Studs & Duds - Los Angeles

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I thought he was going to miss. He looked scared and he was walking around nervously. That much self negativity going through his head is very tough to overcome. But he did!

I, for one, am proud of him. Hope the two misses in a game early in his career is an obscure and unbelievable trivia question in twenty years when he sets some Packer kicking records.
Yup and like I said, I think he knew that Sunday could possibly end his NFL career, that 46 yarder was just dripping with pressure. I mean if the Packers cut him, who's going to pick him up?

If nothing else, maybe Sunday at Lambeau, can be his coming out party and he has another perfect day.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I thought about putting Narverson in the Studs this week, because all 4 kicks were pretty much dead center.... however, I'm trying to limit myself to 3 per week, and IMO, McKinney, E Williams and Kraft were definitely more "Studly" than Narv Dog was. He can have an Honorable Mention.

Reaction score
it seemed like most were content to just kick it into or out of the EZ and give the other team the ball at the 35.
I thought it was the 30 yard line if you hit that landing zone which consists of the paint.
Or do you mean where they Start kicking from? I know that’s the 35

Last edited:
OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This play has been overanalyzed by far too many. Watching the All22 makes it even more impressive for Williams (the DB in coverage)...and only made possible by the underthrow by Love - which was made with one of our own essentially setting in Love's lap with the center of the pocket pushed massively on the play. Love back foot lobbed this ball and had it been just another yard or two Wicks isn't trying to high point this ball but catch it over the shoulder and likely is a touchdown....

Williams however was able to make up MASSIVE ground and when he jumps in the mere milliseconds before the ball arrives he pushes Wick's left wrist/hand completely off of alignment...vastly too late for Wicks to adjust and even try a proper one handed (right hand) catch.

Wick's has had a lot of drops this year - personally if I'm grading this play specifically I might still credit it as a drop but I don't know anyone in his body positioning and that late losing a hand makes that catch...sometimes the defender just makes a play.
This is so true and completely forgotten by some here each and every week. Our opponents every week are paid professional football players as well and our team is never going to win all 130 odd plays in a game. We won enough of them this week to come back from a road game with a W and I will consider that good fortune for us.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was going to miss. He looked scared and he was walking around nervously. That much self negativity going through his head is very tough to overcome. But he did!

I, for one, am proud of him. Hope the two misses in a game early in his career is an obscure and unbelievable trivia question in twenty years when he sets some Packer kicking records.
Narveson seems OK from the right hashmark or down the middle. His problem is from the left hashmark as his kicks tend to drift right. I need to see him hit one on the left before I'm convinced he's worked it out.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Narveson seems OK from the right hashmark or down the middle. His problem is from the left hashmark as his kicks tend to drift right. I need to see him hit one on the left before I'm convinced he's worked it out.
True. This is where his kicks fade right.