The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I just looked at Rodgers' 2008 game logs and this checks out. It"s cool to see what came next: in the last 5 games of that season you can really see him click into that next level, averaging 288 yds/game and racking up 11 tds-4 ints. It's a big piece of optimism to hope Love can make that same step up, but if he does I bet GB goes to the playoffs.

Or, you know, we all come back to earth and Love seems....fine, I guess. But what an entertaining ride this is, as opposed to having to watch Kenny Pickett every week, or whatever.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Rodgers broke the foot against the Pats at Lambeau running out of bounds. I think he came out of the Cowboy game in one piece.
I do recall Rodgers breaking his foot. I thought it was in the preseason. Do you know if that's the case? Thanks m.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont look now but over the last 4 weeks Jordan Love has posted...

A passer rating of 105.3
8 tds against 2 ints
1107 yards threw the air
57 yards rushing
Completing 65% of his passes

And the Packers are 3-1 over that span

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont look now but over the last 4 weeks Jordan Love has posted...

A passer rating of 105.3
8 tds against 2 ints
1107 yards threw the air
57 yards rushing
Completing 65% of his passes

And the Packers are 3-1 over that span
Thanks for the great summary. I knew he had stepped it up so these stats are great to see.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another crazy tid bit...the parallels between Rodgers and Love countinue to be almost unbelievable

They both also held 5-6 records after 11 games

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231124_091139_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231124_091139_Instagram.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am happy to see Jordan progressing - I have said all along give him ~10 games to get his feeling in it... the NFL is a beast just due to the coverage schemes, speed, size, etc...

I expect him to continue to ascend

Reaction score
It’s still very early, but promising QB play. He’ll need to clean up a few details but he’ll also have plenty of time. Imo love has earned his place as our starter through 2024.

The other benefit there is we should likely see 7 Draft selections inside 4 Rounds. If we don’t need a QB or WR that really narrows our focus
Round 1 is thick at WR/QB/CB
Round 2 thick at Edge/CB/WR/OT
Round 3 thick RB/WR/Safety/OT/DT
Round 4 thick OT/WR/QB/Edge/LB

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like it checks out. Rodgers had a much tougher schedule though. I think only 4 games were against teams with a losing record (Det x2) and a few games against .500 teams.

I do recall Rodgers breaking his foot. I thought it was in the preseason. Do you know if that's the case? Thanks m.
No. What I recall is that in 2006 Favre got sacked near the end of the first half against the Pats who beat us like 35-0 that day. He did not come out for the second half. Rodgers was out there and we did not here anything about his foot until after the game. Favre, as usual, was back on the field the next week. And Rodgers did not see any more action that year.

Reaction score
There are so many direct and indirect similarities to young Rodgers. Although Rodgers Wideouts were a step up from Today. Also Rodgers OL was a little better imo. You can see it in this Turkey Day game in 2009 (his 2nd season as a starter)

Check out this game by copy paste in you tube

Woodson SHUTS DOWN Megatron! (Packers vs. Lions 2009, Week 12)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There are so many direct and indirect similarities to young Rodgers. Although Rodgers Wideouts were a step up from Today. Also Rodgers OL was a little better imo. You can see it in this Turkey Day game in 2009 (his 2nd season as a starter)

I miss the days of the fab 5. It was so fun to watch.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

3rd and ten few secs in 1st Rodgers under threw DD a tad . Should been a td

Reaction score
Was that the 70 air yards pass?
That one reminded me of a slightly longer version of Love to #9. Both Driver and Watson had to slow their route some. Although Rodgers pass was about 10 yards farther than Loves. His arm was amazing back then

Not meant to beat up on #12 at all, but similarly on Turkey day he got caught on a classic Strip Sack that cost direct points to Detroit. He also had another mid range (30 yards) throw that wasn’t anywhere near a WR. The main thing I noticed though (at a similar point of their careers) was Rodgers D basically gave him the ball in wonderful field position most of that 2009 Thanksgiving day with multiple INT. Williams, Collins and Mr #21 Woodson all had INT that ran our score up. I also felt like the obvious. 2nd year Aaron had just a fraction more zip (than 1st year Love) on his passes. A little crisper and his WR were a slight grade up in talent imo.

2 takes: I wouldn’t be opposed to feeding Love 1 more WR in that top 100 range (or better) that adds another dynamic. This upcoming draft is a VERY good (and thick) draft at the WR position.

We need 1-2 upgrades at OL, 1 more upper echelon WR and a young stud RB and we could be very, very good (and deep) by 2025

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see 8-9 and a young team with confidence building. Draft some impact/depth guys sign a wise free agent signings - I’m good with how things have panned out so far. We waited a year too long to cut Rodgers loose but thats better than 2 years too long.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they bring in a dependable steady vet WR this offseason. A year late but again better than 2 years late.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. What I recall is that in 2006 Favre got sacked near the end of the first half against the Pats who beat us like 35-0 that day. He did not come out for the second half. Rodgers was out there and we did not here anything about his foot until after the game. Favre, as usual, was back on the field the next week. And Rodgers did not see any more action that year.
Interesting history. I do recall the broken foot and thinking the guy is frail. I didn't recall the specifics but this makes more sense. My view on his frailty were fortunately misplaced. Aside from the broken clavicles and later a semi-chronic calf condition, he played very regularly through his career. Well, until he got to the Jets I guess.

I thought he had one season-ending injury. Maybe one of the clavicle breaks.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they bring in a dependable steady vet WR this offseason. A year late but again better than 2 years late.
Yeah even though the receivers are stepping up, I'm ok with this move in the offseason. I'm also ok if they take an impact player with the first pick if it's a top 10 pick. That seems unlikely. If they pick after #10, I'm inclined to bring in a stud OT. It's always about who is there when they pick. They could go S as well.

I guess the good news is the team is truly progressing over the last 3 or 4 games. 9 wins seems very possible.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting history. I do recall the broken foot and thinking the guy is frail. I didn't recall the specifics but this makes more sense. My view on his frailty were fortunately misplaced. Aside from the broken clavicles and later a semi-chronic calf condition, he played very regularly through his career. Well, until he got to the Jets I guess.

I thought he had one season-ending injury. Maybe one of the clavicle breaks.
The second one occurred in Minnesota. And after losing with Hundley they could have very well shut him down. They tried to bring him back with a few games left to try and save the season in Carolina. But he was not ready and rusty. The loss ended our hopes so they did shut him down and we closed it out in ugly fashion the final weeks of 2017.

Members online