Packers vs Broncos Pre Season Game #2 Thread

Reaction score
I also distinctly remember one trait Favre had. That first series or two he would overthrow players quite often. Until he settled in and lost the nerves. Now if he was throwing a bomb, such as to Freeman, he could do that because he just hurled it.

I guess what I’m saying is it’s not that uncommon to throw with a little too much emotion backing those passes early on. I will say several throws Pratt did into tight coverage, but the Defender won the contested. Receivers need to expect that and fight a little more, like Doubs does he’s great at contested.
Also if we recall, Clifford very nearly had a big play (twice). One touched the tip of his receivers hands (Heath?)for what would’ve been 3-7 points. The other was a near perfect pass that the Defender made a good play on by deflecting it and an easy FG worst case.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me of the people who say Caitlin Clark should slow down her passes so the other players can handle them. Elevate your game.
Yeah whether it's the WNBA, the NFL, MLB to an extent, NBA, MLH - speed is king at the highest level of most any pro sport. Learn to deal with it or get a day job like the rest of us.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't throw the ball as fast as you can when someone is relatively close and open. What is difficult to understand about that? I think he throws the football a little faster than Clark passes a basketball though I admit she has raised the level. It's not a condemnation of Pratt. But the idea is to complete the pass. It just shows poise and having things under control when you throw the ball appropriately. If a guy is, for instance, coming across the middle wide open; just lead him and put the ball in his hands.

Reaction score
I don’t know if this is relevant here. But my middle name is Caitlin and I throw left handed and soft. I mean.
if I could be of any help just ask

(I hear the ghost of Vince Lombardi screaming at me… or it might be Archie Bunker..hold on!!)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't throw the ball as fast as you can when someone is relatively close and open. What is difficult to understand about that? I think he throws the football a little faster than Clark passes a basketball though I admit she has raised the level. It's not a condemnation of Pratt. But the idea is to complete the pass. It just shows poise and having things under control when you throw the ball appropriately. If a guy is, for instance, coming across the middle wide open; just lead him and put the ball in his hands.
Correct. I think that's referred to as "touch". A successful pass requires the speed, arc, and rotation (ideally a spiral) to get too its target. Favre threw very ******* occasion to accomplish just that. Catching a pass like that requires the skill of a WR in the NFL. And every receiver on a roster in the NFL should be able to make such a catch.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agree.

All about timing and putting a ball into a place where a receiver has the best chance of catching it. Yes, sometimes a laser missile is the only pass that will make it through 3 defenders and provides the best chance of success. However, as you pointed out, sometimes it takes a perfect **** shot over the middle, to a guy that needs time to react and be fully open.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts