The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Look, here’s the real deal. Live has improved & I’ve admitted that. I’m glad about that. I don’t hate love as has been insinuated. I wish him all the best. I want the Packers QB to be awesome. I just think he’s middling & that doesn’t take a team to the promised land. His deep ball stinks. Regardless of the 30+ yard plays. That’s all yac. He clearly has problems throwing deep. Why’s that a bad take that I have blinders on for?
Not at all
Ill say you have started to warm up to love

I gave my opinion about your appearance to Love and TY mostly confirmed my thoughts.

And that's okay!! We are debating and I don't have issues personally with u.

If you feel I'm an *** I like to see what I did to YOU that I pulled mod card out

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, here’s the real deal. Live has improved & I’ve admitted that. I’m glad about that. I don’t hate love as has been insinuated. I wish him all the best. I want the Packers QB to be awesome. I just think he’s middling & that doesn’t take a team to the promised land. His deep ball stinks. Regardless of the 30+ yard plays. That’s all yac. He clearly has problems throwing deep. Why’s that a bad take that I have blinders on for?

ive already shared it isn’t all YAC, our team YAC numbers aren’t even anything special.

Next gen charts also show that of the top four QBs love and hurts throw a TON more deep balls than the others and both don’t even succeed half the time if memory serves.

His deep ball touch for sure is one area to improve on, but given his deep ball finesse in college and the beauty of some he has had, I don’t think it is an accuracy issue as much as timing for each receiver issue. Time hopefully will solve it.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
ive already shared it isn’t all YAC, our team YAC numbers aren’t even anything special.

Next gen charts also show that of the top four QBs love and hurts throw a TON more deep balls than the others and both don’t even succeed half the time if memory serves.

His deep ball touch for sure is one area to improve on, but given his deep ball finesse in college and the beauty of some he has had, I don’t think it is an accuracy issue as much as timing for each receiver issue. Time hopefully will solve it.
Yes, just get the ball out there. If you overthrow a WR it's on him. I agree, hopefully year two will solve that.

Krabs

Reaction score
You can straight kiss off man. All I wanted to do was talk some Packers. You're unreasonable and attacking. If you don't like someone's opinion you pull out the "mod" card. You're against any opinion but yours. You can pound sand for all I care.
This comment was over the line. I apologize openly to @longtimefan. I took it too personally. Also, this is after reflecting on my timeout from @Poppa San

Reaction score
Thanks for the leg work. I just can't confidently use just stats for these types of comparisons as the rules have changed in order to make the game more exciting and offense friendly IMO.
Imo. What you just said reminded me of a line from Uncle Eddie in Christmas Vacation. As I read that I seriously felt like Clark Griswold dissecting an Eddie-ism in real time. That actually reminded me of that scene where Eddie thanks Clark for taking him shopping and being so generous and then tells Clark to buy himself something REAL nice :laugh:

Happy Thanksgiving Schultz! Stay away from the Triptophan

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all
Ill say you have started to warm up to love

I gave my opinion about your appearance to Love and TY mostly confirmed my thoughts.

And that's okay!! We are debating and I don't have issues personally with u.

If you feel I'm an *** I like to see what I did to YOU that I pulled mod card out
Thursday may be the day we see our PSU QB. If we are behind enough in the second half there is no sense of risking Love. And a good time to give someone some PT.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday may be the day we see our PSU QB. If we are behind enough in the second half there is no sense of risking Love. And a good time to give someone some PT.
Wasn't Rodgers wounded in his first mop-up game? Broken foot [v Dallas?] if my Alzheimer's is not acting up.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Great points V and agree with all. I think they keep rebuilding as you suggest - seems like OL, S, RB, and maybe a top 10 Edge pick are in order for 2024. Maybe some of this can be had through FA, esp RB given the recent devaluation of the position. But the OL needs to return to excellent play.

As for the next Love contract, well that's gonna depend on how he finishes this year and how he plays in 2024. If he takes off, which I don't think is likely, extend him mid-season 2024. If he becomes a little more than a game manager, which is his ceiling IMO, then it's a much harder decision. If there is a lot of talent around him and the team is winning more than losing, sign him to a reasonable extension.

If the team falters badly, well then some really hard decisions have to be made, none of them good. IMO Love will not become a franchise QB. Others like Ty feel differently and I surely hope they're right.
As I was saying in the Bakh thread
I think JL10 has shown enough to get at least a 2nd tier level contract extension. The Giants skewed the value with Jones and that should be the upper end of what Love gets. The Goff / Carr contracts are to be expected. 4 years in the $140m range, $100m guaranteed in some manner. Maybe match Jalen Hurts for the next 4 years.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Rodgers wounded in his first mop-up game? Broken foot [v Dallas?] if my Alzheimer's is not acting up.
I believe Rodgers broke the foot against the Pats at Lambeau running out of bounds. I think he came out of the Cowboy game in one piece.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imo. What you just said reminded me of a line from Uncle Eddie in Christmas Vacation. As I read that I seriously felt like Clark Griswold dissecting an Eddie-ism in real time. That actually reminded me of that scene where Eddie thanks Clark for taking him shopping and being so generous and then tells Clark to buy himself something REAL nice :laugh:

Happy Thanksgiving Schultz! Stay away from the Triptophan
You crack me up!

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this:

Last three games
70/112 (63%)
879 yards
7 pass TD
2 INT
That’s good for a rating of 100.3

Take out the Steelers game, last two is…
49/72 (68%)
590 yards
5 pass TD
0 INT

Krabs

Reaction score
Yep, Love has killed it the last couple of games! Let’s go! Now it’s time to head towards a Black Friday hangover!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain’t no way right?

Anyone verify this? This last year or Rodgers first eleven?

Saw it on X:

Aaron Rodgers through his first 11 games:

2,599 passing yards
17 TD’s
9 INT’s
5-6 record

Jordan Love through his first 11 games:

2,599 passing yards
19 TD’s
10 INT’s
5-6 record

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now time to root against the cowgirls...

Ain’t no way right?

Saw it on X:

2,599 passing yards
17 TD’s
9 INT’s
5-6 record

2,599 passing yards
19 TD’s
10 INT’s
5-6 record
I guess this means Love will be traded to the Jets in 12 years or so.

Reaction score
Ain’t no way right?

Saw it on X:

2,599 passing yards
17 TD’s
9 INT’s
5-6 record

2,599 passing yards
19 TD’s
10 INT’s
5-6 record
That is an Interesting similarity. I suppose Rodgers had more experience, but also a tougher opponent schedule also.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain’t no way right?

Looks like it checks out. Rodgers had a much tougher schedule though. I think only 4 games were against teams with a losing record (Det x2) and a few games against .500 teams.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ain’t no way right?

Saw it on X:

2,599 passing yards
17 TD’s
9 INT’s
5-6 record

2,599 passing yards
19 TD’s
10 INT’s
5-6 record
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online