Studs & Duds - Arizona

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lions for real... so are we. And they still have a coach who makes dumb decisions in close games. That dumb **** would go for 2 in a tie game with no time left on the clock instead of kicking the EP.
They were still running razzle dazzle gadget plays and passing on the Cowboys late in a game that was way out of hand. I'd imagine that others around the league will take notice and I'm expecting that there will be repercussions. Every dog has its day.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, he isn't going to make it through the season. Can't blame injuries as they stunk before the injuries. They just look so diaorganized.
They are a psychological train wreck. Their high paid stars are mentally weak individuals which means their owner loves them and coddles them. Doesn't look good for the future in Dallas. Washington has the mojo but I don't know if they have the depth to make it through the back half of the season.

Last edited:

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: A much better attack on both sides of the ball. Will need that to win division.

Dud and stud: place kicker. Not out of the woods yet but doesn't hurt to bring potential kickers in.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud and stud: place kicker. Not out of the woods yet but doesn't hurt to bring potential kickers in.
We should have 1-2 kickers in here every week, pushing Narveson and giving us options. The honeymoon period is over where he gets Gutekunst's total confidence.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were still running razzle dazzle gadget plays and passing on the Cowboys late in a game that was way out of hand. I'd imagine that others around the league will take notice and I'm expecting that there will be repercussions. Every dog has its day.
Well, "karma" certainly bit them in the *** late in the game, didn't it?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stud: Packers soon to be new kicker, Chad Ryland. Once Prater is healthy enough to kick, I think we see the Packers either trading for Ryland or snagging him off of the Cardinals PS. Sadly, the Packers had Ryland in for a tryout a few weeks ago and they didn't sign him.

It appears that Narveson lacks any kind of confidence and I guess I can't blame him given that he has missed a lot of kicks. Time to let him figure it out, away from GB.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that was brutal.

*****WARNING*****For those who faint at the sight of injuries, don't watch.

He broke both the tibia and fibula. Brutal injury. Hate to see that, especially to a guy who plays so hard. Reports are they inserted a metal rod into his leg. Recovery is 6 to 8 months according to the latest reports by Adam Schecter. In that case, at least it's not a career ending injury and he should be ready for next season. Huge loss for the Lions.

Reaction score
I’ll share more but he is worthy of this.

Doubs - STUD

Someday we will learn the hurdle this has been for him.
Yeah. I think this was a turning point. Momentum works both ways and this was a huge opportunity to give him a chance to push past all the speculation. Winning fixes everything

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud:Evan Williams high football IQ. Reminds me of Micah Hyde ..but maybe a bit more physical. Who are some other comps he might compare to? Anybody...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Stud: DC Jeff Hafley for continuing to do something that previous Packer DC's seemed to struggle doing, making good halftime adjustments. We saw it in the Vikings and Rams game too. The way that the 1st half ended yesterday and knowing that the Cardinals were going to get the 2nd half kickoff concerned me, even with a 14 point lead.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has posted it, but it appears that the Packers dodged another injury bullet with Wicks.

Fox Sports insider Jordan Schultz provided an update on Wicks' status, detailing that the receiver had an MRI on his shoulder and is considered week-to-week after avoiding a serious injury.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Stud:Evan Williams high football IQ. Reminds me of Micah Hyde ..but maybe a bit more physical. Who are some other comps he might compare to? Anybody...
Those types of traits are the same I see in Antoine Winfield and Budda Baker but Williams has a ways to go in terms of game by game consistency but I sure do like his current track. Aggressive and confident.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Stud: DC Jeff Hafley for continuing to do something that previous Packer DC's seemed to struggle doing, making good halftime adjustments. We saw it in the Vikings and Rams game too. The way that the 1st half ended yesterday and knowing that the Cardinals were going to get the 2nd half kickoff concerned me, even with a 14 point lead.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241014_155733_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20241014_155733_X.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 15

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MORE importantly Evan and his play is going to accomplish what I have wanted for a LONG time - Bullard in the slot more and closer to the ball and Nixon NOT that position.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Packers soon to be new kicker, Chad Ryland. Once Prater is healthy enough to kick, I think we see the Packers either trading for Ryland or snagging him off of the Cardinals PS. Sadly, the Packers had Ryland in for a tryout a few weeks ago and they didn't sign him.

It appears that Narveson lacks any kind of confidence and I guess I can't blame him given that he has missed a lot of kicks. Time to let him figure it out, away from GB.
This is hard to swallow but the data clearly shows The only way our kicking situation is going to improve is if narveson improves. As of oct 14th narveson ranks 33rd out of 33 qualifying kickers in FG %. The guy they had in camp, greg joseph ranks 32nd out of 33 kickers. There are no kickers available that would be any better including Ryland. The only other option would be to try out alex hale, the rookie kicker on the practice squad. We have what We have. At least narveson is better than the guy we had last year who was bad in both FG% and XPs.

Members online

No members online now.