The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is still plenty of season left for growth through life games. Although I wouldn’t mind giving Sean Clifford a shot over the last few games this season.
I'm curious about Clifford also, I'd like to see what he could do. He didn't outplay Love during the preseason though. But If Love keeps running without sliding the way he does, Clifford will get a chance somewhere down the line.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Browns lost Watson for the season. How many first string QBs have been taken down this season?
*** UPDATE -11/17 ***
6 - AR, Richardson, D Jones, Cousins, Watson, Burrows

Murray missed 9 games & is back. Fields missed 4+ games & is back. Carr in/out with injured shoulder.

Game 1 starters that have been benched are: Garoppolo, Ridder, and Tannehill.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disgruntled or not, maybe he had reason to be disgruntled? I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say the fan base has been disgruntled also. All that talk about two HOF quarterbacks and only one Super Bowl apiece. Of course, some of the fans were disgruntled with him lol.
Speak for yourself. Oh wait you did. Never mind. FTR I was not in any way telling Montro what to do.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the trade isn’t as dumb as the contract they then did…..lunacy
If they knew then what they knew now.
1. Do you think they would have traded for him?
2. Do you think they would have signed him to that contract?
3. Do you think they would have washed their hands ................. of him.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m 100% sure Rodgers was disgruntled before the 2020 draft. @Schultz seems to enjoy being controversial and as his controversial friend I feel it necessary to oblige him :)
Who am I to ruin his fun
Now on to something completely different. I just found this you have been awarded a trophy feature for the 1st time even though I joined over 2 years ago. It keeps track of how many times you have posted messages and how many likes you have received. I imagine I am somewhere in the middle in posts and probably below average in likes. So (I am not telling anyone what to do) I was thinking if there was a dislike button IMO I would have a good chance of a very high ranking. Now I am not confident enough to say I am 100% sure about this as others are about some of their opinions but I would like my chances.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cleveland knew Watson wasn't being criminally charged but still faced 22 civil suits. It was also known that the league would discipline Watson due to the Personal Conduct policy...just unknown how long would be the suspension. Numerous other teams (Panthers, Saints, & possibly Atlanta) met with Houston & knew it would take at least (3) 1st's in trade.

Cleveland KNEW what they were getting and went all-in, anyway. They desrve what they're now getting, IMHO. Watson sat out the '21 season, then was suspended for 11 games in '22.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5 - AR, Richardson, D Jones, Cousins, Watson.

Murray missed 9 games & is back. Fields missed 4+ games & is back. Carr in/out with injured shoulder.

Game 1 starters that have been benched are: Garoppolo, Ridder, and Tannehill.
Didn't we lose to 2 of those who have been benched?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I imagine I am somewhere in the middle in posts and probably below average in likes. So (I am not telling anyone what to do) I was thinking if there was a dislike button IMO I would have a good chance of a very high ranking
Nah you're #88 out of 9850 posters as most people sign up, maybe post a few times in a thread then never return. For instance poster #4000 has 2 posts and #5000 has 1. Several thousand more like @Julia, @joe, @Steven, @Bryan, @Melissa, @Susan have never posted. What gets me curious are those that sign up but have their 1st post 3 years later. We ditched the dislike / disagree button when it was getting abused. A certain poster would go back 3-5 years on your posts to disagree with them if she didn't like you. Just to be a PITA. There is a section in the rules about it.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I actually suspect three is going to play out at some point, I just don't know when.

I don't think even the Browns are dumb enough to have done the first two things of course had they known...but man if they were lol

Reaction score
I went to a different church (more of a brand new Chapel) out in the country last Sunday and I guess the topic of the sermon was our Bishop who founded the community had been suspended for disagreeing with the Pope on controversial topics?
Anyway It was an interesting crowd of about 100 and LOTS of kids. Mostly farmers and ladies with head dressings and I enjoyed being among strange cultural differences.
I’d like to thank you each for preparing me for that, because It’s how I feel in here sometimes :whistling:

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah you're #88 out of 9850 posters as most people sign up, maybe post a few times in a thread then never return. For instance poster #4000 has 2 posts and #5000 has 1. Several thousand more like @Julia, @joe, @Steven, @Bryan, @Melissa, @Susan have never posted. What gets me curious are those that sign up but have their 1st post 3 years later. We ditched the dislike / disagree button when it was getting abused. A certain poster would go back 3-5 years on your posts to disagree with them if she didn't like you. Just to be a PITA. There is a section in the rules about it.
I always thought the benefits outweighed the downsides though. It allowed one to hit a simple button when they disagreed with an opinion and served as almost like a quick poll. You might post something like, "I don't know but it seems like this is all the coach's fault." And you might get 4 likes and 7 disagrees without the thread branching into 5 new directions due to people having to make actual posts to voice their disagreement. Seems like since it's been gone there have been a lot more threads devolve into endless arguments. Of course, a certain other poster being kicked to the curb this summer has helped a LOT in that regard.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm curious about Clifford also, I'd like to see what he could do. He didn't outplay Love during the preseason though. But If Love keeps running without sliding the way he does, Clifford will get a chance somewhere down the line.
I think we might get a chance to see him in the last few games.

While you want to give Love as many reps as you can, you don't want to risk an injury that takes him out of next Season. Also, it would be a great opportunity for Clifford to get some valuable snaps, to aid in his development.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Can we all take a 15 minute breather & reflect on just how horrible of a trade Desean Watson was for Clevland? (3) 1sts, (1) 3rd, &(1) 5th rounder plus they gave him a fully guaranteed $230Mil contract. Glad Gute isn't THAT cavalier with our football future. ;)

the trade isn’t as dumb as the contract they then did…..lunacy
Teams desperate for a QB do dumb things. The Bears and Browns are great examples of that.

As Packer fans, we have been fortunate enough to have almost 30 years of back to back HOF QB's, so we haven't felt that pain in a long time.

Let's hope we don't have to and Love is THE 3rd FHOF QB. If he isn't, I still would rather they build a solid defense, solid players on offense and find a QB, whether its a vet or a rookie, that fits the offense.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Makes sense on ditching the disagree. I could see how that could open up a can of worms at times. Thanks again.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to a different church (more of a brand new Chapel) out in the country last Sunday and I guess the topic of the sermon was our Bishop who founded the community had been suspended for disagreeing with the Pope on controversial topics?
Anyway It was an interesting crowd of about 100 and LOTS of kids. Mostly farmers and ladies with head dressings and I enjoyed being among strange cultural differences.
I’d like to thank you each for preparing me for that, because It’s how I feel in here sometimes :whistling:
Sounds super interesting. Happy to have helped prepare you for your journey. GPG!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
As I said..rodgers wouldn't do ck downs

This was from 5 years ago
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Yeah, that was frustrating as well. The longer he played the more it seemed he needed to make the big play. In his own mind anyway.

Reaction score
Not a problem. I was up with my buddy Captain Morgan until the bottle emptied anyway.
Hmm. Was it Jordan Morgan? He’s that Tackle from Arizona thats suppose to go right there in our Rd2 segment. They say when he drinks Captain he turns from a Wildcat to a Mad Dog. I hope you’re ok?

Reaction score
After watching the condensed game again, I think we should’ve beat The Steelers. We are near identical in strength to them. However we played with mostly newer DB’s and still went toe to toe. The Steelers are now a 6-3 team and they were playing at home. We still gave them problems. That 1 lateral fumble that got missed would’ve nailed them in a coffin. In a low scoring game a TD like that (Gary clearly scored) would’ve sealed their fate. We would’ve just kicked the FG to end the game at regulation

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the condensed game again, I think we should’ve beat The Steelers. We are near identical in strength to them. However we played with mostly newer DB’s and still went toe to toe. The Steelers are now a 6-3 team and they were playing at home. We still gave them problems. That 1 lateral fumble that got missed would’ve nailed them in a coffin. In a low scoring game a TD like that (Gary clearly scored) would’ve sealed their fate.
Aren’t they 6-3 now?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams desperate for a QB do dumb things. The Bears and Browns are great examples of that.

As Packer fans, we have been fortunate enough to have almost 30 years of back to back HOF QB's, so we haven't felt that pain in a long time.

Let's hope we don't have to and Love is THE 3rd FHOF QB. If he isn't, I still would rather they build a solid defense, solid players on offense and find a QB, whether its a vet or a rookie, that fits the offense.
And we can look to the Raiders as an organization that makes all kinds of deals all over the board. And other than one time how many SB trips have they made the last 40 years?

Members online