CeeDee Lamb a Green Bay Packer <trade proposal>

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Personally I dont think Lamb is that good. No way Id ever do that trade. Seems to me Watson is poised to have just as significant of a season as Lamb likely with lesser stats due to targets but with a greater impact towards the teams sucsess
While I think Lamb is a pretty good WR, I wouldn't want to give up high draft assets, nor a big contract for him.

Reaction score
I like our young group. I think the Packers are going to be just fine sticking with Doubs, Reed, Watson, Wicks, Melton, Dubose etc. Especially with 2nd year players Musgrave and Kraft in that mix.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I think Lamb is a pretty good WR, I wouldn't want to give up high draft assets, nor a big contract for him.
One or the other, in a heartbeat. Lamb is way more than a pretty good WR. But like you said, giving up high draft assets plus paying him 35 million a year, no thank you.

Hopefully we can load up on first round picks when we trade all of our starters over the next couple of years because they are good enough to command that kind of money.

Just curious. Say none of our top four really do anything to set themselves apart over the next couple of years. They improve a bit but for the most part remain part of a four headed monster and any one of them is equally able to take over a game but none does so consistently simply because of the talent they all possess and the game circumstances. What are they worth?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just curious. Say none of our top four really do anything to set themselves apart over the next couple of years. They improve a bit but for the most part remain part of a four headed monster and any one of them is equally able to take over a game but none does so consistently simply because of the talent they all possess and the game circumstances. What are they worth?
Much like we saw with MVS and Lazard, there's a lot of teams that are willing to pay too much for mediocrity. Both of those players should thank A-Rod for all the money they got when they left GB.

Fortunately, I think Gute has a pretty good handle on a players worth. I doubt he will get the decision wrong when it comes to a group of WR's that while good individually, are more talented in the right system.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He was linked to another team as well
I think when a top player appears to possibly be on the trade market, you can Google a lot of teams, add that players name and someone is talking about a trade to that team. Easy way to get clicks.

CeeDee isn't going anywhere, he'll get a new deal there.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I dont think Lamb is that good. No way Id ever do that trade. Seems to me Watson is poised to have just as significant of a season as Lamb likely with lesser stats due to targets but with a greater impact towards the teams sucsess
I never thought of Lamb in the same category as guys like Jefferson, Hill, Adams - and Jefferson getting $35 mil is nuts. Lamb is very good, just not $30 mil/year good IMO.

I think the Eagles have two WRs who are at or over $25 mil/year each, not positive. Add that to Hurts' deal and there are three guys pushing $100 mil in cap (that's a rough average based on contract value). I just don't know how a GM builds a team when so few guys account for so much cap, or will in a few years.

Winning a SB is certainly easier if there are one or two impact players on rookie deals. The Packers will enjoy that this year with their WRs, but that window closes quickly.

Anyway, a big "no" to this CeeDee Lamb proposal. Makes no sense.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the Eagles have two WRs who are at or over $25 mil/year each, not positive. Add that to Hurts' deal and there are three guys pushing $100 mil in cap (that's a rough average based on contract value). I just don't know how a GM builds a team when so few guys account for so much cap, or will in a few years.

You are correct. AJ Brown is "averaging" $32M/year. DeVonta Smith is on a $25M/year deal and Hurts is at $51M/year.

While those numbers add up to roughly $108M/year, that doesn't equal the yearly cap hit, in the "early going". All 3 players have contracts that have 4 void years attached to them. So those numbers are kind of misleading.

For instance, this year, those 3 players only count as $33.565M towards the cap. So with creative cap management, those huge contracts are "workable" in their early stages. However, 4+ years down the line, they will be paying the price and either have to cut/trade the players or figure out a new deal, that extends the cap hit out even more.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are correct. AJ Brown is "averaging" $32M/year. DeVonta Smith is on a $25M/year deal and Hurts is at $51M/year.

While those numbers add up to roughly $108M/year, that doesn't equal the yearly cap hit, in the "early going". All 3 players have contracts that have 4 void years attached to them. So those numbers are kind of misleading.

For instance, this year, those 3 players only count as $33.565M towards the cap. So with creative cap management, those huge contracts are "workable" in their early stages. However, 4+ years down the line, they will be paying the price and either have to cut/trade the players or figure out a new deal, that extends the cap hit out even more.
That is gross negligence on the part of their GM to allow contracts to be structured like that. 4 void years for each???? Eeeeekkkk!!!!!

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did this two month old thread even get dug up? It's old news, and wasn't even "news" in the first place.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, we didn't inch closer. Another set of hack reporters (who couldn't stop writing articles about the Dallas Cowboys if their lives depended on it) floated more non-sense about the Packers trading for him. It's no different than in June.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are definitely not trading for Ceedee Lamb...why would they? They have 4 of the most exciting young players in the league amongst their wr group.

They are going to have to pay them eventually. Say Watson stays healthy all year and puts up 75 catches for 1500 yards and 15 tds in his third season. At that point you're talking extension during training camp next year

Reaction score
Rewatch the wild card game. How many passes did CDL drop in the early going that could have made a difference? Not even contested but like a slant for a 1st down. He didn't look like a star until the game was out of hand for big D and he could put up garbage time stats.
That’s true. Thats not a good sign if he’s underperforming in big games. They looked almost nervous or disorganized. Possibly unprepared. I don’t think they expected Love to come out red hot. Dallas looked intimidated and it didn’t help that our D was playing motivated. Like we smelled blood

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would be just fine with Jerry Jones drawing a line in the sand with CDL and saying "You are under contract, don't play, don't get paid." The problem is, JJ is a p**sy and will pay him. Jones already issued an apology to CDL saying he was being misinterpreted and that he wants to resign him, but it isn't urgent since he wouldn't want him risking injury by playing in the preseason. :rolleyes:

I hate to always be the squeaky wheel when it comes to NFL money and contracts, but I am just fed up with players refusing to practice/play until they get more money, despite being under contract. I have said it way too often, but go get insurance if you are afraid of being injured and missing out on a big contract.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB should be willing to part with a second rnd pick and one of the WR you have, I’d think they’d want Watson, in exchange for C. Lamb.
Of course Dallas would scoff at that offer but I believe that would be fair on both sides.
Also depends what Lamb wants yearly in new contract. If he wants 30+….no way player.
We have DJ Moore for 6 more years at around 28/year average. The best part is DJ signs a 100 million $ contract and on his first catch trucks 3 guys instead of going out of bounds. That’s a dawg!!!! That’s a dang warrior!!!
You can’t teach that hunger. You either have it or don’t and don’t know for sure if Lamb is a dawg like that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB should be willing to part with a second rnd pick and one of the WR you have, I’d think they’d want Watson, in exchange for C. Lamb.
Of course Dallas would scoff at that offer but I believe that would be fair on both sides.
Also depends what Lamb wants yearly in new contract. If he wants 30+….no way player.
We have DJ Moore for 6 more years at around 28/year average. The best part is DJ signs a 100 million $ contract and on his first catch trucks 3 guys instead of going out of bounds. That’s a dawg!!!! That’s a dang warrior!!!
You can’t teach that hunger. You either have it or don’t and don’t know for sure if Lamb is a dawg like that.
Of course you would want the Packers to do that. I would like the Bears to trade Odunze and a first for him as well.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s true. Thats not a good sign if he’s underperforming in big games. They looked almost nervous or disorganized. Possibly unprepared.
It was almost like watching a Mike McCarthy team playing a postseason game. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn that was what we were seeing.

Like PB said, it hardly matters what they're worth to us - it comes down to what they're worth to one of the other 31 teams, and sure as hell someone with a decent quarterback and mediocre receivers is going to look at Romeo Doubs, Jayden Reed, or even DOntayvion Wicks and see the next Davantae Adams. And they're gonna pay him.

We're going to lose some of these guys no matter what we do, because we're not goiongh to be able to afford what other teams (teams who are desperate for just that one missing piece) think they're worth. The bright side is, the more they overpay them, the higher the comp pick we get the following year.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Yeah, I click-baited all of you! Check out this IMO ridiculous trade proposal offered up by some sportswriter: Packers get CeeDee Lamb in exchange for Jayden Reed a 2025 2nd Round pick, and either Christian Watson or Romeo Daubs. He thinks that this is potentially fair for both sides. I can't be the only Packers fan that thinks this is beyond ridiculous. There is NO WAY we would trade away two rising stars and a draft pick to get a 5th yr option WR.

This one got my blood boiling. I shouldn't have fallen for the click-bait. Tag, you're it.

If you want to read the whole article, go for it:
Pass on that trade.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Da Bears have 2 bonafide #1 WR’s. Just my opinion but it seems y’all are banking on somebody being hot every game bc you have 4 #2 to #3 WR’s. That’s not trash talking it seems fair. I say a #3 WR bc your top WR could maybe be our #3 if they could beat Rome, which with the camp he had so far would seem to be difficult.
I’ll just put it like this I would not be happy if you lost only one wide receiver and CeeDee Lamb was now a member of the Packers.
It would literally be like watching Tom Grossi in reverse when we got Rome at 9.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Moore and Allen but at 28 m per there's no way I'd want Moore. He aint that good

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Moore and Allen but at 28 m per there's no way I'd want Moore. He aint that good
7th in yards in NFL last year with Fields throwing. Caleb is better than JF day 1. We got a great deal and he got generational wealth if he’s smart….and he appears to be a well rounded great player and family man.
Rome’s daughter and DJ’s daughters are gonna be running Halas Hall in a few years.

Members online