2024 Roster Status/Tracker

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another ex Packer that makes sense at the right price would be to acquire Zadarius Smith from the Clowns. He can still rush the passer. He has 4 sacks in 7 games playing about half of the snaps mostly on passing downs. He would lead the Packers with those 4 sacks. Pass rush is the biggest weakness on the Packers. Getting another pass rusher makes some sense if the cost isn't too high. Clooney is a similar player that could be creatively used in passing situations. It's getting more clear with each passing week that Preston Smith isn't the pass rusher he once was and LVN is too stiff to rush the passer from the edge.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another ex Packer that makes sense at the right price would be to acquire Zadarius Smith from the Clowns. He can still rush the passer. He has 4 sacks in 7 games playing about half of the snaps mostly on passing downs. He would lead the Packers with those 4 sacks. Pass rush is the biggest weakness on the Packers. Getting another pass rusher makes some sense if the cost isn't too high. Clooney is a similar player that could be creatively used in passing situations. It's getting more clear with each passing week that Preston Smith isn't the pass rusher he once was and LVN is too stiff to rush the passer from the edge.
I'm surprised that the pass rush isn't better, especially from the front four.

As for the other guys involved, you point out two good reasons - P Smith's age and LVN's inability to bend at the hips and get around the T. I notice that the T has no problem pushing LVN past the QB and out of the play.

As for Z, I'd love it if he came back, at the right price. 4 sacks in 7 games is good, especially playing for Cleveland.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I never could tell the difference between the Klingons and the Romuluns (they all had bad prostheses, make up). Hmm, I don't know if Romuluns were in the show. It sounds right.

Vulcans prioritize logic and emotional control, Romulans embody secrecy and cunning with a focus on strategy, and Klingons celebrate honor and strength.

A Romulan would shoot you. A Klingon would allow you the chance to be shot with honor. A Vulcan would explain to you why it was necessary for you to be shot.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Pass on Z. I think he burned his bridge back to Green Bay with his comments after he signed with the Vikings.

I will say it again. Those thinking a good pass rush is measured purely in sacks, need to expand their logic. Now I would agree that Gary and LVN need to improve on something, but for me it is their inability to consistently hold the edge against the run. They both seem way too focused on making that big sack.

Contain the edge, pressure the QB quickly and if a sack results from all that, awesome.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I never could tell the difference between the Klingons and the Romuluns (they all had bad prostheses, make up). Hmm, I don't know if Romuluns were in the show. It sounds right.
Romulans had the pointy eaars and raised eyebrows like the Vulcans. The females were typically quite attractive.
. Now I would agree that Gary and LVN need to improve on something, but for me it is their inability to consistently hold the edge against the run.
Watch Gary on Trevor's TD run for e good example of this.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary embarrassed himself on that TD run. What an Albatros of a big contract for the Packers. He's making nearly 25 million per year and playing like a 5th round draft choice.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He
Gary embarrassed himself on that TD run. What an Albatros of a big contract for the Packers. He's making nearly 25 million per year and playing like a 5th round draft choice.

He isn’t stacking sacks like folks want and overall for sure isn’t where he wants to be but he has the 35th most pressures in the league which is only a slot or two back from Micah Parsons and actually better than TJ Watt who has more pass snaps played then even Gary.

Members online

No members online now.