Brett Hundley -2017 season performances

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep we need to go sign a seasoned vet for backup, to save the season and all that:
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
M. Moore 25/44 176 0 2

Average Gain per Passing Play (includes Sacks) 3.2
Times Sacked (Number-Yards) 3 - 25
He basically doubled all of Hundley's passing numbers without the running game to help. And led two successful drives that scored two touchdowns for the other team.
I'm soooo glad these veteran journeyman are sooooo productive when given a chance.
[/satire]

Reaction score
However, if they don't or even if it takes Hundley 5 or more games to get better and the Packers are out of the playoff hunt, TT has to be brought to the mat on this one and explain how and why the Packers team couldn't win without 1 player
While I support being patient and letting things play out with Hundley at this point, I 100% agree with your evaluation of being held responsible. Partly because normally you would keep a veteran QB that has a history of starting and winning some games.. Someone who has a story so to speak. Then you can take a chance and go with a guy like a Hundley and let it play out for a few games while gauging improvement etc.. knowing you have a contingency plan. I like Callahan also but he’s no more proven than Hundley or a Taysom Hill type. They are all “developmental prospects”. We all know that obviously means they will take time. We don’t have the luxury of time at 4-3 and sliding.
With that being said, I’m reading between the lines here, but there is a great confidence in Hundley or there’s no way TT stands pat.
IF and I mean IF (cause it ain’t lookin’ good! :eek:) Hundley starts winning a couple games or even goes toe to toe in some close losses for that matter, TT needs to get even more credit for standing tall in the face of this serious fan and media scrutiny.

Last edited:

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers isn't even currently being paid market Value so.... no.

No, the point is a very good one.

Rodgers has a cap hit of $20 million, which is 12% of the $167 million cap, and is still the 5th highest paid QB in the league. Market value or not, he's being paid a boatload of money, and when 1 player out of a 53- man roster is getting 1 out of every 8 dollars in payroll, it's going to have an impact on what other players you can afford.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, the point is a very good one.

Rodgers has a cap hit of $20 million, which is 12% of the $167 million cap, and is still the 5th highest paid QB in the league. Market value or not, he's being paid a boatload of money, and when 1 player out of a 53- man roster is getting 1 out of every 8 dollars in payroll, it's going to have an impact on what other players you can afford.
It is a point like saying the sky is blue. Look at how much Rodgers contributes to the team's success of course he will be paid commensurate with that. This is just a silly argument. Yes, the Salary cap makes building a Super team very difficult, but most great teams have been led by a great quarterback. Would it be nice if we could somehow get away with paying those top notch QBs less ? maybe.... but I don't think there are many teams in the league that wouldn't jump at the chance at getting an Aaron Rodgers and be happy to pay him.

Reaction score
He basically doubled all of Hundley's passing numbers without the running game to help. And led two successful drives that scored two touchdowns for the other team.
Ha. You gotta admit tho that was a beautiful pass to CJ Moseley and one heck of an effort getting bulldozed while trying to tackle that man running full steam ;)

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a point like saying the sky is blue. Look at how much Rodgers contributes to the team's success of course he will be paid commensurate with that. This is just a silly argument. Yes, the Salary cap makes building a Super team very difficult, but most great teams have been led by a great quarterback. Would it be nice if we could somehow get away with paying those top notch QBs less ? maybe.... but I don't think there are many teams in the league that wouldn't jump at the chance at getting an Aaron Rodgers and be happy to pay him.

Yeah, that's fine - but none of it has anything to do with the post to which you originally responded, which was simply an obervation that when you pay your quarterback as much as you pay Rodgers, it makes it more difficult to stock other positions with veteran talent. That's it - that's all the guy said. And he's right. None of this other junk has anything to do with that; it's a separate discussion.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see....Hundley v Vince Young. If GB puts three years of learning in VY would he be Hundley? 40 pct passing ? Seems like an awful long EXPERIMENT to get limited results. Just sayin.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like a hallmark of TT's teams are that they have a weak spot built in. Like last year, the depth in the secondary was thin and inexperienced. They were one injury away from disaster. This year the OL and pass rush depth was suspect. Right now we're seeing what the backup QB situation looks like. Maybe the problem with having a player as great as Rodgers is that he is so expensive, you have to leave some holes somewhere?
I’d point more to the contracts of Clay Matthews, Randall Cobb, Bryan Bulaga, and maybe even Nick Perry before I would even think about talking about Rodgers’ current contract. We play without those big money guys every year due to their injuries, and every damn time Rodgers is able to pick up their slack. However as history has shown us if 12 goes down its time to hit the lights, because the team is not capable of competing without him, knowing what this team becomes without Rodgers I’d say he’s worth every damn penny!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However as history has shown us if 12 goes down its time to hit the lights, because the team is not capable of competing without him, knowing what this team becomes without Rodgers I’d say he’s worth every damn penny!
Whoa, I'm not suggesting we get rid of Rodgers. That would be plain crazy. I'm just looking for explanations as to why we can't seem to field a team that appears to be solid when he gets injured. See other teams that are winning with a backup QB. Maybe some guys are soaking up a lot of the money, you mentioned Matthews, there's one. I'm not even convinced that is the cause, I'm just throwing it out there for consideration. We all know TT is a genius, so obviously the GM can't be the problem :)

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have a dataset of one half of one season with a practice squad QBR. And two games against 2 division leading teams.
There is always some excuse to make. The Vikings have had their backup QB in for most of the season, lost their starting RB, have a worse O line, and their best WR has been hurt for much of the season. They are just a superior team with a superior coach.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think that he looks as bad as people claim. He has ability. What he does not have is a good OC. He looks uncomfortable in the pocket, yet we decide to have him throw the ball 40 times instead of leaning on the running game, which has actually been successful.

McCarthy acts like a kid with ADD without Rodgers out there to make plays. Or me playing Madden. Gets impatient with the short and steady game, and starts having the QB lob balls into coverage downfield and hope for the best.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is always some excuse to make. The Vikings have had their backup QB in for most of the season, lost their starting RB, have a worse O line, and their best WR has been hurt for much of the season. They are just a superior team with a superior coach.

Just last season, Zimmer's team started 5-0 and missed the playoffs and he has zero playoff wins.

Until he actually accomplishes something, it's a stretch to call him a superior coach.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just last season, Zimmer's team started 5-0 and missed the playoffs and he has zero playoff wins.

Until he actually accomplishes something, it's a stretch to call him a superior coach.

It's also becoming increasingly clear that our 'superior' coach can attribute every aspect of his superior resume to Aaron Rodgers.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When do we see Joe Callahan?

Found myself at one point thinking the same thing. Hundley answered my question. He is not good. Until this game I had a little bit of hope, but not anymore.
I thought MM was going to plan this game around Hundley.:eek: Looked like pretty much the same as last game....trying to get the run game going. Hundley did not look comfortable....Still can't believe he was upset that he wasn't drafted higher....He looks like he was drafted too high.

The defense was terrible.

There is one bright spot. Higher draft pick. Maybe they win one more game but it is doubtful.

I can't believe I am saying already...maybe next year. If some coaches aren't fired at the end of the season then the front office is blind!!!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope....three years and this is what we get from this guy? No way. He doesn't have it. Again and again with this bull headed coach and his insistence on this guy. He is pedestrian at best, and just doesn't have the IT factor at all. Move on and take your lumps.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think that he looks as bad as people claim. He has ability. What he does not have is a good OC. He looks uncomfortable in the pocket, yet we decide to have him throw the ball 40 times instead of leaning on the running game, which has actually been successful.

McCarthy acts like a kid with ADD without Rodgers out there to make plays. Or me playing Madden. Gets impatient with the short and steady game, and starts having the QB lob balls into coverage downfield and hope for the best.

Just last game vs. the Saints, they leaned on the running game and he threw only 25 passes, yet the offense still didn't do well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He improved marginally, but is still failing to connect in the big plays that are there to be made. I swear I saw Jordy wide open, Cobb for a TD, Montgomery, and those are the passes he didn't even throw despite being able to.

Detroits receivers caught the contested balls and we didn't. That didn't help

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight was my first opportunity to watch Brett Hundley start because the Saints game was not on TV here (I'm in Jaguars/Buccaneers territory). My first impressions:

1. Poor decisions making when he sees a gap. He needs to learn to recognize when it is better not to run through a gap because several times it closed on him near the line of scrimmage.

2. Two-minute drill manager. He is not great by any means, but showed an ability to control the game clock and move quickly between plays. I was very impressed with this during the last 20 seconds before halftime.

3. Downfield accuracy needs improvement, but a few times it was the receiver's fault. More time will help in this area if Mike McCarfhy opens the playbook.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just last game vs. the Saints, they leaned on the running game and he threw only 25 passes, yet the offense still didn't do well.
He should have done it again. Sounds like a much better plan than having a backup throw 40 times, getting constant 3 and outs and having your crappy defense live on the field.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB BRETT HUNDLEY, 83.5 OVERALL GRADE
Hundley had a solid performance for the Packers on Monday night against the Lions. Although he by no means was dynamic, he was accurate when the offensive linemen kept the pocket clean. Under no pressure, Hundley was 24-of-30 for 240 yards with a passer rating of 100.0. When pressured, Hundley was just 2-of-8 with a passer rating of 39.6. The Packers played it safe with their young quarterback with 27-of-35 aimed passes (removing throw aways) traveling under 10 yards. But his few deep shots were not bad but he was unable to get help from his receivers separating to make a catch downfield.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-detroit-lions-30-green-bay-packers-17

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley had a solid performance for the Packers on Monday night against the Lions. Although he by no means was dynamic, he was accurate when the offensive linemen kept the pocket clean. Under no pressure, Hundley was 24-of-30 for 240 yards with a passer rating of 100.0. When pressured, Hundley was just 2-of-8 with a passer rating of 39.6. The Packers played it safe with their young quarterback with 27-of-35 aimed passes (removing throw aways) traveling under 10 yards. But his few deep shots were not bad but he was unable to get help from his receivers separating to make a catch downfield.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-detroit-lions-30-green-bay-packers-17

Usually PFF is pretty good, but the eye test says the difference between Hundley and Stafford was much more than 4.9 on their scale.

I expect these numbers to change some once they review the grades.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He was better this week but short passes behind the lines won't get it done. The lose this week was on defense and running game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts