The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday November 17 you and your whole stinking city gonna find out.
If it’s a good season and it’s a game that has play-off implications I’d love to make the trip to Lambeau and tail-gate for the 2cnd game in yalls house.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fun to look back:

A lot of fans are bigger fans of a particular player than the team.

Some gems from the first 20 posts of the thread:

How many first round picks is Gute gonna waste?

This is a WTF moment.

This might literally be the first time i’ve given you an agree.

Horrible pick. Atrocious.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!?

Team couldnt stop the run in the game to make it to the Superbowl, and you trade up for a quarterback? You don't try and fix the gaping hole in the middle of the field? You don't even get the future HOF QB another weapon?

Glad I watched for 4 hours for that.

Disaster pick. Gute just sent the franchise into nuclear winter. Talk about killing the locker room. The whole team knows Gute could care less about winning for the next three seasons. This is a rebuilding pick.
Good stuff Amish. I may have been one of the commenters. Although thinking back to when the pick was made, my first reaction was - "Why now?". It seemed that Gluten was writing Rodgers off a little early, when all he was doing was following TT's strategy.

I did subsequently criticize the pick, not the strategy. I'm happy to say I was wrong.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it’s a good season and it’s a game that has play-off implications I’d love to make the trip to Lambeau and tail-gate for the 2cnd game in yalls house.
"...stinking city"? Careful Caleb. You seem like a decent guy. But calling GB a "stinking city" isn't gonna get you far on here.

Isn't there a Bears forum where you can once again cry over having your dreams broken over a lousy QB pick? Search the phrase "Mitch Trubisky" and you'll probably find it. Or search on "Jay Cutler - Packers' MVP."

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
1st sentence says "You and your whole stinking city are gonna find out." 2nd sentence starts with "IF" it's a good season..... So what's it going to be????

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st sentence says "You and your whole stinking city are gonna find out." 2nd sentence starts with "IF" it's a good season..... So what's it going to be????
To be fair, he doesn't say 'what' we are going to find out. He may be alluding to finding out the Bears still suck.

Reaction score
Code:
My opinion, for what its worth.

I'm not so sure that drafting Love was all that calculated. He just happened to be one of many players that was high on their board and suddenly dropped far enough in the 1st round to be within their reach. It wasn't like they traded way up in the first round to get him either. The opportunity and final decision to do so probably happened quite quickly in the draft room and I really doubt in those few minutes anyone said "Maybe we should consult with/warn Aaron first about this?"

As far as letting Rodgers know pre-draft that they had a QB ranked high in the first round? Just not necessary, if consulting with Rodgers about the draft wasn't something they ever did.

Aaron definitely has an ego, but so do the guys working the draft room. I've had people that have worked for me that I really liked and appreciated, but sometimes you have to draw the lines pretty clearly as to what is and isn't their responsibility.
Your opinion is valuable to me. Because you follow the team like I do pretty emphatically and you are always respectful. Even if you disagree you do it in a non condescending way. Something you said reminded me about a phone conversation with my Older Brother saying today ( I’m coming to visit him in a few days)
“I can’t wait to talk Packers and tell you about our recent draft picks”.
I’m thinking recent? That was months ago! :laugh:
Anyway he loves his Packers, he’s a UW grad like you though (1978? I was pretty young at his graduation, but remember being way up in those stands) so being excited about the Pack, it’s kinda part of his DNA. The conversation was like “screw our family.. what about the Pack!!” :)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
To be fair, he doesn't say 'what' we are going to find out. He may be alluding to finding out the Bears still suck.
After further review....the Bears still suck.

I like having the Bears in our division, it gives us 2 easy divisional games almost every season. Someone had to take the Lions spot as the North's doormat. :coffee:

That said, I respect this Caleb guy, not a lot of fans of perennial doormats get this fired up about their team.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like having the Bears in our division, it gives us 2 easy divisional games almost every season. Someone had to take the Lions spot as the North's doormat. :coffee:

That said, I respect this Caleb guy, not a lot of fans of perennial doormats get this fired up about their team.
Clearly you just aren’t friends with many Bears fans

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don’t treat me like a lions fan brah.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Childlike innocence. Recently the late season games always have playoff implications for Green Bay. Once you become a fan of a good team, you'll learn what it feels like.

Reaction score
Don’t treat me like a lions fan brah.
I think The Bears have a WHOLE lot more at stake to lose than GB. A failure here could put Chicago into the dark ages.

Often it also takes a couple of seasons to see what you have with a young QB as many franchises push their chips in too early at QB by forcing their hand too soon rather than pacing themselves and allowing some time to transition into the NFL. This can even occasionally backfire and break the confidence of a good QB when teams carry expectations too high too soon.

In his very first season as a Starter, Love was bordering on incredible.
No. 10 among NFL quarterbacks last season in passing yards, second in touchdowns (behind Dak Prescott), 10th in passer rating with at least 300 attempts and eighth in completions of 20-plus yards. This doesn't include a historical showing at Dallas, where Jordan was a near perfect QB rating. When they games got big, Jordan rose to the occasion. Going toe to toe with the class of the NFC, 49ers

In the 104-year history of the Chicago Bears, this is the best quarterback season by total yards and touchdowns. Love has surpassed both totals.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the 104-year history of the Chicago Bears, this is the best quarterback season by total yards and touchdowns. Love has surpassed both totals.
Very amazing.

I can see why Bears fans are excited. Caleb Williams has a good chance to be there best QB ever. Even if he sets a bunch of Bears records this season, it would probably be average by Packer standards over the last 30 years.

I really believe Love is primed for a historic season. Maybe one of the all time Packer QB seasons. Too many weapons for most teams to handle.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think The Bears have a WHOLE lot more at stake to lose than GB. A failure here could put Chicago into the dark ages.

Often it also takes a couple of seasons to see what you have with a young QB as many franchises push their chips in too early at QB by forcing their hand too soon rather than pacing themselves and allowing some time to transition into the NFL. This can even occasionally backfire and break the confidence of a good QB when teams carry expectations too high too soon.

No. 10 among NFL quarterbacks last season in passing yards, second in touchdowns (behind Dak Prescott), 10th in passer rating with at least 300 attempts and eighth in completions of 20-plus yards. This doesn't include a historical showing at Dallas, where Jordan was a near perfect QB rating. When they games got big, Jordan rose to the occasion. Going toe to toe with the class of the NFC, 49ers

Y’all crack me up. All I hear is we’ve been garbage for 30 years and blah blah blah blah blah and even still y’all have the most titles at 13 but we’re second most at nine you’ve had 30 years to increase that number and you only increased it by one.Who is the real loser then I ask. I know we’ve been horrible and there’s a reason we can’t get a quarterback pick right maybe we have now you guys have had Hall of Fame play for 30 years and you still couldn’t get the job done.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And when Love regresses and you guys are on the hook for all that money it’s going to have made all these years of waiting worthwhile.
Hey, I’m just going with what’s more likely…….a 3rd Hall of Fame quarterback or somebody that sucks????

Enjoy watching the future stars of tomorrow for the Chicago Bears play tonight.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Borderline incredible?!?!?
He went nine and eight. Buy a lot of your own admissions. He was not good the first nine games of the year then the team went on a little run yes but to act like his first season starting was a miraculous success. OK y’all can be good with that if that’s what you want.
I’ll be honest if Caleb goes 9-8 this year I’ll be disappointed.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very amazing.

I can see why Bears fans are excited. Caleb Williams has a good chance to be there best QB ever. Even if he sets a bunch of Bears records this season, it would probably be average by Packer standards over the last 30 years.

I really believe Love is primed for a historic season. Maybe one of the all time Packer QB seasons. Too many weapons for most teams to handle.
That all maybe true. Y’all have some weapons. My team is better. We’ve done the list by position and it’s going to come down to whose QB plays better.
You think we’re all delusional. We’re gonna find out.
I wish Caleb was taking a snap tonight at the Hall of Fame game so that when he comes back in 20 years, his career could go full circle but our management isn’t smart enough to think ahead and see things like that. But…. We’ll get to see Hard Knocks and then we’ll all have a better idea if I’m right or talking out my backside.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That all maybe true. Y’all have some weapons. My team is better. We’ve done the list by position and it’s going to come down to whose QB plays better.
You think we’re all delusional. We’re gonna find out.
I wish Caleb was taking a snap tonight at the Hall of Fame game so that when he comes back in 20 years, his career could go full circle but our management isn’t smart enough to think ahead and see things like that. But…. We’ll get to see Hard Knocks and then we’ll all have a better idea if I’m right or talking out my backside.
Holy crap! The HOF game is today? Dang, preseason snuck up mighty fast.

So you've done a position by position comparison? I bet if each NFC North team fan bases did the same they would each come out on top. The Bears have some talent, but on par with the Packers? I don't see it. We will have 2 games that will tell the tale this season. Our coaching on defense did a great job of hiding talent the last few years, so we shall see.

To be fair, I know I am a Homer, along with most every other NFL fan.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Y’all crack me up. All I hear is we’ve been garbage for 30 years and blah blah blah blah blah and even still y’all have the most titles at 13 but we’re second most at nine you’ve had 30 years to increase that number and you only increased it by one.Who is the real loser then I ask. I know we’ve been horrible and there’s a reason we can’t get a quarterback pick right maybe we have now you guys have had Hall of Fame play for 30 years and you still couldn’t get the job done.
You realize the Bears had a good 25 years during the 70's, 80's, and early 90's when the Packers were dog$hit but instead y'all only got ONE super bowl.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know we’ve been horrible and there’s a reason we can’t get a quarterback pick right maybe we have now...

Same thing we heard after TurdBiscuit and BustinFields were drafted. But keep the dreams alive man, it is what makes you a true Blue Bear Fan!

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy crap! The HOF game is today? Dang, preseason snuck up mighty fast.

So you've done a position by position comparison? I bet if each NFC North team fan bases did the same they would each come out on top. The Bears have some talent, but on par with the Packers? I don't see it. We will have 2 games that will tell the tale this season. Our coaching on defense did a great job of hiding talent the last few years, so we shall see.

To be fair, I know I am a Homer, along with most every other NFL fan.
It’s in one of the threads and we went back-and-forth for a bunch of pages. It shouldn’t be hard to find. Talking about the position comparison.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts