The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in 2004 the Packers with their bleep defense managed to win both regular season games against the Vikings 34-31 on game ending FGs by Ryan Longwell. Unfortunately, when we meant them in the playoffs our D stayed bleep and theirs got better.

And they had Randy Moss smh cant believe we lost that game

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw an article earlier that said that Love needs 251 yards and one touchdown to have more yards and touchdowns than any quarterback in the history of the Chicago Bears. That is crazy.

The Bears quarterback problems reminds me of our perennial defensive problems. It's fused into our identity. :mad::poop: Although we have had good defenses from time to time, they've just been few and far between.

https://atozsports.com/green-bay/pa...ove needs 251 yards,franchise to not have one.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw an article earlier that said that Love needs 251 yards and one touchdown to have more yards and touchdowns than any quarterback in the history of the Chicago Bears. That is crazy.

The Bears quarterback problems reminds me of our perennial defensive problems. It's fused into our identity. :mad::poop: Although we have had good defenses from time to time, they've just been few and far between.

https://atozsports.com/green-bay/packers-qb-jordan-love-embarrass-chicago-bears-week-17/#:~:text=Jordan Love needs 251 yards,franchise to not have one.
We had good if not great defenses since we became a team

Bears haven't had that QB since 1920 or what ever.

Your statement of our defense and perennial issues is just not right

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ranking/rating the D is as subjective as it gets - era, point, yards, one of the ranking organizations, what counts? How high/low to qualify? What counts as perennial? But a quick and dirty chart is here for your reading pleasure and a good starting point

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always had confidence in Love. I am now at this point very confident that he ends up elite, among the top half dozen quarterbacks in the NFL. I don't know if it'll be enough Sunday night, but I expect him to have a strong game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
But a quick and dirty chart is here for your reading pleasure and a good starting point
Interesting read. Packers offense was top 5 in points from 1925 thru 1945. And the 1931 team led the league in all stats except def points allowed (2 to the team that is now in Detroit.)

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting read. Packers offense was top 5 in points from 1925 thru 1945. And the 1931 team led the league in all stats except def points allowed (2 to the team that is now in Detroit.)
As I went through that chart, I realized that my very first game attended in Green Bay was when Indian Jack Jacobs and Jug Girard were the QBs, and Tony Canadeo was running people over, while carrying the ball. I was 9 years old, so that was 1949. The game was at City Stadium, which was located by Green Bay East High school. I think they had a few portable outhouses, and that was it. A messy situation.

It was on October 23, the day after my birthday, and my birthday present. We got stomped 35-7. I've seen a lot of QBs run through GB over the years. A lot of defenses, and a lot of offenses. After that game, I got a chance to meet Jug Girard, the Packer QB at a local restaurant after the game. I looked at him and asked him why he threw two interceptions. He looked at me and smiled, and said; "They looked unhappy. I thought I'd make them feel better." Then he laughed and said; "It happens. It's just part of the game. You never get it right all the time. You just hope you get it right more than the other team does."

It made sense to me then, and it still does. You don't always have to be right, or win all the time. You just have to do the best you can on any given day. It's what life is all about.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they lose this game to the Vikings it would make it very likey one Aaron Charles Rodgers would be making a trip to Lambeau field next season...that would be a special moment. I think Id have to go to that to hopefully see Love lead the Packers over the Jets in a shootout

To be clear I prefer they win and think they will but I think the Nfl would very much like the Jets and Packers to finish 3rd in their divisions

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your statement of our defense and perennial issues is just not right
I think it is. But I'm only talking of the more recent past, say since the 2010 Super Bowl win. But monumental defensive failures predate that. 4th and 26 for example.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is. But I'm only talking of the more recent past, say since the 2010 Super Bowl win. But monumental defensive failures predate that. 4th and 26 for example.
2004 was a disaster. And the " Owens caught it " catch with 3 seconds left.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Fantasy Football team name :( . When Sherman put his trust into the D instead of Ahman Green & the O line who had been KILLING Philly all day. :(
As Sherman iterated later on: Every decision they made failed. Not a single one succeeded. Even when we were 1st and goal at the 5 with the best O line in the league we got stuffed 4 times. We left our dagger back at Lambeau the week before.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ewww, why would you name your team after such an unpleasant event? I'd hate to have the constant reminder.
If you don't remember the "ugly", crushing defeats you don't fully appreciate the ugly wins or "lucky" game-winning FG's. 4th & 26 was so monumental it has its own Wikapedia entry...a constant reminder of "playing it safe" and losing.

Catamount1971

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is amazing how he gets it all of a sudden. Going from 5.3 points in the first half for much of the season to getting it is amazing. Smart decisions and no panic.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After tonight you can officially say Love has out-performed not only Rodgers' first season as our starter, but also his last season as our starter.
I've got to say, I had my doubts going into the season, but he's sold me.

It was also pretty cool seeing Clifford out there tonight, completing a pass.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After tonight you can officially say Love has out-performed not only Rodgers' first season as our starter, but also his last season as our starter.
Wonder how the Captain feels about that 1st Round pick in 2020 right now?