Studs & Duds - Arizona

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs - Entire Team
Duds - Not enough running the ball at a couple times in the game.
Game Thread's perpetual whiny bags who were no shows because there were very few opportunities to enter the scene.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
All the talk about Kyler Murray Running all week.
7 Carried for 14.0 yards (2.0 per)

Run D really stepped up
I suspect the game plan was to lock him up in the pocket and force them to find someone else to beat us. That roster of theirs doesn't look very good. We made them look like the total chumps I think they really are.

Last edited:

DigRun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to have a "low-stress" Sunday again! Not watching the Vikings do good, Pack takes care of business pretty much all game. Love uses lots of looks and weapons today on offense to keep the Cards off balance...keep running the ball this year! It just makes the passing game better when we need it. AZ penalties really crimped their ability to get in synch.

Duds...having to reach more today, but Narveson needs a game without misses to help both himself and the naysayers.
No sacks today, but Murray never seemed too comfortable either. I'm glad for the fumble recoveries as they stopped AZ from fully getting back into the game after a slow start...but this one could have been much closer as they were near the red zone on the last 2 and came away empty. Hope that we can win games straight up without a +2 TO advantage going forward. Next week should be a good litmus test if we are going to get back into the division and top tier NFC conversations. One more...J Love don't get into the habit of blocking downfield! GPG...

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Defense showed up when they needed to. Runs defense was more solid than usual. Made Murray look like the pop warner qb he is. Cooper and Williams..they are gonna be something!
Offense..not many penalties. Line blocked well. Young wrs stepping up. Our 2 study rbs played well. Love played 1 of his best games.
Nixons solid return set up a much needed td.

Duds: Our kicker, hopefully he gets it together, gonna need him down the stretch. Dline with zero? Sacks..that needs to change

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Studs:
1. The balanced Offense, J Love looked like end of 2023 season Love, and the OL leading the way to 179 yds rushing, no sacks allowed.
2. Run defense, Less than 4 yds/att, and limiting Murray to just 14 yds rushing.
3. Romeo Doubs ability to stay inbounds on both of his TD catches.

Duds:
1. Narv missing a kick again this week. 2 weeks in a row of no misses, would have helped calm the masses. Not sure he survives much longer.
2. Inability to shut down Trey McBride (TE) 8 catches on 8 targets, 96 yds
3. I got nothing else, this was a both sides of the ball team win.

Reaction score
Stud:
D being a turnover machine.
3 FF (Kenny, Karl, J’aire)
I’ll be really excited when we get Wyatt back in the next couple of weeks to compliment our DL.

Stud:
Hafley’s game plan. Playing contain does not Score Style points, but it absolutely worked. The only thing I’d deduct is for him rushing 3 DL and allowing Murray all day to pick us apart for that 20+ TD.

Stud:
Defense Quietly sneaking into top #8 in scoring.

Fun Fact:
The 4 NFC North teams have a good chance at ALL finishing as Top 10 Defenses simultaneously. Currently rankings, however Detroit is making a push to pass us up today.
Minnesota #4
Chicago #5
GB #8
Detroit #10

If Dallas doesn’t score 20 points total then Detroit will leapfrog GB and bump us to #9.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Love- spectacular performance. His first td throw was a thing of beauty. Held on to the ball and released it at the perfect angle.
Watson- different offense when he's in there. Nobody could run with him on his long td.
Wilson- getting tough extra yards. Develop
Williams and Bullard- not playing like rookies.
Duds- whoever was covering Trey McBride
Narveson- Another miss on a very makeable fg.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs -everybody
Duds- nobody
Most complete game of the season. Now it gets tough Texans and Lions next

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions are for real. Cowboys are also rans an pretenders. But Greeny and company will still be devoting half their show to them every freaking day.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Defense showed up when they needed to. Runs defense was more solid than usual. Made Murray look like the pop warner qb he is. Cooper and Williams..they are gonna be something!
Offense..not many penalties. Line blocked well. Young wrs stepping up. Our 2 study rbs played well. Love played 1 of his best games.
Nixons solid return set up a much needed td.

Duds: Our kicker, hopefully he gets it together, gonna need him down the stretch. Dline with zero? Sacks..that needs to change
If you can pressure the QB and make him uncomfortable that is almost as good.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lions are for real. Cowboys are also rans an pretenders. But Greeny and company will still be devoting half their show to them every freaking day.
Speaking of the Cowboys, I've been hanging out at their FanZone. Most think McCarthy should and will be fired tomorrow. It's rats deserting the sinking ship over there. Quite amusing to witness actually.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Entire Team
Duds - Not enough running the ball at a couple times in the game.
Game Thread's perpetual whiny bags who were no shows because there were very few opportunities to enter the scene.
I have a beef with Jaire. At 24-0 we run Murray out of bounds and it is 3rd and 5 and we have them chasing their tail. But he commits a penalty AFTER the play for 15 yards! Stupid. It jump started Arizona. Grow up, Jaire!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of the Cowboys, I've been hanging out at their FanZone. Most think McCarthy should and will be fired tomorrow. It's rats deserting the sinking ship over there. Quite amusing to witness actually.
Well, they fire Saleh just like that. 6 starters out. I think Jerry will shop but not pull the plug yet. He does not like interim coaches that much. However, recall in 2010 when Romo was out and Kitna took his place. The Boys came into Lambeau on SNF and were routed by Clay Matthews and Co. Jerry was so embarrassed he fired Wade Phillips.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he isn't going to make it through the season. Can't blame injuries as they stunk before the injuries. They just look so diaorganized.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't see the game but one dud stuck out in my mind after looking at the box score.

Got to give one Xavier McKinney. What the heck dude no interceptions today?

Just kidding obviously sounds like it was a good game to watch. Only liking the turnovers from this defense is producing. Although one article I read on nfl.com said something to the effect that two of the fumble recoveries came in garbage time as if that somehow made them less important. Forcing two turnovers while your opponent is driving isn't that what keeps it garbage time.

Reaction score
Although one article I read on nfl.com said something to the effect that two of the fumble recoveries came in garbage time as if that somehow made them less important
True that. I couldn’t remember so I looked. 2 Forced Fumbled happened in the 3rd Quarter when it was 13-31. Definitely NOT a contest that was decided. 1 came with 5 minutes left and like you said it was still important as it put the game away for all practical purposes.
Loved how our Defense finished
Fumble
Fumble
Fumble

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lions for real... so are we. And they still have a coach who makes dumb decisions in close games. That dumb **** would go for 2 in a tie game with no time left on the clock instead of kicking the EP.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions for real... so are we. And they still have a coach who makes dumb decisions in close games. That dumb **** would go for 2 in a tie game with no time left on the clock instead of kicking the EP.
I have the sense that GB is slowly and methodically fixing problem areas as they go along. Narveson is becoming a very reliable PK. I have much more confidence is our DEF schemes this year vs last yr. Even in the Minn game where they whacked us for 28 pts in the first half, the 2nd half was almost a complete shutdown of the vikes where they managed a lone FG and if narveson had fixed his approach issues BEFORE the minn game we would have won that game too.
Its starting to become obvious we are in one on the toughest divisions in the league this year. Every team is good but I feel we can go toe to toe with anyone. The only thing that could derail us is injuries.

Members online

No members online now.