2024 Roster Status/Tracker

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually don't know what the roster number is right now. I just saw in an article that they had 1 spot open. My quick math told me that means 89 currently on the roster, but you may be right, could be 90 currently with Odumegwu.
I saw a list recently and it had several teams with 91 players so I assumed those were the ones with the IPP exemption. I didn't see where the Packers were at. So wherever they are they have 1.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually don't know what the roster number is right now. I just saw in an article that they had 1 spot open. My quick math told me that means 89 currently on the roster, but you may be right, could be 90 currently with Odumegwu.
"The NFL has specific regulations for players that sign through the IPP. The teams to which each IPP player is assigned are allowed 91 players on their off-season rosters, one more than those teams that are not participating in the IPP that year. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Player_Pathway_Program

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that the Packers already have 3 kickers on the current roster and brought in Bates, leads me to believe that none of those 3 are hitting it out of the park.
At the same time, it's not hard to understand why Gutekunst would want to have a look at a leg that banged a 64-yard gamewinner and then a 62 in back to back games. 4 yards and 6 yards longer than our century-old team's franchise record.

It would almost be a no-brainer for any team with less-than-elite kicking to not fly him across the lake and at least sneak a peek, and for a team with a bona-fide kicking problem (like for instance, Green Bay), it'd constitute borderline negligence.

But then again - later in the day, Green Bay cut Joseph and immediately signed the Lion's backup kicker who had been displaced an hour earlier by Detroit bringing in Bates. So... yeah.... this does not sound like a team that is confident they already have their 2024 kicker on the team.

I feel sorry for Carlson. He clearly knows his team is going to a lot of trouble trying to find someone to replace him, and that has to be getting inside his head every time he sets up to kick the ball.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At the same time, it's not hard to understand why Gutekunst would want to have a look at a leg that banged a 64-yard gamewinner and then a 62 in back to back games. 4 yards and 6 yards longer than our century-old team's franchise record.

It would almost be a no-brainer for any team with less-than-elite kicking to not fly him across the lake and at least sneak a peek, and for a team with a bona-fide kicking problem (like for instance, Green Bay), it'd constitute borderline negligence.

But then again - later in the day, Green Bay cut Joseph and immediately signed the Lion's backup kicker who had been displaced an hour earlier by Detroit bringing in Bates. So... yeah.... this does not sound like a team that is confident they already have their 2024 kicker on the team.

I feel sorry for Carlson. He clearly knows his team is going to a lot of trouble trying to find someone to replace him, and that has to be getting inside his head every time he sets up to kick the ball.

Definitely a head scratcher right now in GB in regards to kicking duties. I guess the positive is that Gute isn't standing pat and appears to be willing to rotate competition in and out. Something he didn't do last season when he just automatically handed the job to Carlson after drafting him in the 6th round. If nothing else, maybe the pressure of keeping his job will help season Anders faster and make him a better kicker.

Reaction score
It might just be to have a few options in the tank IF Carlson doesn’t improve on 2023

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Deslin Alexandre - signed reserve/futures 1/16/24

Saw a write up on this guy today (article below) and then watched some film. This guy could be hidden gem and a nice surprise. RAS score was 8.41 and I think he has some very untapped abilities. Will he make the 53? Not sure, but I can see the Packers trying to keep him on the PS if he doesn't.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw a write up on this guy today (article below) and then watched some film. This guy could be hidden gem and a nice surprise. RAS score was 8.41 and I think he has some very untapped abilities. Will he make the 53? Not sure, but I can see the Packers trying to keep him on the PS if he doesn't.

The article is unclear about where he'll actually compete. Is he an OLB/DE in the 4-3. I don't think he's a nose tackle so will he compete with Brooks and Wyatt for snaps?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Seems like everyone wants Royce Newman gone. The Packers reworked his deal. Basically a salary cut and no guarantees, but might improve Royce's chance of making the roster, especially if injuries happen.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like everyone wants Royce Newman gone. The Packers reworked his deal. Basically a salary cut and no guarantees, but might improve Royce's chance of making the roster, especially if injuries happen.

Now you don't cut him for that small of a savings likely...this was a win/win for him and the team....he wasn't worth his hit for likely position on the team (IF he made it) and for him it's a bet on yourself and you likely have more knowledge where you will be this year instead of facing a cut and search.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers may be wearing a white helmet at some point this season. Maybe with their throwback uniforms or on an "all white" day. Maybe if they can't wear Green in Brazil, it could be that game too?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score

Good night. 250 more of those moves and we give Jordan that mega Millions deal he’s holding out for :whistling:

Seriously though We’re Digging under Rocks for every dollar I like it.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good night. 250 more of those moves and we give Jordan that mega Millions deal he’s holding out for :whistling:

Seriously though We’re Digging under Rocks for every dollar I like it.
I just got this mental image of Ball, Gutekunst, and Murphy crawling around on their hands and knees at Lambeau after the shareholders' meeting yesterday, looking for nickels and dimes under the seats. Murphy jumps up and yells, "Russ! It's a Kennedy half dollar! Call Mughuleta!"

Reaction score
I just got this mental image of Ball, Gutekunst, and Murphy crawling around on their hands and knees at Lambeau after the shareholders' meeting yesterday, looking for nickels and dimes under the seats. Murphy jumps up and yells, "Russ! It's a Kennedy half dollar! Call Mughuleta!"
Desperate times require desperate measures!

Reaction score
Houston. I have an idea. We should do one of the famous Church matches to raise the extra $5mil annual for Jordan!

“We have a very generous friend of the congregation that’s going to match dollar for dollar up to a Million Dollars for a very limited time!.. a very.. very very… limited time!” (The friend might run out $$ end of the week!) :whistling:

I don’t know about you. But I’d feel guilty playing Roullette with a friend of the congregations $$$ match. I’ll just go ahead and send a $1Mil check now I can’t bare the thought of it anymore :tup:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The ideal job. I’m asked to take the week off while people argue over paying me $55,000,000 or $60,000,000 yearly!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LS Bowden & 2 CB's (Don Callis & LJ Davis) signed to the 90, released are K Turner, CB Gilbert, & (surprisingly) FB Pearson.

Reaction score
LS Bowden & 2 CB's (Don Callis & LJ Davis) signed to the 90, released are K Turner, CB Gilbert, & (surprisingly) FB Pearson.
Yeah. We basically get a FB in Dillon and several hybrids after that.
Really both TE and RB rooms are stocked with Beef.
Our smallest TE is 6’4.5” X 250lbs.
Our smallest RB is 220lbs

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Good to see Bowden back. He was kind of a surprise cut last week, but they had to make room for QB Eason.

It means that Orzech is either injured or hasn't won the job.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute still working to improve the depth of the team. He signed UDFA Chris Russell, who played for Texas A&M.

Looks more like depth insurance at ILB, since both Cooper and Hopper have been injured for most of the summer.

And Nate McCrary is back, at least for now:

I'm thinking these are camp bodies who won't be here once guys start getting healthy.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Nate McCrary is back, at least for now:

I'm thinking these are camp bodies who won't be here once guys start getting healthy.
I think you're right. Those guys don't even have much of a chance at the practice squad.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you bring back a guy you cut, who plays FB, you might well be protecting yourself if Dillon ends up going on IR, or ends up being cut. I don't think the move was by any means without meaning.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Fins Release Mike White

Packers should take a look at Mike White. Pratt and Clifford have been underwhelming. Mike White can start a couple games. The QB2 needs a vet for the season. Thoughts?
While a guy like White might be cheaper than someone like Tannehill, I would rather go with a fully proven vet. I will admit, I don't know a lot about White, but his stats are very unimpressive, so I don't see him as being much of an upgrade over what we already have.

If the Packers do try to sign a vet QB to backup Love, they should do it sooner, rather than later. Doing so will give that QB more time to get up to speed and once the season starts, injuries to other starting QB's will dilute the available FA QB's.

A season can be changed in the first 4 or 5 snaps, ask the Jets.

My prediction, Gute rolls with Pratt and puts Clifford on the PS. Probably the rationale, even if Love goes down, a guy like Tannehill won't take the Packers to the SB. Bank the savings, develop Pratt and possibly go all in for 2025.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While a guy like White might be cheaper than someone like Tannehill, I would rather go with a fully proven vet. I will admit, I don't know a lot about White, but his stats are very unimpressive, so I don't see him as being much of an upgrade over what we already have.

If the Packers do try to sign a vet QB to backup Love, they should do it sooner, rather than later. Doing so will give that QB more time to get up to speed and once the season starts, injuries to other starting QB's will dilute the available FA QB's.

A season can be changed in the first 4 or 5 snaps, ask the Jets.

My prediction, Gute rolls with Pratt and puts Clifford on the PS. Probably the rationale, even if Love goes down, a guy like Tannehill won't take the Packers to the SB. Bank the savings, develop Pratt and possibly go all in for 2025.

In the event Jordan Love suffers an injury, is there any trust, let alone confidence in either Pratt or Clifford to lead the team to victory?

I would say no, and that IS a problem.

You mentioned the SB, and I think the Packers are a contender for the SB, which requires competency for QB2.

Tannehill would be ideal, but I think Mike White is a decent and affordable option. Great value signing.