Brett Hundley -2017 season performances

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is ridiculous. Is he Aaron Rodgers? No. Is he surrounded by a team and coaching staff who are capable of putting a young, inexperienced QB in a position to win? Absolutely not.

Which is exactly why he might not get another chance...because he doesn't have those things, and he's not doing so well because of it. You just proved my point even more.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is ridiculous. Is he Aaron Rodgers? No. Is he surrounded by a team and coaching staff who are capable of putting a young, inexperienced QB in a position to win? Absolutely not.

Idk. Aaron Jones looks like a pretty good RB, and he has the best trio of WRs in the NFL. The rest I'd agree with.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is exactly why he might not get another chance...because he doesn't have those things, and he's not doing so well because of it. You just proved my point even more.
I guess people take the message home they want to hear LOL

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk. Aaron Jones looks like a pretty good RB, and he has the best trio of WRs in the NFL. The rest I'd agree with.
I was namely referring to the defense. It was tough enough for Rodgers to win with Capers running things, let alone a backup.

I think we need to accept that Cobb and Adams are JAGs, and the entire unit is sorely lacking speed. Calling them the best is a huge reach, IMO.
Tell that to Kirk Cousins.

Last edited:

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was namely referring to the defense. It was tough enough for Rodgers to win with Capers running things, let alone a backup.

I think we need to accept that Cobb and Adams are JAGs, and the entire unit is sorely lacking speed. Calling them the best is a huge reach, IMO.

Tell that to Kurt Cousins.

What is a JAG?

I assume you mean Kirk Cousins. There is no QB named Kurt. What does he have do with anything?

I agree calling anyone on our offense the best is a huge reach unless you count #12.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is a JAG?

I assume you mean Kirk Cousins. There is no QB named Kurt. What does he have do with anything?

I agree calling anyone on our offense the best is a huge reach unless you count #12.
Thanks for the help. Was preoccupied when I typed that, and knew it didn't look right.

Cousins looked awful in his 3rd year while getting starter snaps, and was eventually benched once again for RG III. He got another chance, and now he's set to make over $30M next year or sign a huge long term contract.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a UNIT...not individually. Big difference
The receiving unit looked completely average even with Rodgers in there. We have a bunch of possession receivers who are average athletes, a line who can't block, a TE who can't catch, and a bad OC calling plays. Doesn't sound like a great supporting cast.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The receiving unit looked completely average even with Rodgers in there. We have a bunch of possession receivers who are average athletes, a line who can't block, a TE who can't catch, and a bad OC calling plays. Doesn't sound like a great supporting cast.

I honestly can't argue with you about your assessment.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy is an awful OC . Detroit has the 20th scoring defense, which includes our poor outing. You'd think with the most average of offenses, any team could put up 20 legit, non-garbage time points. Hundley wasn't nearly as bad as any of you want to believe. He just plays in an offense which was exploited in 2015 and requires a super human arm to succeed in

There's no denying Hundley left several plays on the field resulting in poor outing by the offense though.

Hundley is an ongoing project as far as I'm concerned. What bothers me is most of the team looks like they've given up since Rodgers got hurt.

I don't believe any player or coach has given up on the season but unfortunately they aren't any better.

Nelson, Adams and Cobb definitely don't form the best wide receiver trio in the league.

I think we need to accept that Cobb and Adams are JAGs, and the entire unit is sorely lacking speed.

While Adams doesn't have speed to develop into a deep threat he's one of the best possession receiver in the league.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
This is why I think Brett Hundley is the problem....
I cannot think of a single roster you put him on and think he will win games. Give him the best defense in the league (Buffalo, Seattle, whoever) or give him the best offense (Atalanta, NE, whoever) I think he still loses every game. Sure this is highlighting the weaknesses in the Packers, but I think Brett Hundley would highlight the weakness in any team.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot think of a single roster you put him on and think he will win games. Give him the best defense in the league (Buffalo, Seattle, whoever) or give him the best offense (Atalanta, NE, whoever) I think he still loses every game. Sure this is highlighting the weaknesses in the Packers, but I think Brett Hundley would highlight the weakness in any team.
Of course, that doesn't fit the narrative all the whiners around here want to profess.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you are presenting for hypothetical scenarios as facts, while ignoring that they only won 2 out of 8 while Rodgers was out in 2013 with a better roster. Not much of a leg to stand on, IMO.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
So you are presenting for hypothetical scenarios as facts, while ignoring that they only won 2 out of 8 while Rodgers was out in 2013 with a better roster. Not much of a leg to stand on, IMO.
That year they went 2-5-1 and were competitive when they got Matt Flynn at 2-2-1 losing a very close game to the Steelers. Matt Flynn was a game manager that was putting up 20 points a game. Asking a third year QB to put 20 points on the board at home should not be that much to ask when Matt Flynn was able to come into Dallas and put up 33 points in the second half.

And just to recap, the 2013 Packers Roster was better than the 2017 roster? Let’s dig a little deeper here...

2013 is better than 2017
1. 2013 Eddie Lacey > than the 2017 run game- I agree with that
2. 2013 Jordy Nelson > than 2017 Jordy Nelson- I can agree with that
3. 2013 Sam shields/ Tramon williams > than 2017 Davon House / King / Randall I can agree with that
4. John Kuhn > Ripkowski
5. 2013 Josh Sitton > Lane Taylor

2013 is equal to 2017
1. David Bakhtiari = David Bakhtiari
2. Jarhi Evans = TJ Lang
3. Dean Lowry = Johnny Jolly
4. Cm3 = Cm3
5. Morgan Burnette = Morgan Burnette

2017 is better than 2013
1. Davante Adams > James Jones
2. Geronimo Allison > Jarrett Boykin
3. Lance Kendricks/ Richard Rodgers > Andrew Quarless
4. Corey Lindsey > Smith
5. Bulaga > Barcley

6. Mike Daniels > BJ Raji
7. Kenny Clark > Ryan Pickett
8. Nick Perry > Mike Neal
9. Blake Martinez > 2013 AJ Hawk
10. Jake Ryan > Brad Jones
11. Haha > MD Jennings

The real answer here is:
Matt Flynn > Brett Hundley
Scott Tolizen = Brett Hubdley

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That year they went 2-5-1 and were competitive when they got Matt Flynn at 2-2-1 losing a very close game to the Steelers. Matt Flynn was a game manager that was putting up 20 points a game. Asking a third year QB to put 20 points on the board at home should not be that much to ask when Matt Flynn was able to come into Dallas and put up 33 points in the second half.

And just to recap, the 2013 Packers Roster was better than the 2017 roster? Let’s dig a little deeper here...

2013 is better than 2017
3. 2013 Sam shields/ Tramon williams > than 2017 Davon House / King / Randall I can agree with that
4. John Kuhn > Ripkowski

2013 is equal to 2017
2. Jarhi Evans = TJ Lang
4. Cm3 = Cm3

2017 is better than 2013
4. Corey Lindsey > Smith
5. Bulaga > Barcley

11. Haha > MD Jennings

The real answer here is:

Adams has one year of production, while Jones had just come off a year in which he led all WRs in TDs. And if you are comparing mediocre Allison and these unproductive TEs to mediocre Boykin and those unproductive TEs, it's tough to make a case either way.

And giving credit to our improved OL when Hundley was pressured over 40% of the time in his first appearance, and credit to any improved defensive pieces when we are getting shredded by the depleted Vikings, giving up 500 yard to the Saints, and Forcing no punts against the Lions is a bit crazy. The entire team has looked like crap,not just him.

And you are forgetting the most important thing: the game is rapidly evolving. Teams and schemes are changing. The team we are honestly most similar to are the Seahawks. Many of our key pieces and coaches in 2013 are the same as 2017, as are theirs. And as we see seeing with us, that isn't cutting it now like it did back then.

Now look at teams like the Chiefs, Steelers, Eagles, Patriots, etc. Who have added impact players to what they already had, and look like far more talented teams than us now or 2013. Around the league, we see teams getting more talented and improve their coaching. Meanwhile, we have stuck with talent that is aging and coaches who can no longer keep up, and it shows on the field.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really, loses every game? That's a huge exaggeration. I am not impressed with Hundley by any means but I'd be willing to bet you could stick him in Minnesota as their starter and he'd pull out 8-8 or so. And hate him as people might, Bill Bellichick is on a whole different level than the rest of the NFL when it comes to football strategy. I have no doubt that you stick Hundley behind center there and he will find a way to win games.

Hundley hasn't been good, but it's hard to compare how he does here with how he'd do anywhere else when you stick him on a team with a defense that hasn't forced a punt in 6 quarters.

When the defense lived up to its end of the bargain for the first half of the Saints game we were winning.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers made the oline look fantastic with his amazing ability to scramble. i think Hundley looked good, he needs to work on throwing the ball away when the pocket is closing in or hes in a scramble situation with nowhere to go. he just holds on to the ball a little to long making him prone to the sack. other then that i think he will be a good qb to come. i mean they all have to start somewhere. of course everyone hates to see there team losing when having the backup qb in but it will show what packers have and the team will have to really work together. but i can definitely see him stepping up. the second they played hurry up offense they started moving the ball. McCarthy has to let him throw the ball we have receivers that can catch. the play calling was a little disappointing but i hope it was for a good cause.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And giving credit to our improved OL when Hundley was pressured over 40% of the time in his first appearance, and credit to any improved defensive pieces when we are getting shredded by the depleted Vikings, giving up 500 yard to the Saints, and Forcing no punts against the Lions is a bit crazy. The entire team has looked like crap,not just him.
Damn that's depressing to read. Unfortunately, none of it is inaccurate.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

2013 is better than 2017
4. John Kuhn > Ripkowski

2013 is equal to 2017
2. Jarhi Evans = TJ Lang
4. Cm3 = Cm3

2017 is better than 2013
4. Corey Lindsey > Smith
5. Bulaga > Barcley

11. Haha > MD Jennings

The real answer here is:

Or you could just say

Bill Belichick > Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, Dom Capers

Reaction score
One thing I notice often is that Aaron Rodgers is a Mambo Dancer in the pocket. His footwork is probably the best in the business and he dances up and then back..then to the left and back, then back forward and then he fires. His ability to make Defenders miss is uncanny.
I like Brett, but Brett Hundley is what he is.. a Rook. I do believe he’s getting better though. We can’t just look at the score and blame him alone. When you look at his stats he’s improved slightly each game, which one would expect. He’s about 2 games from putting it all together and I do think he’ll win a couple provided our Defense can force at least 1 punt per game. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts