Brett Hundley -2017 season performances

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Isn`t it likely that Rodgers goes off script often as an eperienced QB, where Huntley doesn`t have the eperience or the confidence of the team at the moment to do it ? I was always a fan of Mike McCarthy but I`m losing faith now.

Yes....would be fun to know how many plays per game that AR audibles out of. However, some of that is what he has worked on with MM over many years, so it isn't all just AR, but AR's ability to know the situation. Hundley right now, probably doesn't have 90% of that, nor is he given the rope to do it.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Well I`m giving Huntley a pass for yesterday as he showed SOME sparks. He has two weeks now to hone his skills to what we expect. The clock is ticking.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I`m giving Huntley a pass for yesterday as he showed SOME sparks. He has two weeks now to hone his skills to what we expect. The clock is ticking.

From what I saw, he seemed to show a few more sparks the week before. I saw a lot of reason for guarded optimism againt the Vikings.

Yesterday looked like a step back to me, but it's too soon to make a final judgment. He needs to play a lot better against the Lions than he did yesterday.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is how I feel..

Wish the knee jerk reactions would stop..

Wonder how many here have been in similar situations and were successfully right away..

Maybe hanging drywall.. Changing a tire, building Web page..

We probably all have struggled at something for 1st few times..

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is how I feel..

Wonder how many here have been in similar situations and were successfully right away..

On one hand, I agree with you. However I think we all know when we see something special in a player and when we don't. I just don't see anything that leads me to believe Hundley has that "it" factor. I would love to be wrong, but so far I haven't seen it.

I

On one hand, I agree with you. However I think we all know when we see something special in a player and when we don't. I just don't see anything that leads me to believe Hundley has that "it" factor. I would love to be wrong, but so far I haven't seen it.

Oh I`m not declaring him the new "Superman", I just think given the opportunity he might come good. As LTF has just made the point, there are very few of us can become an expert straight away in a newish job.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is how I feel..

There was a video floating around the net (black and white) of Buggy's first time in the sack and it wasn't pretty....so yeah, I see where you are coming from. ;) Did I mention he was alone? :whistling:

I

There was a video floating around the net (black and white) of Buggy's first time in the sack and it wasn't pretty....so yeah, I see where you are coming from. ;) Did I mention he was alone? :whistling:

I shall treat that with the contempt it deserves. :cautious:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked his debut. Showed class in rushing, but MM was conservative in passing game. Easing him into the deep end of of the pool is how I see it. Good eye, but needed to improve on pass accuracy. We need to factor in the crap O-Line however though.

Let's not be harsh in judging. Shows promise.

I found myself getting frustrated with the play calling. There was at least one time where he ran on 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Why he had another run called, which we didn't make, is beyond me. I have a feeling that Hundley would have been more aggressive than MM was willing to let him.

With that being said he took too long to throw the ball quite a few times. You could also tell that he does not have the timing down with the receivers.

The bright spot was watching Jones run for over 100 yards.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get how people can see he wasn't accurate with passing and he didn't look comfortable and only completed 12 of 25 and they wanted to see him drop back for more? I could see if the run game hadn't worked but jones was consistently good for yesterday. I remember a game against the Bills, Lacy was running well, not as well as Jones, but pretty good. We dropped Rodgers back a ton and we lost. Nobody forgave MM for that and that was with a less effective running back and an exponentially more effective quarterback? I don't get it?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is how I feel..

Here is a really good article I just found that I agree with and think you and others who feel the same way also would.

Despite the loss, Packers fans still hopeful about Brett Hundley

http://fox11online.com/news/local/d...rs-fans-are-still-hopeful-about-brett-hundley

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get how people can see he wasn't accurate with passing and he didn't look comfortable and only completed 12 of 25 and they wanted to see him drop back for more?

He needs to pass more if he is to get some connection to the receivers. Work can be done in bye week and practices, but need a more aggressive passing game. We can't rush our way into playoff's.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He threw the ball 25 times and missed on most of them.

We weren't in a shootout, we were winning the game. He doesn't need to have it figured out yesterday, I think 25 times for your first start in a game we were leading by rushing is set up pretty nicely for a young QB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to pass more if he is to get some connection to the receivers. Work can be done in bye week and practices, but need a more aggressive passing game. We can't rush our way into playoff's.
I agree and I also think Jones as well as Hundley were the best running backs in the Taints game.
A much better improvement than last week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He threw the ball 25 times and missed on most of them.

We weren't in a shootout, we were winning the game. He doesn't need to have it figured out yesterday, I think 25 times for your first start in a game we were leading by rushing is set up pretty nicely for a young QB.
How many passes did he throw away on purpose?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many passes did he throw away on purpose?
I don't know, I don't even care really. Just saying, he was given opportunity to throw. A fair number of them in fact for a 1st start in the NFL. I think it was a generous amount of times they put him in a position to pass considering we had a RB that was consistently getting us yards at a good clip. It was a good scenario for a 1st start QB to be in. i'm not in the camp that thinks he needed to throw more. not in that game. As much as he needs to grow, get more comfortable and get in sync, we also need wins and we were in a position to win yesterday. if they hadn't been so "conservative" in their play calling (which I don't think they were at all given the circumstances) I doubt winning would have been a realistic outcome like it was for much of that game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hundley right now is averaging 4.1 yds/attempt. That has him ranked 51 out of 56 players that have thrown a pass in the NFL this year. Matt Cassel is the only one below him that has thrown close to 50 passes. His QBR is the lowest of 52. Interceptions (4) per attempt is right up there at the top.

Yes, only 1.75 games under his belt, so nowhere to go but up!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get how people can see he wasn't accurate with passing and he didn't look comfortable and only completed 12 of 25 and they wanted to see him drop back for more? I could see if the run game hadn't worked but jones was consistently good for yesterday. I remember a game against the Bills, Lacy was running well, not as well as Jones, but pretty good. We dropped Rodgers back a ton and we lost. Nobody forgave MM for that and that was with a less effective running back and an exponentially more effective quarterback? I don't get it?
Sure you do .... You've been here long enough to expect that type of logic lol.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is how I feel..

You would think after the 4-6 start last season before the epic turn around, people would wait to draw conclusions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts