The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
@longtimefan is calling me out. Poking the bear as some would say. I'm not a huge fan of Jordan Love and apparently he does not like my opinion.
It's America your good.

I respect your opinion. But I dont like that it appears your close minded about how others think Love will be good if other things change.

Seems your mind is made up Love will never improve and THAT is what bothers me

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers took stupod sacks all the time. Would miss his ck offs last few years. It's well documented here how bad he would miss ck offs and take un needed sacks.

Get off the love hatred already. He isn't going anywhere
Yeah, I'm not talking about Rodgers. I also don't hate Love. I actually don't hate anyone.
You brought up a bad sack. I said rodgers did it all the time and then yiy said I'm not talking about Rodgers.

Then you brought up Brett

Why can you dismiss my rodgers comment but I can't dismiss your brett comment?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The first season was going to be a rollercoaster all along. Porpoising is regular for any new team, much less the Offense with the least amount of regular season experience across decades of rosters. I’ve only went back to 1990 but I’m 75% sure no Offense since the start of the SB era has less cumulative games logged. Looking at the cumulative games played by the Packers Offense? Im more surprised Jordan n Co has scored 20 pts per game. That’s actually respectable + imo

The positive side of that = an Offense that has an unusual propensity for a growth spurt.
There’s a significant chance that this Offense could come off this plateau (it’s not IF but WHEN) and take an unusual jump in production. That LA game wasn’t against a backup Defense, yet our Offense was 4-5 self inflicted errors away from another long scoring drive or two. The score didn’t reflect the feel of that game. Our Offense just hammered LA just shy of 400 yards. It should’ve been 450-500 yards with a sprinkling of discipline. By this time next season it would not surprise me if we were in that 23-25 points per game realm.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first season was going to be a rollercoaster all along. Porpoising is regular for any new team, much less the Offense with the least amount of regular season experience across decades of rosters. I’ve only went back to 1990 but I’m 75% sure no Offense since the start of the SB era has less cumulative games logged. Looking at the cumulative games played by the Packers Offense?

After recently looking closer, Im surprised Jordan n Co has scored 20 pts per game. That’s actually respectable + imo

The positive side of that = an Offense that has an unusual propensity for a growth spurt.
There’s a significant chance that this Offense could come off this plateau (it’s not IF but WHEN) and take an unusual jump in production. That LA game wasn’t against a backup Defense, yet our Offense was 4-5 self inflicted errors away from another long scoring drive or two. The score didn’t reflect the feel of that game. Our Offense just hammered LA just shy of 400 yards. It should’ve been 450-500 yards with a sprinkling of discipline.
Those yellow flags. If we ever could get some discipline.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That LA game wasn’t against a backup Defense, yet our Offense was 4-5 self inflicted errors away from another long scoring drive or two. The score didn’t reflect the feel of that game. Our Offense just hammered LA just shy of 400 yards.
Their tepid offense without Matt Stafford hampered their defense, just like our tepid offense usually hampers ours. Really, we dominated that game. Hopefully it will do a lot for their confidence.

Reaction score
Their tepid offense without Matt Stafford hampered their defense, just like our tepid offense usually hampers ours. Really, we dominated that game. Hopefully it will do a lot for their confidence.
I think it did exactly that. Everyone was in the dumps after a 4 game losing streak. Yes the Rams are below average, but they still have more experience than we do.
A real add to that confidence would be a follow up Booster Win. I’m not necessarily suggesting this is our time to rise, However a Win on the Road against a 5-3 team? That gets peoples attention real fast. At some juncture we should see the mistakes subsiding, let’s hope it not Week 18

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The first season was going to be a rollercoaster all along. Porpoising is regular for any new team, much less the Offense with the least amount of regular season experience across decades of rosters. I’ve only went back to 1990 but I’m 75% sure no Offense since the start of the SB era has less cumulative games logged. Looking at the cumulative games played by the Packers Offense? Im more surprised Jordan n Co has scored 20 pts per game. That’s actually respectable + imo
How many expansion teams were in that cursory analysis? Texans, rebuilt Browns, Panthers and Jags come to mind.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many expansion teams were in that cursory analysis? Texans, rebuilt Browns, Panthers and Jags come to mind.
Expansion teams were required to "start" building their rosters with 25-30 vets from other teams...usually high-priced vets on downside of their careers. The rest of rosters were FA's, draft picks, & UDFA's. I haven't analyzed games of experience but doubt this GB roster has much more (if any) experience than those expansion teams.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Expansion teams were required to "start" building their rosters with 25-30 vets from other teams...usually high-priced vets on downside of their careers. The rest of rosters were FA's, draft picks, & UDFA's. I haven't analyzed games of experience but doubt this GB roster has much more (if any) experience than those expansion teams.
I recall them, at least the last two, selecting cheapest players available to maximize cap space. This allowed them to be players in free agency. This may be why Cleveland and Houston sucked for so long while Jax and Carolina, which may have done what you said, were competitive within 5 years. I'm not sure if they did but I'd agree with them having a reduced cap for the first 2-3 seasons. Maybe 85/90/95%

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
It's America your good.

I respect your opinion. But I dont like that it appears your close minded about how others think Love will be good if other things change.

Seems your mind is made up Love will never improve and THAT is what bothers me
I'd say that is a fair assessment. I do have my mind made up that he is not the guy. He might improve to be a middling QB, but that isn't the type of guy that takes you to the Super Bowl. QB play is the most important factor in winning a Super Bowl. As discussed, it does take a full team and they are far from them. There are a lot of needs on this team. Yes, my mind is made up. Yes, he can improve. Also, my apologies if anyone has felt disrespected by my opinion. That was not my intention. It's a good attribute to be optimistic about Jordan Love. I can respect that. I'm just on the flip side of it. GPG!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I could see (highlights and in game peek-ins on NFL Red Zone) it appears Love had a fairly decent day today. He made mistakes but every QB does. As long as he is improving that's about as much as we can ask.
He got away about 3 times which would have been a sack if it was Rodgers. Of course Rodgers may have unloaded sooner or changed the play. But his team and his coach still need to do a better job of helping him. MLF handled the end of the first half poorly. With under 4 minutes and trailing by 4 you need to run some clock. On 1st down he goes home run ball. On 3rd down and 5 on the edge of FG he goes hurry up and the rushed play to Jones. Could have ran another 30-35 off the clock and called a timeout. Then set up a play to get the 1st down. If you make it you have a new set of downs and have a shot at a FG. If you fail THEN punt and give the Steelers about 2 minutes or less pinned deep.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It won't be long before this thread is titled "The Jordan Love Era Ends." Love can join the likes of Scott Hunter, David Whitehurst, and Randy Wright. Of course those guys were drafted in the 6th or 8th round...

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit I'm a little worried about all the throw angles Love uses. It's not like once in awhile. It seems like it's part of his game. He slings it sidearm even when he doesn't have to.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit I'm a little worried about all the throw angles Love uses. It's not like once in awhile. It seems like it's part of his game. He slings it sidearm even when he doesn't have to.
I still do not like the Love pick. To me a 1st rounder (that you trade up for) should be starting on his rookie contract by year 3 and be good enough to pick up his 5th year option. I still wonder what exactly was their plan? I sure hope this wasn't it. To have him sit 3 years and then give him the least experienced offense in decades to evaluate him. IMO an epic fail. On the flip side IMO he is already an average NFL QB. IMO he tries touch on his throws too much. IMO he looks better when he actually throws the ball. IMO he has the chance to be better than average. The better the team around him is the better he will be. The current supporting cast is below average. IMO that is on the FO.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The current supporting cast is below average. IMO that is on the FO.

I think they have some pieces that will work. Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave. I haven't thrown the towel on Watson. Right now, the front office's biggest failure is not the picks or the players themselves, it is that they didn't keep any vets around to teach them.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I could see (highlights and in game peek-ins on NFL Red Zone) it appears Love had a fairly decent day today. He made mistakes but every QB does. As long as he is improving that's about as much as we can ask.
Yeah, he did look pretty decent today. I was lucky enough for them to air the game in my market today, on the CBS (AFC) channel. Between this week and last I'm encouraged.

On the flip side IMO he is already an average NFL QB. IMO he tries touch on his throws too much. IMO he looks better when he actually throws the ball. IMO he has the chance to be better than average. The better the team around him is the better he will be.
Nothing wrong with using some touch where it's called for, but I agree he looks better when he puts more arm into it, gets some zip on it. I don't think too many people are expecting for him to be another HOF QB, but hopefully a competent leader while they build a better team around him.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It won't be long before this thread is titled "The Jordan Love Era Ends." Love can join the likes of Scott Hunter, David Whitehurst, and Randy Wright. Of course those guys were drafted in the 6th or 8th round...
Unless I'm getting senile in my old age Love looks better than these 3 guys ever did.

Reaction score
I still do not like the Love pick. To me a 1st rounder (that you trade up for) should be starting on his rookie contract by year 3 and be good enough to pick up his 5th year option. I still wonder what exactly was their plan? I sure hope this wasn't it. To have him sit 3 years and then give him the least experienced offense in decades to evaluate him. IMO an epic fail. On the flip side IMO he is already an average NFL QB. IMO he tries touch on his throws too much. IMO he looks better when he actually throws the ball. IMO he has the chance to be better than average. The better the team around him is the better he will be. The current supporting cast is below average. IMO that is on the FO.
Rodgers didn’t start year 3
GB was looking to move on from #12 because he had been disgruntled for years. Once he showed he couldn’t even break .500 it was a no brainer. We’re not paying $60mil for lackluster. That was the true bad deal. A #26 is cheap for a shot at QB. You make it sound like we spent a Top5 pick

Last edited:

Members online