Studs & Duds - Indianapolis

Reaction score
Rewatching the game, I kind of forgot about those drops. The Colts had a couple key drops that cost them first downs and forced them to punt. And I agree, that's not happening every game. On top of it, they were not drops forced by the defense. They were wide open flubs by the WRs.
That is true they did. It’s only fair to factor in ours when speaking to drops though. Jacobs 1 drop alone puts GB up 17-0 at the beginning of Qtr2. So we can mention some drops by our opponent that’s fine, but no drop impacted the game more than ours at the 1 yard line. Thats dropping 7 points to our opponent. Thats a gift. That’s not happening every game either. The Packers dropped 10 points and very easily could’ve been 26 points scored. Give them their 2 drops, but then give us our 10 points back

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
That is true they did. It’s only fair to factor in ours when speaking to drops though. Jacobs 1 drop alone puts GB up 17-0 at the beginning of Qtr2. So we can mention some drops by our opponent that’s fine, but no drop impacted the game more than ours at the 1 yard line. Thats dropping 7 points to our opponent. Thats a gift. That’s not happening every game either. The Packers dropped 10 points and very easily could’ve been 26 points scored. Give them their 2 drops, but then give us our 10 points back
That's a fair point, but I think it goes back to controlling the things that you can control. The point is, we cannot let WRs get wide open on 3rd down and expect to get buy with other teams mistakes. Shore up that defense to make sure the play is at least contended.

Reaction score
That's a fair point, but I think it goes back to controlling the things that you can control. The point is, we cannot let WRs get wide open on 3rd down and expect to get buy with other teams mistakes. Shore up that defense to make sure the play is at least contended.
Absolutely we need to work on problem areas. The point I was supplying is more that those problem areas are more magnified in a close Win or Loss. Josh holding onto the ball is critical, but especially on a 1st n Goal from that close to Points. If Josh fixes that and we Win that game 24-10 we probably wouldn’t be as focused on a couple of potential catches that might amount to a FG. If Narveson makes that FG? It could’ve easily been 26-10 and you and I wouldn’t likely be picking this game apart. I do it also I’m not pointing fingers.

Members online

Latest posts