Winter warning

What do you think of the new winter warning uniforms?

• Love the uniform and helmet

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Love the uniform the helmet not so much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Love the helmet the uniform not so much

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Don't like for either one

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I can take or leave the whole thing

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
OP
OP
S

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The steel troughs are at Soldier Field (embarrassed that I know this), not Lambeau unless things have regressed in last 4 years.
Did they used to have them? Before the renovation probably. I vaguely recall using them and can't for the life of me think of where else it could have been.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't the bay still partially/modtly ice covered, still, in late April?
Two words: ice breaker. Port of Green Bay is typically active already in March
"The Port of Green Bay has opened its waters for the official 2023 shipping season, with the first shipment of cargo having arrived on the morning of March 15."
I'm getting flashbacks to the Titanic.
Conspiracy report. A majority of the bankers and financiers that opposed the creation of the US federal reserve were returning from a conference and died with Titanic.
Many years ago, it was common for Lake Michigan to completely freeze.
"Dear Tom,
How often does Lake Michigan completely freeze over in the winter?

Shirley Melvis, Waukegan
Dear Shirley,
In records dating from the middle 1800s, Lake Michigan has never completely frozen over, even in the harshest winters. It has been as much as 90 percent or more ice-covered (in 1903-04, 1976-77, 1978-79, 1998-99 and 2013-14), but the lake is an impressively huge reservoir of heat that is released only slowly into the atmosphere. In addition, constant wind and wave action further inhibits the formation of ice. In an average winter a little less than half the lake freezes over. The lake extends more than 300 miles north to south, and most of the open water is in the south part of the lake where the chill is less severe. Lake Erie, the shallowest of the Great lakes, is the only one that freezes completely over with any regularity in severely cold winters."
https://wgntv.com/weather/weather-b...an-ever-completely-frozen-over-in-the-winter/

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Did they used to have them? Before the renovation probably. I vaguely recall using them and can't for the life of me think of where else it could have been.
The Field House in Madison had the troughs.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I remember troughs at Lambeau in the early 60s. This would have been after the 63 renovation, but could have been before the 65 upgrades.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts