CeeDee Lamb a Green Bay Packer <trade proposal>

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I click-baited all of you! Check out this IMO ridiculous trade proposal offered up by some sportswriter: Packers get CeeDee Lamb in exchange for Jayden Reed a 2025 2nd Round pick, and either Christian Watson or Romeo Daubs. He thinks that this is potentially fair for both sides. I can't be the only Packers fan that thinks this is beyond ridiculous. There is NO WAY we would trade away two rising stars and a draft pick to get a 5th yr option WR.

This one got my blood boiling. I shouldn't have fallen for the click-bait. Tag, you're it.

If you want to read the whole article, go for it:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers offense would be worse off AND paying far far far far more salary.

These folks who think the Packers need a #1 WR are unfamiliar with the Packers offense.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Talk about your mean-spirited post - you about gave this old guy a stroke.

That would be a hard NO from me too.

While talented, I'll grant you that, something in the back of my mind tells me that Lamb has pointed to the name on the back of his jersey once or twice after scoring.

I kind of like the fact that our young guys haven't developed a "ME" mind set.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I quit reading these "what if's" a long time ago, when I came to the realization these people making the suggestions are pure idiots, and clueless about the relative value of players.

Like mentioned, it's all "click bait" garbage to draw us in. They like to make it sound like the trade is actually being considered.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the cowboys would break speed records jumping at that trade.

Same guy proposed the cowboys trade Lamb to the Steelers for George Pickens and a second rounder. That would make more sense for both sides especially if the steelers would be willing to pony up for a new contract for Lamb.

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t like that deal either. We have likely the best depth at WR in over a decade. Either Doubs or Reed could break out at any time. It wouldn’t make sense.

I almost say breaking up this WR grouping could be harmful to the team. We are just finally getting synchronized on Offense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This group won't and shouldn't be broke up this year. There begins to be serious merit to the logic potentially for Gute to move someone next off season or right at beginning of the 2025 season. Log jams are real and hopefully that is what we have forming in our WR room.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t like that deal either. We have likely the bestwe depth at WR in over a decade. Either Doubs or Reed could break out at any time. It wouldn’t make sense.

I almost say breaking up this WR grouping could be harmful to the team. We are just finally getting synchronized on Offense.
There really is no downside to our WR room unless you consider their inexperience and lack of multi year production. Most teams have a clear #1 and we don't but I don't think that is because we don't have 1 or 2 or even 3 that could be. Its because none have been around long enough IMO to establish themselves as one and the talent of the other guys preventing someone from needing to step into that role. I'm sure we have a few that would welcome that challenge and that role but even better we seem to have a group that realizes we don't need to have one and all are happy to be part of what we do have. Thats not saying it couldn't change but for now I am looking forward to not knowing which WR is going to ball out in any given game but I am confident that at least one will

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess the original author of this idiotic idea got what he wanted. People discussing it. More amazing is that other sites have taken this stupid idea and run with it by furthering expanding upon the idea (one site even went as far to say that Dallas could make the trade then resign Lamb in the offseason).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stopped clicking such junk a long time ago...only feeds these idiots more by the traffic.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair the author of the article in the link did not propose the trade. That was done by some clown at bleacher report. All this clown did was grade it...and he gave it a B+.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would propose this trade:

Packers give a 4th in 2025, WR Malik Heaths, and Sean Rhyan
Cowboys give a 2nd in 2025, Micah Parsons and CB Diggs

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This clown thinks the Packers should give up a 2025 1st and 3rd rounder and Christian Watson for Lamb. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Lamb is a top WR, but all of the "below" would make me say "hell no".

1. That first round pick could land in the top 10 if something happens to Love.

2. Cee Dee Lamb isn't reporting until he gets a new deal, despite being under contract and that new deal would be around $30M+/year.

I think #2 is my biggest "no thanks". I wouldn't like to see a WR taking that big of a bit out of the cap each season. I also wouldn't want a guy that refuses to honor an existing contract.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This group won't and shouldn't be broke up this year. There begins to be serious merit to the logic potentially for Gute to move someone next off season or right at beginning of the 2025 season. Log jams are real and hopefully that is what we have forming in our WR room.
Hahahaha…..yeah buddy….I’ll take your word for it that log jams are real and that you hope they form in your room.
Bwahahahaha.
Just messing around guys before anyone goes nuclear!!!!
Oh……and my guy looked real sharp in his debut. Had a real nice over the shoulder toss to RB for nice gain.
Some of his other throws were just into tight windows showed off his his arm strength, and I’ll be honest. I’ll say it again he reminds me of a in his prime more athletic Aaron Rodgers. Y’all are soooooooo efffed.
Let’s get this party started.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This clown thinks the Packers should give up a 2025 1st and 3rd rounder and Christian Watson for Lamb. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

2. Cee Dee Lamb isn't reporting until he gets a new deal, despite being under contract and that new deal would be around $30M+/year.

I think #2 is my biggest "no thanks". I wouldn't like to see a WR taking that big of a bit out of the cap each season. I also wouldn't want a guy that refuses to honor an existing contract.

I agree with you on the WR cap thing. The bad news (if its really that bad) is that it is not outside the realm of possibility that we will eventually be forced to see a WR taking that big of a bite out of the cap each season. The good news is if we have a bunch of good ones them we may not have to and we might land that first round pick.

I really hate websites that don't allow comments. It allows idiots like this to post crap like this without having to listen to anyone tell them how stupid they are.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw another one today suggesting they make the trade for Watson and a second rd pick which I would do in a heartbeat lol

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hahahaha…..yeah buddy….I’ll take your word for it that log jams are real and that you hope they form in your room.
Bwahahahaha.
Oh……and my guy looked real sharp in his debut. Had a real nice over the shoulder toss to RB for nice gain.
Some of his other throws were just into tight windows showed off his his arm strength, and I’ll be honest. I’ll say it again he reminds me of a in his prime more athletic Aaron Rodgers. Y’all are soooooooo efffed.
Something like this throw?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a very nice throw.
All I’m trying to tell you guys is that…..I’m 44 years old.
I’ve watched our nightmare begin at Jim Harbaugh, Mirer, Cutler to Justin Fields. Caleb is different than the last 30. It jumps off the screen. Deny all you want…we gonna Red Dragon yalls behinds “do you see?!? Dooo youuuu seeee!!!!”
Hahahahahahaha

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bwahahahaha.
What the eff are you doing?

This isn't about your nail polish wearing qb

Learn where to post

Or you will learn fast what happens

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I click-baited all of you! Check out this IMO ridiculous trade proposal offered up by some sportswriter: Packers get CeeDee Lamb in exchange for Jayden Reed a 2025 2nd Round pick, and either Christian Watson or Romeo Daubs. He thinks that this is potentially fair for both sides. I can't be the only Packers fan that thinks this is beyond ridiculous. There is NO WAY we would trade away two rising stars and a draft pick to get a 5th yr option WR.

This one got my blood boiling. I shouldn't have fallen for the click-bait. Tag, you're it.

If you want to read the whole article, go for it:
Thanks for the link but I trust your summary. That would be a foolish trade indeed.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said. Gluten and Russ Ball have a good problem on their hands right now, a good number of talented receivers who will all be eligible for paydays in a year or two. If the WR group continues to grow, then Gluten could afford to trade one for draft picks. That would probably be the best way to move forward.

A lot can happen between now and then. Nothing I've seen changes my belief that GB has at least three #2 and potentially #1 WRs. Hopefully it plays out that way.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree with you on the WR cap thing. The bad news (if its really that bad) is that it is not outside the realm of possibility that we will eventually be forced to see a WR taking that big of a bite out of the cap each season. The good news is if we have a bunch of good ones them we may not have to and we might land that first round pick.

I really hate websites that don't allow comments. It allows idiots like this to post crap like this without having to listen to anyone tell them how stupid they are.

I'd be fine if the Packers keep making hay on young WR's and can do what they did with Davante, if any of the young ones turn into a guy that will demand a $30M+/year contract. Trade him and use the draft picks to retool and the save cap money to improve the roster.

I may not like it, but I understand paying a top QB the big money. I look around the NFL and see some really great WR's, making boat loads of money, but are their teams winning SB's?

RankPlayerTeamCompensation
1Justin JeffersonMinnesota Vikings$35 million
2A.J. BrownPhiladelphia Eagles$32 million
3Amon-Ra St. BrownDetroit Lions$30.002 million
4Tyreek HillMiami Dolphins$30 million
5Jaylen WaddleMiami Dolphins$28.25 million
6Davante AdamsLas Vegas Raiders$28 million
7D.J. MooreChicago Bears$27.5 million
8Cooper KuppLos Angeles Rams$26.7 million
9DeVonta SmithPhiladelphia Eagles$25 million
10Nico CollinsHouston Texans$24.3 million
11D.K. MetcalfSeattle Seahawks$24 million

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Adding to my previous post. Had to look up what the Packer WR room is making, I knew it was going to be on the low end, but wow, only $12.36M

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Personally I dont think Lamb is that good. No way Id ever do that trade. Seems to me Watson is poised to have just as significant of a season as Lamb likely with lesser stats due to targets but with a greater impact towards the teams sucsess

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts