Packers vs Broncos Pre Season Game #2 Thread

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
The NFL hopefuls head to the mile high city in hopes they make a sizeable impression.

I really hope DeBouse continues to make his case to get a spot on the final 53.

I wonder if Love will have any playing time tonight.

Reaction score
Those are Denver’s 1st team against our B team just fyi. Nix to Williams
Barton Singleton Browning on D all Denver Starters.
I heard the announcer say it doesn’t matter in evaluating. But it absolutely matters imo

Nice to see LB Hopper out there

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
These Denver commentators are just bad.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not concerned about any of this cuz it's just preseason and it's basically our backups going against their starters in the first quarter. But I'm not seeing anything good. We've got some offensive lineman vying for starting jobs and they look like crap. Van Ness looks like just another guy. I'll see if they can get their act together by September 6th

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see much to evaluate. I saw a lot of crap. 1 downs by penalty and a scramble. Same on D. This is the reason I don't care for preseason games. You pay a lot to see crap.

Reaction score
The announcers are unreal. I know they want Denver to do well all season. But that first half has nearly -0% bearing on the entire season. These are grandiose proclamations they are making to “feel good” about Denver.
You had A team Denver against B/C Packers for 60% of that first half. Clifford led the TE, who btw looked like he didn’t want to be out there both during and after the INT. Clifford got rattled on a helmet to helmet on the preceding play. Just not a good series but it’s a total overreaction.

My question is where are our CB’s??? I see WR’s running loose into zone coverage by mostly Safeties. Our CB’s play up and then run backwards 10 yards off into zone? It’s almost the exact opposite of what we said we’d do. Maybe just not showing our cards I guess

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is embarassing, but I think I understand the logic behind it.

I guess the coaching staff knew going into it that the 2nd stringers were going to be ragdolled, but felt that it was important to give some of the marginal backups (guys with very few NFL snaps and no real game tape) a chance to step up and make some plays, show a little potential. We already know what the first team can do, but we have such a huge logjam of unknown players that we're going to need to make decisions on soon - but no real information on which to base those decisions.

I suppose LaFleur and Gute decided to write this game off, throw the kids to the wolves and see if any of them can rise to the opccasion. Who knows - maybe even draw a trade offer.

And Malik Heath is looking pretty good, so he's making the most of it, and Ben Sims had some good snaps and a nice reception. Grant Dubose and Bo Melton? Not so much. We'll see how they do in the second half, but so far neither has met the epectations some of us may have had from their previous opportunities.

Emmanuel Wilson cooled down a bit tonight, but we'll see how he does in the second. He's not getting much blocking help, though, so maybe it's a wash.

Reaction score
I wish MLf would stop running pass plays behind LOS with WR or RB covered up. Throw it 5 yards what are you afraid of?

Seems like it’s raining also. Ball Might be a little slippery. We just seem not synchronized. A few good D splash plays sprinkled in. Our run game has been pretty stale overall. Gotta be able to run some

Reaction score
Brenton Cox showed up to play. Gets a Sack and QB hit there. 2nd n 20

Ty’ron Hopper put a total lick on that RB. THAT guys looks the part. Im not used to seeing that type aggression. Hopper back to back tackles forced a punt. He plays big it’s very apparent

Starting to see B on B and so far our D is winning. Our O is disjointed so far

Reaction score
Merriweather just hammered that LB. 6’1 222lb he’s a hammer.

That last 3 points was on our O.
Our B team Defense held to stops on
3 straight possessions.

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question is where are our CB’s??? I see WR’s running loose into zone coverage by mostly Safeties. Our CB’s play up and then run backwards 10 yards off into zone? It’s almost the exact opposite of what we said we’d do. Maybe just not showing our cards I guess

If that's their reasoning, I don't agree with it. This is still a brand new defensiive scheme and a brand new defensive coordinator, and too many new defensive backs who still have a lot to learn and only a couple more weeks to master it. I think they need all the practice they can get.

Another really disappointing thing about this is that we've pissed away a precious opportunity to evaluate the kickers. We're not going to be any closer to having the answer to that question tonight than we were a week ago.

LaFleur should have worked out a deal with Payton - "we'll play our 2nd and 3rd strng all night, but every time you guys kick a field goal or extra point, you have to let our guys kick it."

Reaction score
At least got some movement by the Offense tonight. O holding call stalled that drive

Crappy Kick by Joseph it wasn’t even close

Reaction score
We look terrible in short yardage. We can’t get 2 feet. Poor run blocking gotta win the trenches.
Very uninspiring by our B team Offense
Almost looks like we don’t want to be there on O upfront

Reaction score
This is it. Will it be an Offensive shutout? Getting spanked on O. Denver’s backups came to play

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish MLf would stop running pass plays behind LOS with WR or RB covered up. Throw it 5 yards what are you afraid of?

Thought Stenavich was calling plays tonight.

Not making any grandiose predictions on the upcoming season any more than I was with the game last week. Or next week.

I will say I'm not sure our week 1 kicker is on the team right now. Seems like a competition to see who sucks less.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts