Studs & Duds - Los Angeles

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Facts are what they are - folks expected MVS to deliver a catch percentage higher than nearly any receiver with his average depth of target has historically.

I think it is very fair to be a fan of GB not paying MVS at all and him going elsewhere, but its simply not true to blast the guy as many do at times specifically on catch percentage or drops given his role and the historical facts surrounding players like him.
All good points about MVS. I don't remember much about his time here, but it seemed (and your stats show) that he ran a lot of deep routes. He was not a route technician, and I don't think that was his role anyway. He wanted $10 mil/year I think and the Packers said no and the Chiefs said yes. But I'd be surprised if his catch rate is much beyond 55-60%, tops.

Wicks' drops are a much bigger concern as you note. The guy knows how to get open. Hopefully his drop rate is a fixable problem. I think it is. And hopefully Doubs, who seems to catch everything, will be back this week.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I just say that Wicks is absolutely the next Davante, down to forgetting how to catch the ball in year 2....so I'm expecting great things next year!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I just say that Wicks is absolutely the next Davante, down to forgetting how to catch the ball in year 2....so I'm expecting great things next year!
Safe to say we are all in on that sentiment Sunshine! Wicks is actually ahead of Adams at that point in his career in route running. Wicks is a master at getting open. His drops will get fixed, and soon I think. He's so open I think he gets anxious for the ball to arrive and starts looking around. It happens in a split second.

They'll coach him up on securing the ball first, not just to avoid drops but also to prevent fumbles after the catch. Wicks is gonna be fine.

Members online

No members online now.