The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they get more experience, and they get better. Everybody wins.full roster got plenty of PT this season with the exception of Bahk. So in many ways it
Most of the roster got plenty of PT this season with the exception of Bahk. So the baptism of fire should show some dividends next season. However, the defense did not really grow this year. A handful got experience but I don't know if it will make them better under the scheme and coach they had.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mahomes seems to have the same level of WRs that AR12 had last season. He's being carried by a much better TE and a defense that plays up to its abilities more often than not.

Mahomes has a first ballot HOF tight end that some would argue is the best ever…..

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His leading receiver is a first ballot likely bear unanimous hall of fame tight end…getting sick of folks acting like Mahomes isn’t struggling.
But I do not know of any opponent that will say that if they are facing Mahommes.

Reaction score
The defense certainly could lose the game but who is starting at qb for the Vikings...Nick Mullens? Jaren Hall? Josh Doubs? Love will be the best qb on the field by a large margin

At this point who would you rather have over Love in the entire Nfl?

Jalen Hurts, Brock Purdy, Trevor Lawrence, Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Daniel Jones, Derek Carr, Jimmy Garapalo, Baker Mayfield, Garner Mechew, Joe Flacco, DeSean Watson, Anthony Richardson, Zach Wilson, Will Levis, Desmond Ridder, Bailey Zappe, Tyrod Taylor, Geno Smith, Kenny Pickett, Mitch Trubisky

Already not a qb on that list would I take over Jordan Love

That leaves starters Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Matthew Stafford, CJ Stroud, Dak Prescott as ones Id possibly take over Love

Question does that make Love already a top 10 Nfl qb?
I’d agree with most of your QB’s. Although in real time Jordan also has the advantage of age. That eliminated Stafford and maybe Russel for me. I’m not sure that I would definitively choose anyone over Love except Hurts, Mahomes, Stroud and Lamar.
I like Dak and Goff, but one is 30yrs old and I question their play in high pressure games and Love is very close behind Burrow and Trevor imo.

I’d maybe add Tua and Purdy and over Love

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You left out Herbert, id put him in the top 5 easy. also hurts and Lawrence would be well above Love....today....be he could catch them

I added Herbert to the over Love list. I agree hes top 5. But I emphatically disagree about Lawrence...Hurts I can understand but Love is definitely having a better season this year

Lawrence career stats by year

2021 3641 yards 12 tds 17 ints 71.9 rating

2022 4113 yards 25 tds 8 ints 95.2 rating

2023 3736 yards 19 tds 12 ints 89.1 rating

Forgot Tua too, added him to the the is above list

Reaction score
That’s another thing that’s very Favrish about Love. He’s not afraid to spread the ball around a bunch. He’s turning average players into good players and he’s not immune to targeting unproven WR or TE’s. That’s very admirable and it makes him appealing to these young players. Love has overcome having a tremendously young group of Targets.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s another thing that’s very Favrish about Love. He’s not afraid to spread the ball around a bunch. He’s turning average players into good players and he’s not immune to targeting unproven WR or TE’s. That’s very admirable and it makes him appealing to these young players. Love has overcome having a tremendously young group of Targets.

To me it actually seems like he goes out of his way to get guys involved and make them feel like theyre contributing.

The back to back throws to Malik Heath really illustrated it...

Reaction score
I added Herbert to the over Love list. I agree hes top 5. But I emphatically disagree about Lawrence...Hurts I can understand but Love is definitely having a better season this year

Lawrence career stats by year

2021 3641 yards 12 tds 17 ints 71.9 rating

2022 4113 yards 25 tds 8 ints 95.2 rating

2023 3736 yards 19 tds 12 ints 89.1 rating

Forgot Tua too, added him to the the is above list
I forgot about Herbert.

Factoring that field, many QB’s have more proven weapons than Love has. Also several QB’s are past their Rookie contracts and are already peaking or have peaked career wise.

I’d put Love in that top 8-10 of QB’s under 30 years old and top 12 of the league. Although I think Love has a bigger propensity ceiling wise than all but about 5-6 on that list. Wait until we add 1 more Weapon and 1 upgrade on OL. Then when these Rookies and 2nd year guys hit years 3-4.

IF Love got drafted again? He’d go Top 5

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah its close, i think we need to see a bit more from Love. Maybe mid next year he climbs that ladder a few more rungs. but i think most GMs take Hurts and or Lawrennce ...today. Love is looking way better than i could ever imagine at this stage.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
His leading receiver is a first ballot likely bear unanimous hall of fame tight end…getting sick of folks acting like Mahomes isn’t struggling.
When did I say or act like he wasn't struggling? His first ballot HOF tight end has dropped passes this year too right along with the wide receivers. His supporting cast has played like crap. In Mahomes MVP years he had a tremendous supporting cast.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday is playoff game atmosphere... on the road. vikes are gonna throw everything at Love its a big test.

I fully expect him to play well enough to win and looking at what the defense did to Jaren Hall when he replaced Cousins at the end of the last meeting...Im encouraged to think the D might actually help out

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect him to play well enough to win and looking at what the defense did to Jaren Hall when he replaced Cousins at the end of the last meeting...Im encouraged to think the D might actually help out
Back in 2004 the Packers with their bleep defense managed to win both regular season games against the Vikings 34-31 on game ending FGs by Ryan Longwell. Unfortunately, when we meant them in the playoffs our D stayed bleep and theirs got better.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway.... in an attempt to get back on topic, I did some quick figuring and Love has playing on an MVP pace since Halloween. If you extrapolate his numbers since then over 17 games, you get the following:

4450 yards, 32 TDs and 6 INTs on 66.8% passing. When you consider the fact of who he has been throwing to in terms of experience, that is absolutely amazing. If his receivers continue to progress as well as him then I could easily see him doing something in the 4800, 35, 4 and 70% range.