Breaking Down the NFC North, 2024

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. We really haven’t even cleaned things up yet.

The Packers are tied (Cleveland) for the 4th most penalties (34).
GB is tied at #1 (Seattle) for the MOST Offensive Holding penalties (9). O Holding our primary culprit.
GB has the #8 most penalty yards

Packers #8 most penalty yardage
Detroit #5
Chicago #13
Minnesota #19

Penalties need to be a focus
FWIW (and this is controversial), the starters need to get more snaps in the pre-season.

Each year features a different group of players, and this affects the linemen most IMO. That accounts in part for the poor communication, holding and offsides penalties. I'm not talking about playing them for very long - maybe the fist two series each game - so they learn how to play together. Someone made a point in the JS that blocking for Aaron Jones is a lot different than blocking for Josh Jacobs. So, practice together in a PS game.

I know the #1 objection is risking injury in a meaningless game. But PS games aren't meaningless, and if not playing the starters contributes to losses in the first month - well then I say play them in the PS.

I recall Jordy Nelson tearing an ACL on a non-contact play in PS. Rodgers was massively pissed. (Well so was I.....) This was a long time ago. And since then, or so it seems, the starters haven't taken snaps in the PS, with the exception of the first series of the last PS game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not concerned about winning the division. I just want to win each game and get into the playoffs. Normally I would not feel this way. But this year I say keep your eyes on the big prize. If we do win the division...great.

Members online