Breaking Down the NFC North, 2024

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game coming up is huge. It could either put the Packers tied for 1st place at 3-1 or tied for 4th Place at
2-2 depending on Detroit or Chicago. Either way even finishing at .500 after losing our QB for multiple contests isn’t bad.

The only thing I’m mildly concerned about is how Jordan will play after missing several weeks, plus playing with a knee brace. It could take him a few weeks to get his mojo back.

Our Defense will get a very tough test. The Vikings have been firing on all cylinders. Luckily we play at home, which helps.
Vikings are playing tremendous football right now. They beat 2 of the league's best in their place. Their defense is as tough as the Zimmer days. Jones and Darnold fit in perfectly. Their receiving corps had it so easy Sunday they even had to time to drop some balls with no one near them. And Hockenson is not yet back from injury. We shall have our hands full, Love or no Love.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are living off the blitz on defense. It can cover up a lot of warts in the secondary but opens up a team to big plays. Blitzing tends to work well against young qb's and not so much against veterans. Love only has 21 starts under his belt so you can bet he's going to get blitzed repeatedly next Sunday in the hope he makes mistakes. I hope both Wicks and Reed are ready for big games if they are the recipients of a lot if quick hitting slants.

Reaction score
The Vikings are living off the blitz on defense. It can cover up a lot of warts in the secondary but opens up a team to big plays. Blitzing tends to work well against young qb's and not so much against veterans. Love only has 21 starts under his belt so you can bet he's going to get blitzed repeatedly next Sunday in the hope he makes mistakes. I hope both Wicks and Reed are ready for big games if they are the recipients of a lot if quick hitting slants.
That’s what I’d recipe. Underneath Crossers, Slants, quick hits to a Chip blocking TE’s. Get the RB involved in the short Passing game. Get the ball out quick. Don’t let the Vikings dictate Squat early on.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings are playing tremendous football right now. They beat 2 of the league's best in their place. Their defense is as tough as the Zimmer days. Jones and Darnold fit in perfectly. Their receiving corps had it so easy Sunday they even had to time to drop some balls with no one near them. And Hockenson is not yet back from injury. We shall have our hands full, Love or no Love.
The Vikings so far are doing the opposite of what they usually do. They lost the offseason (predicted to finish fourth), but are winning the season (so far). I'm not willing to call of the season and hand them the Lombardi trophy, however.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC North looking to be the toughest division right now. Giving our lilac loving purple counterparts AJ33 a large part of it. If they stay healthy they could make some noise, or they could go on a Bear like 9 game losing streak. lol

Reaction score
One thing I’ve noticed about the Vikes. They’ve not been dominant as far as total O production. They’ve even won games that their O was slightly inferior in statistical battles (yards, 1st downs) It wasn’t through help of Turnovers either.
The difference in 2024 is MN executed at a high level in the Redzone. Their opponents Redzone were average to below average.

The Packers need to be more efficient in the Redzone. We also can’t be sloppy with penalties, we need to clean that up next Sunday.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.