WR corps

D

Deleted member 6794

With the trade deadline coming up, there's a lot more talk again from various sites and writers about the Packers trading with Houston for Kenny Stills. The general consensus is it would only take a mid or late round pick.

The Packers shouldn't acquire Stills as it seems he has regressed over the past few years for some reason.

In addition they would have to pay him $3.7 million for the rest of the season. That's too much money considering the cap situation for next season.

sure it's unlikely but in this offense he doesn't have to be.

The Packers still need a good quarterback for MLF's offense to function.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

And why do people think they haven`t with Love ? Hell, he hasn`t even played a single snap yet....smh

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
but he can't even beat boyle to be our number two Bill, so he's obviously ****

People need to back off that statement of him not being able to beat out Boyle and thus he must stink. Boyle quite possibly is the #2 due to him being in the NFL and with the Packers since 2018. He knows MLF's offense and he has developed chemistry with his teammates. Throw in the bigger factor, a shortened camp, no preseason games and you begin to understand why Love won't be the first guy off the bench to replace Rodgers just yet.

Saying Love is **** really isn't looking at the big picture. I think you probably could have said the same thing about Rodgers his rookie season and I know for sure Favre was considered ***** his rookie year by many.

I

People need to back off that statement of him not being able to beat out Boyle and thus he must stink. Boyle quite possibly is the #2 due to him being in the NFL and with the Packers since 2018. He knows MLF's offense and he has developed chemistry with his teammates. Throw in the bigger factor, a shortened camp, no preseason games and you begin to understand why Love won't be the first guy off the bench to replace Rodgers just yet.

Saying Love is **** really isn't looking at the big picture. I think you probably could have said the same thing about Rodgers his rookie season and I know for sure Favre was considered ***** his rookie year by many.

I think he was joking Poker, he`s got our weird sense of humour.....lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

My apologies Scotscheese if you said that tongue in cheek. I will let it sit there for the too many of those who do actually believe that "Love sucks because he apparently didn't beat out Boyle this year"

I

My apologies Scotscheese if you said that tongue in cheek. I will let it sit there for the too many of those who do actually believe that "Love sucks because he apparently didn't beat out Boyle this year"

He IS Scottish though so I can`t understand him, so ?.......;)

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thats what i said, just with less words. those stating that about Boyle being number poo are getting on my perky B-cups

our??

D

Deleted member 6794

And why do people think they haven`t with Love ? Hell, he hasn`t even played a single snap yet....smh

It's possible Love develops into a decent NFL quarterback but him throwing more interceptions than any other quarterback in the FBS while facing inferior competition is reason for concern about his decision making.

Justin Herbert doesn't seem to care ;)

While I understand he was selected 20 spots before the Packers were on the clock many suggested that Love was the better prospect.

I

It's possible Love develops into a decent NFL quarterback but him throwing more interceptions than any other quarterback in the FBS while facing inferior competition is reason for concern about his decision making.

And that can be coached surely ??

I

Actually I believe that decision making is the one thing that can hardly be improved by coaching.

well maybe we should just agree to disagree then. If he proves to be a bust I`ll accept it. He may not be the next Aaron Rodgers, but then again he hasn`t set the world alight either in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 6794

well maybe we should just agree to disagree then. If he proves to be a bust I`ll accept it. He may not be the next Aaron Rodgers, but then again he hasn`t set the world alight either in my opinion.

Rodgers is a first ballot HOFer. I understand that you don't like him but there's no doubt he has been one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.

I

Rodgers is a first ballot HOFer. I understand that you don't like him but there's no doubt he has been one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.

Haha....it always amuses me when I dare to say I am not impressed with Rodgers. He`s won ONE Superbowl in his tenure, but, my point is people have already written off Love without him even playing. I believe he CAN be coached, nobody is born with a natural ability. Give the guy a chance to at least prove himself without writing him off completely.

D

Deleted member 6794

Haha....it always amuses me when I dare to say I am not impressed with Rodgers. He`s won ONE Superbowl in his tenure, but, my point is people have already written off Love without him even playing. I believe he CAN be coached, nobody is born with a natural ability. Give the guy a chance to at least prove himself without writing him off completely.

I haven't written off Love by any means just because I'm concerned about his number of interceptions last season.

Rodgers having won only one Super Bowl up until now is mostly not on him. Unfortunately he hasn't had the benefit of playing with great defenses like Brady.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't written off Love by any means just because I'm concerned about his number of interceptions last season.

Rodgers having won only one Super Bowl up until now is mostly not on him. Unfortunately he hasn't had the benefit of playing with great defenses like Brady.

but you are one of those that has suggested that because he is behind Boyle that that is an indicator that he is no good. To me, it is not a surprise that Boyle is the no2 this season given the way pre-season has worked out, having the guy with a bit of NFL experience as back up just makes sense at this point in time. If the same happens next season I may think differently. or if AR gets injured this season and he's not even no2 to Boyle then we could have some understandable concerns

D

Deleted member 6794

but you are one of those that has suggested that because he is behind Boyle that that is an indicator that he is no good. To me, it is not a surprise that Boyle is the no2 this season given the way pre-season has worked out, having the guy with a bit of NFL experience as back up just makes sense at this point in time. If the same happens next season I may think differently. or if AR gets injured this season and he's not even no2 to Boyle then we could have some understandable concerns

Love not being able to move past Boyle on the depth chart is definitely another reason for concern. But again that doesn't mean I have written him off either.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people underestimate Tim Boyle. It is clear to me that the coaching staff likes his progress. From my understanding, he was very good in camp.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think a lot of people underestimate Tim Boyle. It is clear to me that the coaching staff likes his progress. From my understanding, he was very good in camp.

Well, if Boyle is that good what was the point of spending a first rounder on the position???

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if Boyle is that good what was the point of spending a first rounder on the position???
It was before camp?

Love was viewed by management obviously as having elite abilities hence the trade up to get him.

D

Deleted member 6794

It was before camp?

Love was viewed by management obviously as having elite abilities hence the trade up to get him.

If a good camp by an undrafted backup quarterback is all it takes to have Love inactive on game days my concern seems to be valid.

In addition I wonder how it was possible for Boyle to excel in practice when I have been repeatedly told there was no way for Love to make enough progress to win the backup job.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose having a couple seasons of practice and camps under your belt vs zero had no effect on that?

D

Deleted member 6794

I suppose having a couple seasons of practice and camps under your belt vs zero had no effect on that?

Boyle definitely benefitted from being in MLF's system last season but a first round pick should be talented enough to move past him for the backup job during his rookie campaign nevertheless.

Members online

Latest posts