The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is amazing how he gets it all of a sudden. Going from 5.3 points in the first half for much of the season to getting it is amazing. Smart decisions and no panic.
He has the mentality you want in a good cornerback. Short memory, ice in the veins. I have yet to see him rattled, even when he was struggling through October.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got to say, I had my doubts going into the season, but he's sold me.

It was also pretty cool seeing Clifford out there tonight, completing a pass.
If he had thrown that thing 5 yards deeper it probably would have been a TD.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has the mentality you want in a good cornerback. Short memory, ice in the veins. I have yet to see him rattled, even when he was struggling through October.
30 TD passes in his first year as a starter! Now if we were a better run block team that utilizes the TE or a FB inside the 10 we might have more rushing TDs instead of passing ones.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he had thrown that thing 5 yards deeper it probably would have been a TD.
Might have been anyway, but we weren't looking to score.

30 TD passes in his first year as a starter!
#3 in the league right now. His other stats would be better I'm sure, except he had to deal with his own growing pains earlier in the year, plus those of the receivers and other players around him. And he seems to have none of the "head case" issues Favre and Rodgers displayed (although give him time lol). Hopefully he'll continue to improve.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After tonight you can officially say Love has out-performed not only Rodgers' first season as our starter, but also his last season as our starter.

Hold on a minute...when Love leads the Packers to a victory at Lambeau this week and a wild card playoff berth. Then he will have out played Rodgers in the latters final season in GB.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well deserved bonuses for him. 10th in yards, 3rd in TD's, 18-20 in completion %. The restructure helped the Packers minimize financial risk, but bonuses allowed Love to recoup. He bet on himself and won!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold on a minute...when Love leads the Packers to a victory at Lambeau this week and a wild card playoff berth. Then he will have out played Rodgers in the latters final season in GB.
At least the same number of wins with more TD passes, more rushing TDs and with far less experienced receivers. Then there's the eye test. His decision-making has been better. He's actually willing to look to his check-downs. His accuracy on tight throws has been better. Looking at his season as a whole, with one game to go he has a slightly better passer rating and a much better QBR and that's including a handful of really ugly games from Love back in October.

And here's another reason he has been better: trust issues. Bo Melton was targeted 9 times for 6 catches, 100+ yards, and a TD. How many times do you think Rodgers would have targeted him?

Really, over the second half of the season, how many QBs can you point to that have been markedly (indisputably) better than Love?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
At least the same number of wins with more TD passes, more rushing TDs and with far less experienced receivers. Then there's the eye test. His decision-making has been better. He's actually willing to look to his check-downs. His accuracy on tight throws has been better. Looking at his season as a whole, with one game to go he has a slightly better passer rating and a much better QBR and that's including a handful of really ugly games from Love back in October.

And here's another reason he has been better: trust issues. Bo Melton was targeted 9 times for 6 catches, 100+ yards, and a TD. How many times do you think Rodgers would have targeted him?

Really, over the second half of the season, how many QBs can you point to that have been markedly (indisputably) better than Love?
Packers have had 9 different leading receivers per game by yardage this season. Doubs 4 times, Wicks 3, Musgrave and Reed twice. Kraft, Melton, Watson, Jones, and Dillon round it out. If fantasy were still going I'd start Sims or Toure next week. :p

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw.....Aaron Rodgers 2008 season (16 games): 4,038 / 28 / 13 / 93.8

Jordan Love 2023 season (thru 16 games): 3,843 / 30 / 11 / 93.8

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Love was Rodgers we likely would have a four time MVP with a good showing and win final week.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw.....Aaron Rodgers 2008 season (16 games): 4,038 / 28 / 13 / 93.8

Jordan Love 2023 season (thru 16 games): 3,843 / 30 / 11 / 93.8
Here's the more interesting part to me. As first time starters, you expect improvement in the second half of the season. So for that comparison:

Rodgers (games 9-16) 2106 / 15 / 8 /64.3%

Love (games 9-16) 2123 / 18 / 3 / 66.3%

So that confirms what we already know, that overall Rodgers had a faster start to his season but more or less remained steady without any real improvement. Looking at the interceptions you could argue his first half was actually better.

OTOH, Love has shown massive improvement with 55% of his yards, 60% of his TDs and only 27% of his INTs coming in the second half of the season.

Now obviously Rodgers continued to progress in his second season, but it's pretty clear to me that Love has advanced his game further in season 1 than Rodgers did and I can't wait to see where he goes with season 2.

Keep in mind who both QBs had at the skill positions and I'm even more impressed with Love in this comparison.

I'm hearing the talking heads who were downplaying him as a franchise QB all changing their tune but now they are all denying he can be an MVP QB. I fail to see anything to indicate that he's hit his ceiling.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im Gonna say it. Jackson, Dak, Purdy, Tua, Hurts all talked about as possible MVP. One of them will win. Love's numbers are right there with them, and i feel its easy to say he has done more with less than any of them. I think Love's best atribute is poise...its hard to measure what is inside a given player. i think there is something inside him...maybe special.

Latest posts