3. Peter Bowden LS

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They got nothing as far as a backup tackle goes...there has been chatter from people I know thru work, who are in the know about a reunion

Id love it...be cool for him to play with Rodgers and then win one with Love ala Chad Clifton for Favre and won one with Rodgers

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Offense (26)

Quaterback (2)
1. Jordan Love
2. Sean Clifford

PS 1. Michael Pratt

Running Back (4)
1. Josh Jacobs
2. Marshawn Lloyd
3. AJ Dillon
4. Emmanuel Wilson

Tight End (4)
1. Luke Musgrave
2. Tucker Kraft
3. Ben Sims
4. Tyler Davis

Wide Receiver (6)
1. Christian Watson
2. Romeo Doubs
3. Jayden Reed
4. Dontayvion Wicks
5. Bo Melton
6. Grant Dubose

Offensive Line (10)
1. Zach Tom
2. Elgton Jenkins
3. Jordan Morgan
4. Rasheed Walker
5. Josh Myers
6. Shawn Rhyan
7. Jacob Monk
8. Royce Newman
9. Kadeem Telfort
10. David Bakhtiari

Defense (24)

Safety (5)
1. Xavier Mckinney
2. Javon Bullard
3. Evan Williams
4. Anthony Johnson
5. Kitan Oladapo

Cornerback (6)
1. Jaire Alexander
2. Eric Stokes
3. Carrington Valentine
4. Keshion Nixon
5. Kalen King
6. Robert Rochell

Linebacker (5)
1. Quay Walker
2. Isiah McDuffie
3. Edgerrin Copper
4. Tyron Hopper
5. Eric Wilson

Defensive Line (8)
1. Rashan Gary
2. Lucas Van Ness
3. TJ Slaton
4. Devonte Wyatt
5. Preston Smith
6. Jonathan Ford
7. Karl Brooks
8. Colby Wooden

Special Teams (3)
1. Anders Carlson K
2. Daniel Whelan P
3. Peter Bowden LS
Clark instead of Ford, don't know who Enegbare replaces (Rochelle? or Sims?) and Dillard instead of DB69. Absolutely nobody has offered him a dime.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Present mindset

Offense (25)

Quaterback (2)
1. Jordan Love
2. Michael Pratt
*I predict we trade for a veteran...think Heinicki or sign a veteran FA after rosters set.

Running Back (4)
1. Josh Jacobs
2. Marshawn Lloyd
3. AJ Dillon
4. Emmanuel Wilson
(Lloyd I predict goes PUP after making 53)

Tight End (3)
1. Luke Musgrave
2. Tucker Kraft
3. Ben Sims
(Wilson or Davis brought back to PS)

Wide Receiver (6)
1. Christian Watson
2. Romeo Doubs
3. Jayden Reed
4. Dontayvion Wicks
5. Bo Melton
6. Malik Heath

Offensive Line (10)
1. Zach Tom
2. Elgton Jenkins
3. Jordan Morgan
4. Rasheed Walker
5. Josh Myers
6. Seann Rhyan
7. Jacob Monk
8. Andre Dillard
9. Travis Glover
10. Donovan Jennings

Defense (26)

Safety (6)
1. Xavier Mckinney
2. Javon Bullard
3. Evan Williams
4. Anthony Johnson
5. Kitan Oladapo
6. Zayne Anderson

Cornerback (6)
1. Jaire Alexander
2. Eric Stokes
3. Carrington Valentine
4. Keshion Nixon
5. Kalen King
6. Corey Ballentine

Linebacker (5)
1. Quay Walker
2. Isiah McDuffie
3. Edgerrin Copper
4. Tyron Hopper
5. Eric Wilson

Defensive Line (9)
1. Rashan Gary
2. Kenny Clark
3. Lucas Van Ness
4. TJ Slaton
5. Devonte Wyatt
6. Preston Smith
7. Karl Brooks
8. Colby Wooden
9. Kingsley Enagbare

Special Teams (2)
1. Greg Joseph K
2. Daniel Whelan P

(once we PUP place Lloyd we resign Bowden)

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clark instead of Ford, don't know who Enegbare replaces (Rochelle? or Sims?) and Dillard instead of DB69. Absolutely nobody has offered him a dime.

Forgot about him...maybe Rochell

Dillard is terrible, could find someone better on the street. No way he can be the swing tackle

DB69 is obviously a pipe dream...point is even in whatever condition hes in...hes better than Dillard

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh wow forgot Kenny Clark too smh

Clark replaces Ford
Enagbare knocks Tyler Davis off the roster

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heath instead of DuBose? He's been that much better or the experience from last season gives him the extra .000534 points he needs.

Resign someone not currently on the roster or did you mean Orzech?
.000534 points. Are you an Olympic gymnastics judge or something. Does that mean Heath will have to give back his 6th place medal. What are 6th place medals made out of anyway? Aluminum? Maybe that shiny stuff sticks of gum are wrapped in.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see Dubose missing out on a roster spot and I dont see the Packers keeping more than 6

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see Dubose missing out on a roster spot and I dont see the Packers keeping more than 6
If it meant cutting Davis to keep Melton, Dubose and Heath; I would do it. We had two of the top 4 out at the same time last year. Not to mention Dubose. Melton looks iffy right now but I think that will change when Love is throwing to him.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If it meant cutting Davis to keep Melton, Dubose and Heath; I would do it. We had two of the top 4 out at the same time last year. Not to mention Dubose. Melton looks iffy right now but I think that will change when Love is throwing to him.
I expect Melton and Heath to regress to mean which implies we should get the one year wonder out of Dubose. And maybe Toure. There is a reason these guys were all late day 3 or UDFA.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Melton and Heath to regress to mean which implies we should get the one year wonder out of Dubose. And maybe Toure. There is a reason these guys were all late day 3 or UDFA.
Kind of cynical. :) I think Heath and Dubose have a lot of athleticism and very good hands. I'll have to see about Melton but he looked very good over the middle of the field last year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So while I don't disagree with this take personally on Heath, let's unpack these four guys and why the prospect scout guy in me sees validity in what Poppa San is saying potentially.

Heath - Heath was a main dog at Ole Miss in 2022...but to be fair he played two years at Mississippi State and despite being active in 10 and 11 games never broke 450 yards in either season....now that said Jonathan Mingo was there as well (ftr Heath out produced Mingo in yards, receptions and tied for receiving TDs). However, a lot more is known about what Heath might be both because of playing at a higher level SEC conference but also the team got a LOT of looks at him last year...

Melton - Melton played FIVE years in college and his best year was his 2020 where he put up 638 yards / 6 TDs and chipped in 2 TDs and 69 yards rushing on 6 attempts. Unlike Malik, Melton does possess a skill that cannot be coached and that is speed of a special level (4.34)...but again Melton from a receiving perspective might be a gamer, but five years in college and now a few years in the pro's he isn't a guy that can win a ton of 1v1 matchups...scheme, motion and playcalls to work the ball into his hands make him special. You keep Melton if you envision him being your motion type guy and such, but I think most realize Melton's ceiling is likely WR4 type...

Samori Toure - The reason why you might bet on Toure is the fact you're talking about a SMALL school guy (Montana) which transferred and played at a "bigger" school in Nebraska (which seriously many would say was a slight downgrade program wise LOL). However, essentially this cat lit it up at Nebraska despite the team being bad, and has fulfilled his obligations in the depth he has been placed at in 2022 and 2023...the crazy thing is he has only seen just over 100 snaps both years and yet has 13 catches for 160 yards and a TD with about four games worth of snaps. If you happen to watch just him specifically Toure has been sharp at the limited times they've asked him to play offensive snaps - he has a better body lean to push separation through a break than some possess and who knows maybe this small school cat is ready to finally break through....which is tough to imagine with the stacked depth chart ahead of him. He is a very elite type RAS athlete which many forget and he can scoot too.

Grant DuBose - Grant is a lot like Heath, neither are that niche type WR (like I see Melton) but is a guy that is used to being an alpha, and could rise to be a legit WR2 if progression keeps happening. Unlike Heath however, DuBose is coming from far lesser competition which sometimes squelches a guys ability to shine that first season because they're trying to just keep head above water. Many already know he comes from a small school in Charlotte but folks that was just his last two years....this cat started at Division II Miles College his freshman year....covid stole Div II season his sophomore season...he got accepted to transfer to Charlotte where he put up 892 yards on 62 receptions and 6 TDs that first year and did 792 / 64 / 9 his final year. RAS of 8.79 Dubose is that Packer type receiver build if you punched in tendencies and hit enter. This young man has fought from zero star to a Div II spot, turned that into a spot for Charlotte...was seen as UDFA by many and pushed to be drafted.....didn't make roster last year and is pushing to now....Folks that fight mixed with measurables is where amazing stories lie. He arguably has the most untapped potential but possibly even the most unrealized or known too...

Reaction score
.000534 points. Are you an Olympic gymnastics judge or something. Does that mean Heath will have to give back his 6th place medal. What are 6th place medals made out of anyway? Aluminum? Maybe that shiny stuff sticks of gum are wrapped in.
Pretty funny. Maybe Give that man a Ribbon. PB&R!

U.P. Packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Present mindset

Offense (25)

Quaterback (2)
1. Jordan Love
2. Michael Pratt
*I predict we trade for a veteran...think Heinicki or sign a veteran FA after rosters set.

Running Back (4)
1. Josh Jacobs
2. Marshawn Lloyd
3. AJ Dillon
4. Emmanuel Wilson
(Lloyd I predict goes PUP after making 53)

Tight End (3)
1. Luke Musgrave
2. Tucker Kraft
3. Ben Sims
(Wilson or Davis brought back to PS)

Wide Receiver (6)
1. Christian Watson
2. Romeo Doubs
3. Jayden Reed
4. Dontayvion Wicks
5. Bo Melton
6. Malik Heath

Offensive Line (10)
1. Zach Tom
2. Elgton Jenkins
3. Jordan Morgan
4. Rasheed Walker
5. Josh Myers
6. Seann Rhyan
7. Jacob Monk
8. Andre Dillard
9. Travis Glover
10. Donovan Jennings

Defense (26)

Safety (6)
1. Xavier Mckinney
2. Javon Bullard
3. Evan Williams
4. Anthony Johnson
5. Kitan Oladapo
6. Zayne Anderson

Cornerback (6)
1. Jaire Alexander
2. Eric Stokes
3. Carrington Valentine
4. Keshion Nixon
5. Kalen King
6. Corey Ballentine

Linebacker (5)
1. Quay Walker
2. Isiah McDuffie
3. Edgerrin Copper
4. Tyron Hopper
5. Eric Wilson

Defensive Line (9)
1. Rashan Gary
2. Kenny Clark
3. Lucas Van Ness
4. TJ Slaton
5. Devonte Wyatt
6. Preston Smith
7. Karl Brooks
8. Colby Wooden
9. Kingsley Enagbare

Special Teams (2)
1. Greg Joseph K
2. Daniel Whelan P

(once we PUP place Lloyd we resign Bowden)
I was reading somewhere last night that teams can put 2 players on the recallable IR list BEFORE the cut down date this year without them counting against the roster at that time.

Reaction score
Has QB Clifford shown enough in Year 2 to assume the role of our backup QB?? While I don’t like moving on from players too quickly (some grow at a slower pace or blossom a year or 2 later) I do have concerns about Clifford getting thrust into the starting lineup for any length of time. If we were in rebuild status this wouldn’t even be a proposed question, but should we be looking around the league for a QB2 with more experience and a better track record?
I’m not suggesting Tannenhill (I think he’s an average to lower starter and guessing he will hold out for $10m+) but there’s several teams where their 3rd QB is better than our 2nd and at little financial cost.
For me. I’d like to see Clifford show something in our last Preseason game. He’s hit a plateau from coming off his Rookie season and I’d argue has regressed some.

Last edited:

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has QB Clifford shown enough in Year 2 to assume the role of our backup QB??

I was lukewarm at best before I watched Mike Wahle's breakdown of the game. His opinion, which I know agree with, is that yes, Clifford had the fumble and those two deep shots were missed, but the fumble could easily be on the center (likely based on the first step) and the two deep shots were the right decision.

So, maybe?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We went with Clifford last year as a rookie. I'm thinking go with Pratt this year. This last game will be interesting in seeing the poise and throwing ability of the two. It would be nice to be able to compare apples to apples. Switching series is not ideal but if you did it almost the whole game; it could show more than going out there with different receivers and O linemen.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was lukewarm at best before I watched Mike Wahle's breakdown of the game. His opinion, which I know agree with, is that yes, Clifford had the fumble and those two deep shots were missed, but the fumble could easily be on the center (likely based on the first step) and the two deep shots were the right decision.

So, maybe?
Is that on Youtube? Sounds worth a look, thanks for the headsup.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally suspect neither of these two are our QB2 by week six
That's an interesting insight. Do you have any speciic names in mind, or do you think it's more of a flexible scenario depending journeyman quarterbacks happen tp be available at that stage of the season?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Clifford isn't QB2 next Tuesday

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts