The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opinions are opinions and facts are facts. Look at the top 5 paid QBs every year for the last 25. I’d be surprised if TB12 is on any of them.
I believe you are right.... I remember that as of 2022, Brady was the highest paid player in the history of the NFL as far as cumulative earnings, but I don't think he was even Top 5 for that particular year.

Edit: oops. Poppa San went back further than I bothered. That's what I get for trusting a Bears fan!!!!! :mad:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe you are right.... I remember that as of 2022, Brady was the highest paid player in the history of the NFL as far as cumulative earnings, but I don't think he was even Top 5 for that particular year.
Smart guy. Not only did he Top the lists for that but the more obvious goal of being a Champion through hard work and long term thinking. Whatever Brady did worked really good and for a very long time

These young guys should take a course in whatever formula he used.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smart guy. Not only did he Top the lists for that but the more obvious goal of being a Champion through hard work and long term thinking. Whatever Brady did worked really good and for a very long time

These young guys should take a course in whatever formula he used.
They'd probably rather pick his brain for advice on how to how to make a positive impression on one of the wealthiest and most beautiful women in the world.

But as far as what he did to become the greatest quarterback of all time, that's no secret anymore - as you say, very hard work, longterm thinking, and absolutely, 100% believing in yourself every single moment.

I know we've talked about this before, but I'm struck by the story of how he talked the Patriots' maintenance supervisor into giving him his own key to the training facility. He'd show up at 6 AM, and study film until the rest of the team showed up for the practices. When everyone broke up at around 6 PM, and left for the evening, he'd go get dinner and then come back and study film until 11, 12, or later.

VP of player personnel Scott Piori was working late one night, and as he left his office at around 12:30 AM one night, he noticed that someone had left some lights on. When he went to turn them off, he found Brady in the film room getting ready for that weekend's game. Surprised, he asked Brady, "do you often stay this late?" Brady (just as surprised) said, "of course." And that was his rookie season; he was #4 on the depth chart.

Giselle spoke of waking up in the night, finding the bed half empty, and going on the hunt for him. And finding him studying film at 3, 4 AM, because he couldn't sleep anyway - so he might as well make sure he wasn't missing anything important about next week's opponent.

His first year with the Tampas, his new teammates were surprised at how often they'd get a notification on their phone and when they checked, they found that Brady was watching film at that moment and spotted something he felt that particular player needed to see. So he would text them a film clip.

No matter what their positon - offense, defense, special teams, maybe even parking lot attendants. If he spotted something that he felt that specific player needed to see, he fired it off at them. It went on all season long, and they kind of adjusted to it, but the 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl they were flooded with texted film clips at any hour of the day or night - midnight, 6 AM, anywhere in between, Brady would text a play to a DB, or a defensive lineman, and say "when you see your guy do this, here's the way you need to play it." Because that moment was when he happened to be watching film and saw something his teammate needed to see.

That's how a high school linebacker who had to beg his coach to let him be the 6th-string quarterback turned into Tom Brady. There's a reason that guy is the GOAT, and I hope Love spends a lot of time studying him and his ways. Because in terms of physical skills, Love is miles ahead of Brady - his RAS score is 8.45, more than triple Brady's score of 2.74. Brady was near anyhhere near the athlete Love is; he did it all with his head. If Jordan can tap into even a small part of what Brad relied on, he can be an incredible quarterback.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
$113 million, I just read. He signed a $156 million deal, and left 113 on the tabl. That's a significant sum; he left almost 1/3 of the available salary for his team to build with.

I think a lot more athletes could learn from that example.

I don't really buy into the line of thinking that it's not Jordan's fault that his agent is playing hardball; that it's just the agent, and the player has no part in it. Love had a part in it when he hired Dave Mulugheta. He knew damned well who Mulugheta was - he's not the agent you hire when you want to accept a fair deal, a contract that's reasonable for both sides. Mulugheta is the guy you hire when you to want to drain every single drop of blood out of the stone that you can possibly squeeze.

And here we are. I'm not necesarily saying that this looks bad for Love, but it's not very flattering.
$113 mil left on the table to sign other guys. Wow. Well I'm a Bucks-first guy, but could certainly cheer on Brunson and the Knicks if the Bucks can't get it together.

And I do agree that pinning all the blame on an agent for not getting a deal done is ridiculous, even if it is a guy as apparently cutthroat as Mulugheta. The agent works for the player after all. I have a bad feeling that Love wants to be the highest paid QB, even if it's only for a few days. So that probably means 5 years, $300 mil, as OS suggested.

Or more logically, they're haggling over the bonus and guaranteed money. The average contract value is a meaningless number and a false source of bragging rights IMO. I was OK with this dragging out this week, but TC is short and this is a team with lofty goals. Love has to start working with his WRs like yesterday. C'mon man, get it done.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'd probably rather pick his brain for advice on how to how to make a positive impression on one of the wealthiest and most beautiful women in the world.

But as far as what he did to become the greatest quarterback of all time, that's no secret anymore - as you say, very hard work, longterm thinking, and absolutely, 100% believing in yourself every single moment.

I know we've talked about this before, but I'm struck by the story of how he talked the Patriots' maintenance supervisor into giving him his own key to the training facility. He'd show up at 6 AM, and study film until the rest of the team showed up for the practices. When everyone broke up at around 6 PM, and left for the evening, he'd go get dinner and then come back and study film until 11, 12, or later.

VP of player personnel Scott Piori was working late one night, and as he left his office at around 12:30 AM one night, he noticed that someone had left some lights on. When he went to turn them off, he found Brady in the film room getting ready for that weekend's game. Surprised, he asked Brady, "do you often stay this late?" Brady (just as surprised) said, "of course." And that was his rookie season; he was #4 on the depth chart.

Giselle spoke of waking up in the night, finding the bed half empty, and going on the hunt for him. And finding him studying film at 3, 4 AM, because he couldn't sleep anyway - so he might as well make sure he wasn't missing anything important about next week's opponent.

His first year with the Tampas, his new teammates were surprised at how often they'd get a notification on their phone and when they checked, they found that Brady was watching film at that moment and spotted something he felt that particular player needed to see. So he would text them a film clip.

No matter what their positon - offense, defense, special teams, maybe even parking lot attendants. If he spotted something that he felt that specific player needed to see, he fired it off at them. It went on all season long, and they kind of adjusted to it, but the 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl they were flooded with texted film clips at any hour of the day or night - midnight, 6 AM, anywhere in between, Brady would text a play to a DB, or a defensive lineman, and say "when you see your guy do this, here's the way you need to play it." Because that moment was when he happened to be watching film and saw something his teammate needed to see.

That's how a high school linebacker who had to beg his coach to let him be the 6th-string quarterback turned into Tom Brady. There's a reason that guy is the GOAT, and I hope Love spends a lot of time studying him and his ways. Because in terms of physical skills, Love is miles ahead of Brady - his RAS score is 8.45, more than triple Brady's score of 2.74. Brady was near anyhhere near the athlete Love is; he did it all with his head. If Jordan can tap into even a small part of what Brad relied on, he can be an incredible quarterback.
There is no substitute for hard work. And inspiration is overrated. A person either wants to be his or her best, or they don't. Maybe when people are very young, they can be motivated by someone to then make themselves great. But just like the rest of life, there are no short cuts. Talent certainly is required, but work gets it done.

He's not in the conversation for GOAT, largely because championships are required, but Rodgers was also a work horse. He studied a lot of film and put in a lot of hours above and beyond. Yeah he's turned into a head case, but there's no denying his skill or dedication to the game and the QB position. We were fortunate he played virtually his entire career in GB.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not in the conversation for GOAT, largely because championships are required, but Rodgers was also a work horse.
A shame, because for much of his career, he was in the conversation for GOAT. But his lack of championships, and Brady's gaudy display of them, finally did him in.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady shows up in 2005 and drops out in 2013. Never topped the charts but came close.
Clearly Brady made a lot of money during his career. The question is could he have made more? Or even a lot more? I'd say he could have. But the next question is was Brady just a great team oriented guy, or was Belichick a cheapskate?

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard he's playing for "a team discount" and took a 6 year contract at vet minimum. :coffee:
You have no idea how frightened our cat is at the moment. She's never heard a human make a sound like that before.

But... you're just joking, right?

I am presently being judged....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope because that came in lower than I figured.
I thought TT was going to get the deal Love got. So it flipped.

TT has those lingering concussion problems. He just seems very susceptible to getting dinged and dinged badly. If he gets dinged much more he might have to walk away. The league, and Tua, really shouldn't mess with concussions.

Anyway, they are both rich guys, give or take $10 mil...... I like our guy better. And we don't have any WRs making $30 mil/year. OK, yet.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

This is just a superior presentation. Good read.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, they are both rich guys, give or take $10 mil...... I like our guy better. And we don't have any WRs making $30 mil/year. OK, yet.
If we're going to win another Lombardi, maybe we had better hurry up and get it before we get priced out of the market.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're going to win another Lombardi, maybe we had better hurry up and get it before we get priced out of the market.
Well you're right. There is a window for almost every team (the Chiefs just always seem to be in contention, but they are an exception). That window for the Packers is looking to be the next 2, maybe 3 years. And it depends on Love playing as well as he did in the last half of the 2023 season.

It's still very hard to win a SB. Talent is certainly required, and so is a bit of luck. Expectations are going to be very, very high for this team this year. That said, the team has better balance than contending teams of the past - just my opinion. Very few teams win a SB without a franchise QB though. Hey, it's a lot better than the alternative. We have a good team and it should be an exciting season. We're a little spoiled in that regard.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Boy, if that isn't the best 5 word frame up of a situation ... it's one of the top five and I'll let the guys with stats haggle out the specifics. :whistling:
I may have to stop "caring/worrying" about the money and just view it as a game of Monopoly. If the NFL took place in a bubble and had zero impact on inflation and the outside world, that would be an easy task for me to do.

Anyway, hopefully this puts Love back to work, pulls the team together and provides the Packers with enough talent and cap space to win a lot of games each season, entertaining us all in the process.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may have to stop "caring/worrying" about the money and just view it as a game of Monopoly. If the NFL took place in a bubble and had zero impact on inflation and the outside world, that would be an easy task for me to do.

Anyway, hopefully this puts Love back to work, pulls the team together and provides the Packers with enough talent and cap space to win a lot of games each season, entertaining us all in the process.
The inflation and the cost is real. Whats also unfortunate is also the local crime(in Chi) because until that gets cleaned up a lot better I will not go to Chicago for a game.
Also because the ticket prices are just absolutely over-priced now if you have a family you’re looking at dropping over $1000 minimum. Da Bears charge a ppl(like person seat license) and other incidentals that is just….just really cheapskate for billionaires, but then again pretty much par for the course with other franchises.