will be one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. Then again, I've mostly been wrong with my first thoughts on these matters .......

And FWIW I was hoping the 2006-2007 Bears team would have beat Manning in the SB that season. And who can forget that '85 team? No one who follows football can forget, especially that D. I think that's the best D I've ever seen, better than the Legion of Boom.
The rain, Grossman’s woman sized hands, and M. Mohammed not giving 100% effort to tackle the DB after a pick in 3rd Q iirc.
But if we had to lose at least it was to Peyton Manning and considering Tony Dungee lost his son earlier in the year, he probably needed it more than anybody in the world at that point.

Reaction score
Which players did Love "draw" to GB? Certainly the team is expected to be very competitive and yeah that's a draw. But I don't think Love had anything to do with players selecting GB. That would be $$$.
Hey Joe hope your Sunday is filled with Rest. I’ve been following Gods request and just lying around like a bum all day. May you enter into his rest like I sure have, it’s wonderful.
Love you Packer Brother

Back to Footbsll. These were the first two I could think of. I think sometimes we witness something wonderful with our own eyes and our humanity is just quick to discount it. The Israelites were grumbling over not having meat just weeks after the Red Sea incident. Of course God brought them Quail and told Moshe “I will would send so many I want them to come out of their ears!” That always cracked me up I think God has a wonderful personality.
I know I see alot of Israelite in me today when I buy into my daily fears, but somehow someway God has always answered me and made me regret me doubting him. It’s personally why I love him so.
We have Quail on the Way in GB!
Soups on!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Joe hope your Sunday is filled with Rest. I’ve been following Gods request and just lying around like a bum all day. May you enter into his rest like I sure have, it’s wonderful.
Love you Packer Brother

Back to Footbsll. These were the first two I could think of. I think sometimes we witness something wonderful with our own eyes and our humanity is just quick to discount it. The Israelites were grumbling over not having meat just weeks after the Red Sea incident. Of course God brought them Quail and told Moshe “I will would send so many I want them to come out of their ears!” That always cracked me up I think God has a wonderful personality.
I know I see alot of Israelite in me today when I buy into my daily fears, but somehow someway God has always answered me and made me regret me doubting him. It’s personally why I love him so.
We have Quail on the Way in GB!
Soups on!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Thanks for the response OS, I finally got to your point and did remember the Josh Jacobs' remarks. Maybe Love had some impact on Jacob's decision to come here, it certainly helped. It wasn't the only reason though. And you indicated there were players who came here because of Love. Jacobs is one guy and Love was an influence.

As a courtesy, can you please keep your remarks secular, or at least not so overtly religious? I'd really appreciate it. We all don't believe the same, and some of us don't believe in a *od at all. I know your heart is in the right place and I thank you for that, but I had to read through a lot of your religious leanings before you answered my question. It actually made it much more difficult to find your answer.

I have no doubt there is something bigger than me out there. Like a lot of people though, I don't care to have it thrown at me, especially on a sports forum. And for those who practice the sabbath on a Friday or Saturday, for example, your comment is actually exclusive of them. I don't recall any Muslims or **** on here wishing rest with a capital R on their sabbath days, Friday and Saturday, respectfully. So please tone that down. And that's just a request.

You're a good person, and that's all that matters to me. If it comes from your god, fine. I just don't need to know the source of a person's kindness. Kindness and courtesy speak for themselves.

Update: I see my reference to what a Jewish person is commonly called was starred out. When did that become an offensive word? I'm not Jewish, but if I was, that would be offensive. Another example of why religion has no place on a public forum.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rain, Grossman’s woman sized hands, and M. Mohammed not giving 100% effort to tackle the DB after a pick in 3rd Q iirc.
But if we had to lose at least it was to Peyton Manning and considering Tony Dungee lost his son earlier in the year, he probably needed it more than anybody in the world at that point.
Where did they play that game? Must have been Miami if there was rain. I remember watching it, actually cheering for Da Bearz, and it was competitive and then just really slipped away from the Bears.

It is kind of you to think of Coach Dungee and his personal loss in that moment. I'd like to say I'd be big enough to do the same. Either way, you are a great example of the kindness I mentioned in an earlier post.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't recall any Muslims or **** on here wishing rest with a capital R on their sabbath days, Friday and Saturday, respectfully.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster wishes everyone rest on all days.

I think on a different thread this summer, I referenced that the religion we all adhere to is following the Packers. I'm pretty much with you, politics and religion belong in the Off-Topic area. I suppose it could even go into the "What Are You Listening To" thread..... :roflmao:

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think on a different thread this summer, I referenced that the religion we all adhere to is following the Packers. I'm pretty much with you, politics and religion belong in the Off-Topic area. I suppose it could even go into the "What Are You Listening To" thread..... :roflmao:
Weird. Although a Christian, I'm not offended by any religious content. But as a Packer fan, all this talk about Bears players in this and the WR ranking thread has got me on the edge!

Hey! training camp starts today! At a Last!!!

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weird. Although a Christian, I'm not offended by any religious content. But as a Packer fan, all this talk about Bears players in this and the WR ranking thread has got me on the edge!

Well pardon the pun, but amen to the start of TC. Now we have something to chat about. Like Love's holdout! Glute went all passive/aggressive and basically said they can't pay Love what he wants and build a competitive team. Reminds me of a recent and unpleasant chat about monopoly power and greed. Well, this is a pretty good example.

All I have to add is that he should be paid more than Goff and Lawrence were paid. That would put him around $55 mil/year. Of course that number means nothing. It's the signing bonus and guaranteed money that are likely holding things up. Just get it done guys.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks EG. I don't mind references to a higher power. It's when such dialogue is the focus of a post and in my face that I balk. It really doesn't happen much.

In Vince we trust. (I think I just violated several commandments.....). But c'mon. We all worship G&G.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did they play that game? Must have been Miami if there was rain. I remember watching it, actually cheering for Da Bearz, and it was competitive and then just really slipped away from the Bears.

It is kind of you to think of Coach Dungee and his personal loss in that moment. I'd like to say I'd be big enough to do the same. Either way, you are a great example of the kindness I mentioned in an earlier post.
Thanks bubby. Football is important to me and that loss (yes it was Miami) hurt really bad but can’t even be quantified with the loss of a child.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey Amish I’m just trying to spark dialogue. Gloves come off in 6 weeks!!!!

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well pardon the pun, but amen to the start of TC. Now we have something to chat about. Like Love's holdout! Glute went all passive/aggressive and basically said they can't pay Love what he wants and build a competitive team. Reminds me of a recent and unpleasant chat about monopoly power and greed. Well, this is a pretty good example.

All I have to add is that he should be paid more than Goff and Lawrence were paid. That would put him around $55 mil/year. Of course that number means nothing. It's the signing bonus and guaranteed money that are likely holding things up. Just get it done guys.
Cmon. I hate detoilet as much as anybody but Goff has a Super Bowl and NFC champ on his resume. To say Love should make more than him right now is ridiculous.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon. I hate detoilet as much as anybody but Goff has a Super Bowl and NFC champ on his resume. To say Love should make more than him right now is ridiculous.
Neither of you are wrong. No quarterback with only 1 season of play and half of it as a top QB should get paid like they are elite. However, it's all about the current market in a QB-driven league. If we don't pay him crazy money now then some other desperate team likely will. The Packers have to take a well-calculated gamble and hope that they are correct.

Members online

No members online now.