Winter warning

What do you think of the new winter warning uniforms?

• Love the uniform and helmet

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Love the uniform the helmet not so much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Love the helmet the uniform not so much

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Don't like for either one

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I can take or leave the whole thing

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for this yet. If I missed it please send me a link.

So what's the verdict on the new winter warning uniforms? I'm not a fan of all white uniforms in general but I really like the helmet. I hope I get to see one up close to get a real good look at the gold flakes. All the shots I see I can't make them out.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I can take or leave it. Do NOT care ... and won't buy anyway. Great for autograph seekers?

Well ... my link above explains a lot. NFL is having a "Going Out For Business Sale". I thought it unacceptable to wear white after Labor Day?? No??

How do you think this ensemble would play out in the '85 Snow Bowl?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought the league only allowed one helmet which is why previous alternate jerseys had to go with the yellow one?

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate it. It's even worse than that hideous, dull blue and grey poupon mustard throwback combination that they wore in Detroit a few years back.

The only reason they pull this crap is because they know that there are tens of thousands of fans out here who will gladly spend a few hundred dollars for "historic, throwback" memorabilia in order to pay tribute to long-ago Packer players and teams.

It's just another money-grabbing gimmick the league has cooked up to pick the pockets of the fans for a few more seat-cushion pennies and nickles every year. The green n' gold is as critically essential to the very identity as

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I thought the league only allowed one helmet which is why previous alternate jerseys had to go with the yellow one?
Not sure where I heard/read this but, I remember hearing of the change in the rule and thinking that it wouldn't be long before the crystal helmet on sale at the Packers Pro Shop for 5 years or so would be field legal.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure where I heard/read this but, I remember hearing of the change in the rule and thinking that it wouldn't be long before the crystal helmet on sale at the Packers Pro Shop for 5 years or so would be field legal.
Could be coming. At the Shareholders mtg, MM stated the marshmallow caps the players are mandated to wear at practice could also be worn during games if the player wishes.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a novel idea. Reduce ticket prices for fans and stop spending so much money on all the different uniforms and helmets, stick to same helmet and pants and just 1 home and 1 road jersey!
I'm sure the idea is the Packers make money off of selling the alternate helmets and jerseys. I got an email from them the other day saying everybody in the stadium should wear white on Oct. 20 against the Texans. I'm sure they'll make a mint on selling white jackets and other merchandise for people to wear.

Anyway, I mostly agree with your post, with the caveat that I like the alternate throwback all green uniforms they've worn the last few years.

If they keep this up, we may see Ron Wolf's green and "Notre Dame" gold uniforms yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm sure the idea is the Packers make money off of selling the alternate helmets and jerseys. I got an email from them the other day saying everybody in the stadium should wear white on Oct. 20 against the Texans. I'm sure they'll make a mint on selling white jackets and other merchandise for people to wear.

Anyway, I mostly agree with your post, with the caveat that I like the alternate throwback all green uniforms they've worn the last few years.

If they keep this up, we may see Ron Wolf's green and "Notre Dame" gold uniforms yet.
No doubt they make some money selling alt merchandise. My post was mainly tongue-in-cheek. Of course, I also didn't even touch on all the wasted resources that go into all the "costume" changes. ;)

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can take or leave it. Do NOT care ... and won't buy anyway. Great for autograph seekers?

Well ... my link above explains a lot. NFL is having a "Going Out For Business Sale". I thought it unacceptable to wear white after Labor Day?? No??

How do you think this ensemble would play out in the '85 Snow Bowl?

That is old school NFC Central Football weather!!!!!
Watching Tampa walk out in that is hilarious.
I sincerely hope Da Bears are not planning on a dome for the “new” Stadium. I understand the draw and revenue possibilities but Da Bears vs. the Packers should be outside….always.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That is old school NFC Central Football weather!!!!!
Watching Tampa walk out in that is hilarious.
I sincerely hope Da Bears are not planning on a dome for the “new” Stadium. I understand the draw and revenue possibilities but Da Bears vs. the Packers should be outside….always.
Some of my favorite memories are of sitting in Lambeau in the dead of winter - kind of funny that I never made it up to Green Bay for that game. I did make it to Neenah before finding a ditch. As an old man, I'd like to kick my young man's a** for even trying to get to Green Bay that day -- but, I'm with you 100% ... Bears/Packers = Legacy football ... I don't think this generation of players even care.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of my favorite memories are of sitting in Lambeau in the dead of winter - kind of funny that I never made it up to Green Bay for that game. I did make it to Neenah before finding a ditch. As an old man, I'd like to kick my young man's a** for even trying to get to Green Bay that day -- but, I'm with you 100% ... Bears/Packers = Legacy football ... I don't think this generation of players even care.
If you even attempted to get to that game in that weather, you sir are a true fan and a mad lad savage all the way!!!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for this yet. If I missed it please send me a link.

So what's the verdict on the new winter warning uniforms? I'm not a fan of all white uniforms in general but I really like the helmet. I hope I get to see one up close to get a real good look at the gold flakes. All the shots I see I can't make them out.

I'm sure it will generate more revenue in merchandise sales, which, of course, is the point.

As for the helmet itself - It's fine. A clean look while maintaining the iconic image.

I still like the throwback unis employed last season; I hope they don't abandon those:

These, on the other hand, they can burn:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If you even attempted to get to that game in that weather, you sir are a true fan and a mad lad savage all the way!!!
What's 60 miles in a blinding snowstorm? Santa does it every year... of course HE has a red nosed reindeer right?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sheldon's 73 T shirt from the big bang theory reminded me of those. When I first saw it I wondered why he was wearing a Packers T shirt.

I'm a huge Big Bang Theory fan. Thought I would hate the show, binge watched it a few years ago and absolutely loved it.

The 73 on Sheldon's shirt is a reference is from Season 4, Episode 10 (The Alien Parasite Hypothesis), when Sheldon says “The best number is 73…. 73 is the twenty-first prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the twelfth and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying (hang on to your hats) 7 and 3…. In binary, 73 is a palindrome: 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, which backwards is 1-0-0-1-0-0-1.”

Jim Parsons (Sheldon)was born in the year 1973. “The Alien Parasite Hypothesis” is the 73rd episode of The Big Bang Theory.

OP
OP
S

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's 60 miles in a blinding snowstorm? Santa does it every year... of course HE has a red nosed reindeer right?
At least you had a good reason. You were going to a Packer game. My cousin and I once drove from Chippewa Falls to Milwaukee looking at the white line out of my drivers side window most of the way because I couldn't see beyond my hood. Why? to get to a breweriana show in Milwaukee. I'm sure it wasn't all 300 miles that way but that's all I can remember. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever done without alcohol being a contributing factor. Although if it wasn't for the Breweriana show we wouldn't have gone so I guess it was a factor after all.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why they have telephone poles on the side of the road - so we know where the road probably is on our way to the Packer game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
... drove from Chippewa Falls to Milwaukee looking at the white line out of my drivers side window most of the way because I couldn't see beyond my hood.
I'd like to meet the guy who decided white lines were a good idea in states where highways can be snow covered and slippery 5 months out of the year.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I once drove from Lexington KY to Dayton OH, in either 99’ or 00’ in a blizzard!!!!
Driving my Pops 2-Door 90’ Chevy Blazer!! We looked at the weather report and He handed me his keys and said “you’re gonna need 4-wheel drive”.

Made it in just under 7 hrs. My best friend had lived abroad for 2 years and was home for Christmas for about a week. It was make the drive in a storm that’s gonna drop a foot of snow or miss my buddy.

It’s one of those memories that is so vivid 25 years later bc I was young, stupid, inexperienced and just couldn’t be talked out of anything if I’d made my mind up.
I remember passing Jack-knifed trucks, seeing people in drifts that if I’d tried to stop I would’ve been stuck too. I was able to help one couple get unstuck near 725.

I’ll never forget that snow coming down and being alone on 75 and it looking like a fresh mountain of powder before you ski it. Thanks for the reminders. I gotta call a buddy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts