The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man. We are covering a lot of ground in this thread.

I am impressed with Love's stats. I think he is doing better than many would believe, but not that good. Reading those stats I would expect our record to be better.

I keep thinking, with a stud OT from the draft, more experience with the receivers, and a healthy dynamic RB, we can be a force to be reckoned with next year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am impressed with Love's stats. I think he is doing better than many would believe, but not that good. Reading those stats I would expect our record to be better.

I keep thinking, with a stud OT from the draft, more experience with the receivers, and a healthy dynamic RB, we can be a force to be reckoned with next year.

Crazy thing is other than the Lion game every loss were of the close variety. I expected at this point with this young team a lot more games getting away from us....there is one thing Love has shown me that I wanted to see and that was the "never out of it, never rattled". Say everything you want about the young man, and yes there is negative which for sure is there...but dude clearly is about as chilled as a snowy morning always.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy thing is other than the Lion game every loss were of the close variety. I expected at this point with this young team a lot more games getting away from us....there is one thing Love has shown me that I wanted to see and that was the "never out of it, never rattled". Say everything you want about the young man, and yes there is negative which for sure is there...but dude clearly is about as chilled as a snowy morning always.
Absolutely!

Huge factor in the success of a QB - poise especially under pressure. The confidence spreads throughout the team and can be intimidating.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Crazy thing is other than the Lion game every loss were of the close variety.
I would argue that the MN game wasn't that close. Even losing by 14 didn't indicate how lopsided that game truly was.
I expected at this point with this young team a lot more games getting away from us....there is one thing Love has shown me that I wanted to see and that was the "never out of it, never rattled". Say everything you want about the young man, and yes there is negative which for sure is there...but dude clearly is about as chilled as a snowy morning always.
In some way's I wish he would get more fired up. I understand what you are saying though with emotional control.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Did any of those completions have air time of 30+ yards? For example, the Wicks catch and run was a lot of effort on the WR's part. I'd be curious to see how many of those completions were actually 30 yards and not a 7 yard catch that turned into a 30+ yard completion. I think it is fairly evident that Love needs to work on his deep ball. But hey, good for him. I do think that there is good progression during his season.
Its a nfl stat
Ask them?
Then go back and verify Rodgers deep balls were the same

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did any of those completions have air time of 30+ yards? For example, the Wicks catch and run was a lot of effort on the WR's part. I'd be curious to see how many of those completions were actually 30 yards and not a 7 yard catch that turned into a 30+ yard completion. I think it is fairly evident that Love needs to work on his deep ball. But hey, good for him. I do think that there is good progression during his season.

Our YAC yards don't jive with the concept the majority of his league leading 30+ yard completions are majority YAC yards.

Krabs

Reaction score
Its a nfl stat
Ask them?
Then go back and verify Rodgers deep balls were the same
I was genuinely asking. What does Rodgers have to do with it & why are you on me about any sort of comment I make about Love. It’s getting sickening.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was genuinely asking. What does Rodgers have to do with it & why are you on me about any sort of comment I make about Love. It’s getting sickening.

Because you express from posts an inability to see positive Love items, and nearly all Love discussions are negative or arguably might be in your opinion.

Just my guess to why he may feel that way if you are even right.

Krabs

Reaction score
Because you express from posts an inability to see positive Love items, and nearly all Love discussions are negative or arguably might be in your opinion.

Just my guess to why he may feel that way if you are even right.
This is incorrect. I just got done praising him after this last game. If people can’t see what he needs to work on then they’re blind. He clearly needs work on the long ball. Last game his longest pass was 26 yards. Any time he goes deep it’s short. Why’s that a bad thing to point out?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let us hope he can survive this season without injury. A devastated roster puts him in jeopardy as well. I do not want to see him take all those sacks or have to run for his life the last 7 games.

Krabs

Reaction score
Let us hope he can survive this season without injury. A devastated roster puts him in jeopardy as well. I do not want to see him take all those sacks or have to run for his life the last 7 games.
Head in a swivel & take off running in this game.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is incorrect. I just got done praising him after this last game. If people can’t see what he needs to work on then they’re blind. He clearly needs work on the long ball. Last game his longest pass was 26 yards. Any time he goes deep it’s short. Why’s that a bad thing to point out?
You asked, I gave a take on why possibly. Take it or leave it, is what it is.

Also I’d have to check next gen stats, I believe he had two throws in air over thirty.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did go deeper than thirty in the air twice.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpeg
    IMG_0411.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 36

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I did Rodgers....He was the qb here and it's an easier comparison.

If Rodgers bothers you for the comparison then use Brady, Wilson, Goeff, Mahomes or any other qb and see what the nfl says about their passes

That's the point. The stat pertains to every qb and Love is on top.

Ty was extacly right. You may feel your posts aren't skewed, but they are..You do not see it because your blinders are on.

Some one could post Love puts his milk in 1st then pours his cereal. You would find fault in how he pours it. That is how you exactly come across

And that is sickening

Krabs

Reaction score
I did Rodgers....He was the qb here and it's an easier comparison.

If Rodgers bothers you for the comparison then use Brady, Wilson, Goeff, Mahomes or any other qb and see what the nfl says about their passes

That's the point. The stat pertains to every qb and Love is on top.

Ty was extacly right. You may feel your posts aren't skewed, but they are..You do not see it because your blinders are on.

Some one could post Love puts his milk in 1st then pours his cereal. You would find fault in how he pours it. That is how you exactly come across

And that is sickening
You can straight kiss off man. All I wanted to do was talk some Packers. You're unreasonable and attacking. If you don't like someone's opinion you pull out the "mod" card. You're against any opinion but yours. You can pound sand for all I care.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You can straight kiss off man. All I wanted to do was talk some Packers. You're unreasonable and attacking. If you don't like someone's opinion you pull out the "mod" card. You're against any opinion but yours. You can pound sand for all I care.
Yeahhhh

Lol

I love it..

I post my personal thoughts and because you can't handle it you resort to lies

can you show me where I pulled a mod card on you?

Please?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Krabs, only ever shot ya straight, you guys just are absolute opposites on this - but he didn’t pull anything mod card wise.

All good man, forums you gotta expect disagreements.

Krabs

Reaction score
Krabs, only ever shot ya straight, you guys just are absolute opposites on this - but he didn’t pull anything mod card wise.

All good man, forums you gotta expect disagreements.
I’m a straight shooter too, but apparently that’s not okay if you don’t have the same opinion as @lifetimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pulling mod card???? I never warned. Never threatened... If I would. You wouldn't be posting.

I was posting to as a poster that thinks love can be good. You don't

Now some that I really can't have any convo with

I have shutlz on ignore..he just is rude and stirs crap on purpose

Krabs I won't. I do enjoy our debates. I'm sorry you feel way differently

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here’s one right here. I could find more. He’s already threatened to ban me. It’s his thoughts or no thoughts. Mod card played.
That's to schutz not you. I threatened to ban u?

I've been here for 15 years? And only one was banned for bad blood and that was many many years ago and that was okayd by all other mods at the time

Krabs

Reaction score
That's to schutz not you. I threatened to ban u?

I've been here for 15 years? And only one was banned for bad blood and that was many many years ago and that was okayd by all other mods at the time
Sure, it’s someone else, but you’ve done it to me as well.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, it’s someone else, but you’ve done it to me as well.
Show me how mod card you

There is a big difference to you and I having a different opinion and debating - compared to a poster who purposely is trying to **** me off by making digs in every post he makes

Yet he is still posting.. I just ignore him

Krabs

Reaction score
Look, here’s the real deal. Live has improved & I’ve admitted that. I’m glad about that. I don’t hate love as has been insinuated. I wish him all the best. I want the Packers QB to be awesome. I just think he’s middling & that doesn’t take a team to the promised land. His deep ball stinks. Regardless of the 30+ yard plays. That’s all yac. He clearly has problems throwing deep. Why’s that a bad take that I have blinders on for?

Members online