2024 Roster Status/Tracker

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A VERY athletic rookie just signed with Green Bay....little odd signing given the nature and health of our WR room but he is EVERYTHING a Gute type wideout is:

Cornelius Johnson - Michigan
6026 Height
212 Weight
4.45u Forty Yard Dash
37.5 inch vert
1007 broad
9.90u RAS
31.875 arms
8.625 hands

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Not a MASSIVE numbers guy in production but whenever you are a consistent presence at Michigan you pay attention to a guy like this. I had a 6th round grade on him personally and he ended up going in the 7th round (7.253) by the Chargers.

A bigger bodies possession guy that has some juice in his lower half and average to above average route running skills for a rookie prospect. He is a tenacious blocker, which is normal coming out of Michigan as well.

His best ceiling type comp I had written down was Donovan Peoples-Jones....the similarities in them is massive from exact same body measurables essentially, DPJ was a 9.63 RAS guy but did have bigger hands. Johnson out produced DPJ a LOT while in college...but I'd say DPJ was a better prospect coming out when he did vs Johnson.

This could be a big statement but I see more untapped potential in Johnson than I do in Malik Heath - and EVERYONE knows I firmly believe Heath is our 5th best WR on the team over Melton and Dubose. That doesn't mean I think Johnson is right at the moment, but I'm baffled this young man wasn't on a PS minimum for someone....unless he absolutely is just overwhelmed with the task of being in the NFL and the speed - I see a VERY good depth WR prospect with solid abilities.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A VERY athletic rookie just signed with Green Bay....little odd signing given the nature and health of our WR room but he is EVERYTHING a Gute type wideout is:

6026 Height
212 Weight
4.45u Forty Yard Dash
37.5 inch vert
1007 broad
9.90u RAS
31.875 arms
8.625 hands

Not a MASSIVE numbers guy in production but whenever you are a consistent presence at Michigan you pay attention to a guy like this. I had a 6th round grade on him personally and he ended up going in the 7th round (7.253) by the Chargers.

A bigger bodies possession guy that has some juice in his lower half and average to above average route running skills for a rookie prospect. He is a tenacious blocker, which is normal coming out of Michigan as well.

His best ceiling type comp I had written down was Donovan Peoples-Jones....the similarities in them is massive from exact same body measurables essentially, DPJ was a 9.63 RAS guy but did have bigger hands. Johnson out produced DPJ a LOT while in college...but I'd say DPJ was a better prospect coming out when he did vs Johnson.

This could be a big statement but I see more untapped potential in Johnson than I do in Malik Heath - and EVERYONE knows I firmly believe Heath is our 5th best WR on the team over Melton and Dubose. That doesn't mean I think Johnson is right at the moment, but I'm baffled this young man wasn't on a PS minimum for someone....unless he absolutely is just overwhelmed with the task of being in the NFL and the speed - I see a VERY good depth WR prospect with solid abilities.

Maybe makes up for losing Grant DeBose to the Dolphins during cutdowns? I see that GD played last Thursday for the Phins and had 1 catch on 3 targets.

I really like this Packers young receiving group and Reed is turning out to be a real stud. Just need to get Watson more active in games.

Even better, the entire group of 6 on the active roster, is costing the Packers $8.131M (against the cap). Throw in the 4 TE's @$4.664M and you have just an unbelievable bargain receiving room.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could Melton be on his way to the Rams? Thus this signing. Just thinking out loud.

Not going to lie @Schultz with the organization liking Julian Hicks on our PS from my intel, the signing immediately made me wonder if Heath or Melton is on their way out for a deal Gutey had to say yes to...

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to lie @Schultz with the organization liking Julian Hicks on our PS from my intel, the signing immediately made me wonder if Heath or Melton is on their way out for a deal Gutey had to say yes to...
Would hate for Melton or Heath to have a decent game against us, though, in week 5. Could Gute extract a 6th (highest of their 3) rounder in '25 for either?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Could Melton be on his way to the Rams? Thus this signing. Just thinking out loud.

The last thing I want to see Gute do is improve a team like the Rams, by trading away our own depth for what....a 6th or 7th rounder? We are only 2 games into the season and the top 3 Packer WR's have already had to deal with injuries and I doubt that comes to a screeching halt anytime soon.

I remember seasons where we were down to the bottom of the depth chart, as well as PS players at WR. So IMO, unless Gute thinks we won't be contending come playoff time, absolutely please don't trade Melton away for a late round pick, especially to an NFC team.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last thing I want to see Gute do is improve a team like the Rams, by trading away our own depth for what....a 6th or 7th rounder? We are only 2 games into the season and the top 3 Packer WR's have already had to deal with injuries and I doubt that comes to a screeching halt anytime soon.

I remember seasons where we were down to the bottom of the depth chart, as well as PS players at WR. So IMO, unless Gute thinks we won't be contending come playoff time, absolutely please don't trade Melton away for a late round pick, especially to an NFC team.

I get that as much as I also understand someone say - "The last thing I want to see is Gute not make a move that strengthens the teams future in his opinion."

Every trade is a double edge sword and honestly both ways could cut, one way could cut or neither...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get that as much as I also understand someone say - "The last thing I want to see is Gute not make a move that strengthens the teams future in his opinion."

Every trade is a double edge sword and honestly both ways could cut, one way could cut or neither...
If they are going to trade a guy like Melton away, I would rather see it be a player swap, a player that would help the Packers right now for depth and special teams. I'm just not a fan of helping out NFC teams, 2 games into the season and only get a late round future pick in the process.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

6026 Height
212 Weight
4.45u Forty Yard Dash
37.5 inch vert
1007 broad
9.90u RAS
31.875 arms
8.625 hands

They promoted RB Chris Brooks to the 53, sounds like he is really impressing the coaches. With as banged up as they are at RB, wouldn't shock me if we see quite a bit of him on Sunday.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They promoted RB Chris Brooks to the 53, sounds like he is really impressing the coaches. With as banged up as they are at RB, wouldn't shock me if we see quite a bit of him on Sunday.
Yeah that was announced yesterday I believe. He’s a big chunk runner when he was in college

Members online