Winter warning

What do you think of the new winter warning uniforms?

• Love the uniform and helmet

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Love the uniform the helmet not so much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Love the helmet the uniform not so much

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Don't like for either one

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I can take or leave the whole thing

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is old school NFC Central Football weather!!!!!
Watching Tampa walk out in that is hilarious.
I sincerely hope Da Bears are not planning on a dome for the “new” Stadium. I understand the draw and revenue possibilities but Da Bears vs. the Packers should be outside….always.
Are the Bears still looking at the Arlington Race Track site for a new stadium? I love that site for a new stadium. I know it technically takes them out of Chicago proper, but it's not as ridiculous as the 49ers way south of SF in Santa Clara.

Just curious. I'd love to go to a game if they build there. I agree Packers/Bears should be outside, but I'm pretty sure if and when the Bears build a new stadium, it will be a dome.......

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Baylor Bears:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A good look, I think.
I don't think the Packers have toyed with an all green uniform, including helmet.

Unlike most of the posters here I really like the all-white look, including the new helmet. I also agree that these "changes" are designed to sell outrageously-priced and NFL-endorsed merchandise. As such, they're gimmicks. Now this is a very good example of greed by the NFL. Create a uniform for one game, and sell tons of new merchandise from it. Although they've played in white uniforms before, so not sure what the white helmet adds to the NFL coffers. As if they need the money anyway.

Like it or not, it's only for one game and it's a gimmick.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers have toyed with an all green uniform, including helmet.

Unlike most of the posters here I really like the all-white look, including the new helmet. I also agree that these "changes" are designed to sell outrageously-priced and NFL-endorsed merchandise. As such, they're gimmicks. Now this is a very good example of greed by the NFL. Create a uniform for one game, and sell tons of new merchandise from it. Although they've played in white uniforms before, so not sure what the white helmet adds to the NFL coffers. As if they need the money anyway.

Like it or not, it's only for one game and it's a gimmick.

Of course. And fans will spend money on it.

And as long as they do, the NFL will do this. They'd be foolish not to.

The free market.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course. And fans will spend money on it.

And as long as they do, the NFL will do this. They'd be foolish not to.

The free market.
You're right of course. We are all motivated by $$$ - to different degrees and for different purposes. And hey, as long as people buy the stuff, the NFL will keep making it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
todays helmets are banana yellow..pants 2. I say darken them a shade.
I say, be smart and a bit sneaky. Make them the color of the field, even put some white lines, hashes and numbers on them. Love will know where his receivers are, but man, that opposing QB will have no clue where our defense is!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not too mention if snow covered, the color is pointless.....
When do they play a game in these all white uniforms/helmets? Yeah I mean the players would be invisible in a snowstorm. I guess that has advantages and disadvantages.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The white helmet I saw looked like the Jets. Can't they at least be original and make it look more uniquely Packers? But anyway, I just like our normal uniforms. Love to see them when I turn on the TV. Can't understand why so many uniforms end up looking like other teams.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The white helmet I saw looked like the Jets. Can't they at least be original and make it look more uniquely Packers? But anyway, I just like our normal uniforms. Love to see them when I turn on the TV. Can't understand why so many uniforms end up looking like other teams.
All I have to add is the white uniform and helmets are better than those navy blue, light brown uniforms - easily the ugliest throwback uniforms I've seen. Hard to believe they ever played in those things.

OP
OP
S

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When do they play a game in these all white uniforms/helmets? Yeah I mean the players would be invisible in a snowstorm. I guess that has advantages and disadvantages.
week 7 against the Titans I believe.

There are really only so many options unless you want to get completely outrageous like those AI generated ones that have been showing up in my NEWS feeds.

All I have to add is the white uniform and helmets are better than those navy blue, light brown uniforms - easily the ugliest throwback uniforms I've seen. Hard to believe they ever played in those things.

That brown helmet was a turd for sure.

I seem to remember seeing an article or something that a football team once wore a jersey with a brown football patch sewn on the front. When a player held their arms out like a RB taking a handoff it looked real deceptive. I have no idea where this came from and for some reason I can vaguely recollect I saw it in a Ripley's believe it or not book which means it had to be true right. Because wasn't Ripleys like the internet? They couldn't print it if it was not true.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Undecided. One day, I think White's a classic. Other days, it just feels boring and unimaginative in design.

Meh!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Undecided. One day, I think White's a classic. Other days, it just feels boring and unimaginative in design.

Meh!
I like the white uniforms and the white helmets are cool - for one game. That said, these white uniforms would look best if worn in September or October at Lambeau, before the snow flies. Imagine a decent snowstorm played in these uniforms. The players would be invisible, even to each other.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not fond of them, really. A little dull. If you want an alternate uniforms, it seems like there would be a lot of more interesting ideas.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not fond of them, really. A little dull. If you want an alternate uniforms, it seems like there would be a lot of more interesting ideas.
I'd rather see them go with bright yellow! Basically neon yellow. Kind of like the Oregon Ducks.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they played the Seahawks, everyone might need sunglasses.

Wow now those are ugly. They remind me of pajamas for a 2 year-old.

I do like the all-white look, but it isn't very imaginative. Certainly they could do something with yellow or the dark shade of green they wear.

OP
OP
S

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its better than the team who wore these.

Members online

Latest posts