Breaking Down the NFC North, 2024

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see I disagree there. I think the # of teams in the league is crucial. It’s also an entirely reasonable barometer of success. There’s 32 teams and 2 Conferences. I think Caleb is actually leaning correct on this one. He said they are “due” for a Super Bowl. I’d say they are long overdue just based on the number of teams in our Conference. Same applies for our Division. I wouldn’t call winning our Division every 15 years successful at all. There’s only 4 teams since they went to a 32 team expansion.
The Packers SB wins are about normal. Our SB Visits are just over normal (4 visits since 1996) off league expectation. Our NFC visits are super high and our Division Wins are at super high also.
The Bears are in Long Overdue status imo. I could care less about how we “feel” about it, it’s fact they suck (oops! I let that slip!)
To verify - what I hear you saying OS is that there are 32 teams, therefore a team should win 1 SB every 32 years, on average.

Now with parity, this is a little closer to being possible, but just barely. A SB winner doesn't just depend on drawing a name out of a hat with 32 names. Selection of a CEO, GM, HC, DC, OC and every other person connected to the operation have an influence on winning versus losing. Injuries, weather, and on and on and on all have an affect. The variables are endless.

And then there are the very rare instances of dynasties. I'd say the Bellichik/Brady Pats were a dynasty. Green Bay was a dynasty, taking into account the pre-SB era. The Chiefs may be a dynasty already. That completely ****s with the "1 out of 32" argument.

Anyway, I don't think it's as simple as saying a team would win the SB, on average, every 32 years. That would be true if names were drawn out of a hat, but that's not how winners and losers are determined.

I agree with you that the number of teams makes a difference. That is one of the variables, but certainly not the only one.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And unfortunately, Super Bowls are the name of the game. It doesn’t matter that we have nine NFL championships and I think y’all have 13 not counting super bowls.
I will admit, though the one that hurts the most is the fact that you guys passed us for all time wins last season.
We will hopefully recapture that this year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And unfortunately, Super Bowls are the name of the game. It doesn’t matter that we have nine NFL championships and I think y’all have 13 not counting super bowls.
I will admit, though the one that hurts the most is the fact that you guys passed us for all time wins last season.
We will hopefully recapture that this year.
What is the record of all Packer/Bear games? I think it dates back to when dinosaurs roamed the earth...... If the Packers lead now, it can't more than one win.

I agree that the name of the game is SB wins, but the earlier championships certainly do count. I'm sure the guys on those old teams (well the ones still alive) would rightfully argue that a world champion is a world champion. Sensational half time shows and commercials do not count.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the record of all Packer/Bear games? I think it dates back to when dinosaurs roamed the earth...... If the Packers lead now, it can't more than one win.

I agree that the name of the game is SB wins, but the earlier championships certainly do count. I'm sure the guys on those old teams (well the ones still alive) would rightfully argue that a world champion is a world champion. Sensational half time shows and commercials do not count.
106-94-6, 1-1 in playoffs HtoH.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! I had no idea the gap was that large. Thanks Suds.

(Caleb what the hell are you talking about when you say the Bears could recapture the head-to-head lead this season?)

The last decade made that gap....it's been a lopsided end result of late, but the games haven't always been lopsided if you know what I mean.

Reaction score
Caleb is going to get a spanking
and I’m not talking about the Poster Caleb I’m talking about the Packer D is going to swarm him from every angle. I think we’ll finish top 8 scoring area
in the mold of that 2020 Tampa feel

The reason I say that is Gary is now 100%. It took him 1/2 season to recover fully but he’s looking really impressive. I think he might break double digits Sacks. TJ Slaton has apparently taken a leap recently forward. The former 5-Star OL convert is poised and his 335lbs is causing problems in the Interior.
Kenny is Kenny he’s not changing he’s just plays like a 25M guy.

Wyatt is entering year 3 after seeing a surge last season from 1.5 to 5.5 Sacks, 11 QB hits, 6 TFL and 36 Tackles. I’ve been saying that since his Rookie season where he was misused as a 2-Gapper. Wyatt does best in Even Fronts where he’s given a higher % of 1 on 1 opportunities he’s too much to handle all game for 1 OL with few exceptions. He’ll exceed good 2023 #’s if healthy.
Van Ness will be used more in depth rotation, but coming in fresh he’ll be more effective with his Speed to Power rush he uses so well. He’s hard to beat to the Edge, even at 273lbs. Hes got his Rookie season of flashes behind him. Hes going to flash to the point of blinding some QB’s
Preston just wears well, he’s an above average Player without the frills. Jack of all trades. Solid player who rarely loses his 1 on 1 and is well versed at setting and holding his Edge and will feast on the success if others flushing the Pocket.

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! I had no idea the gap was that large. Thanks Suds.

(Caleb what the hell are you talking about when you say the Bears could recapture the head-to-head lead this season?)
Not head to head numbers, all-time wins in the entire league

Reaction score
The Packers DL depth is as good as any North opponent or better. With Detroit dealing with moving Houston to SAM Backer. Packers Meanwhile have our second 4 depth players coming off a 15.5 combined sacks season (Enagbare, Wyatt, Brooks, VanNess) we are poised to cause problems with every package

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not head to head numbers, all-time wins in the entire league
That can't be right. They've played more than 200 games total in the last 100 years? Just in the SB era the Packers and Bears have played probably 700 to 800 games in total, each. I believe Suds's numbers are correct: 104 Packer wins, 94 Bear wins, 6 ties. That adds up.

What numbers are you looking at Caleb?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That can't be right. They've played more than 200 games total in the last 100 years? Just in the SB era the Packers and Bears have played probably 700 to 800 games in total, each. I believe Suds's numbers are correct: 104 Packer wins, 94 Bear wins, 6 ties. That adds up.

He is looking at total regular season wins. The Packers beat the Bears in December of 2022 to take the lead and now hold a 799-793 lead. Up until that day no other team in the history of the NFL had held sole possession of that record except the Bears.

I wouldn't place that bet just yet Caleb.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just googled it. Dallas has the best winning percentage alltime with GB 2nd. But Chicago has won more games than anyone with GB a close second. Don't know which is more important to me. Alltime or against the bears. Probably alltime. But it's very nice to have beaten the bears more than they have beaten us.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just googled it. Dallas has the best winning percentage alltime with GB 2nd. But Chicago has won more games than anyone with GB a close second. Don't know which is more important to me. Alltime or against the bears. Probably alltime. But it's very nice to have beaten the bears more than they have beaten us.
Old site.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Your google is wrong. Others in post just before yours give an entirely different result. Gotta watch that mis- or dis- information stuff these days.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you all know what is wrong; you must know what is right.
When it comes to who has the most wins in NFL history we do.

That reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.

Do you know that between you and I we know everything there is to know. You know everything except that you don't know s h i t and I know that

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you all know what is wrong; you must know what is right.
It is irritating when someone says what you've written is wrong, but offers no alternative. So football mimics life.

And on this topic, past wins, who cares? I'm a lot more interested in wins, including all playoff games, that GB will win in the 2024 season.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Packers vs Bears is worth talking about. We have a Combined 22 Championships which are #1 and #2 in NFL history. Packers have 13 and Bears 9. Including 5 combined SB’s. We do need to watch out as other teams like Pitt and NE are closing in.
No better way to do that than get one now in 2024

Reaction score
Looking around our Division, our strength this season is DL depth. If Preston, Clark, TJ, Gary are deemed starters. Our next 4 guys combined for 15.5 Sacks just last year. No other North team is close and most have a sharp decline after their top 1-2 players. They are Top heavy at best.
I suspect that # Van Ness, Enagbare, Wyatt, Karl plus Wooden in that mix also will recreate 15 Sacks or more.

I see Wyatt, Van Ness or Karl as a probable grouping to see an elevation over their 2023 totals. Enagbare or Wooden are merely bonus adds. Imo. No other North team will touch our cumulative QB pressure from the front 7

Last edited:
Reaction score
Caleb Williams might be a good QB. But if he thinks Preseason is tough, he will soon have the best pass rushers coming at him both in tandem and rotation. Oladapo was his menace last season, now he has an entire lineup of menacing DL/LB who are much quicker than his college counterparts. He’ll find out when Quay or Cooper or Hopper come downhill in furious fashion.
Eric Wilson is an underestimated tackling machine and was one of the few highlights of the Minnesota D a few seasons ago. Hes very well rounded also, with some pass protect and pass rush ability. McDuffie is just a sound (but unspectacular) ILB, but a good backup imo. Then we have a Wildcard in Hopper, so far in limited time he’s been impressive, which isn’t a surprise he’s one of the best, if not the best LB’s in his Conference and looks to want to leave an impression when given a chance. My top 3 favorite from Preseason thus far.

We are used to seeing our D gashed at every turn in the Run game and mostly playing the Pass. Imo this D has potential to carry our team for once. My only question is how quickly will these players adapt as their is some relative inexperience mixed in 1st,2nd3rd year players etc.

The league in general is focused on Love n Co and with good reason. We were one of the 2-4 hottest team in the league down the stretch. However it’s our D that will decide how far we go this year. Our first priority should be to Win our division. Thats our best pathway to a SB

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers vs Bears is worth talking about. We have a Combined 22 Championships which are #1 and #2 in NFL history. Packers have 13 and Bears 9. Including 5 combined SB’s. We do need to watch out as other teams like Pitt and NE are closing in.
I couldn’t agree more so thanks for rooting on the Bears to the Super Bowl championship this year!!!!!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is irritating when someone says what you've written is wrong, but offers no alternative. So football mimics life.

And on this topic, past wins, who cares? I'm a lot more interested in wins, including all playoff games, that GB will win in the 2024 season.

the alternatives, in this case the actual records, were posted in two earlier posts by me in post #111 and suds in post #112. I didn't feel the need to put it in a third time.

Some people care. I'm a history and trivia buff. Stuff like this interests me.

Between the Packers, Bears and Lions the history within our division is amazing. According to one site I looked at (stat muse) 4 out of the top 5 "Most victories by one team over another" were held by NFC North teams against other North teams.

Packers 107 over the Bears
Bears 105 over the Lions
Packers 104 over the Lions
Bears 94 over the Packers

There is a good chance we can take this record this season as well. If that team from Washington DC sweeps the Giants and we sweep the Bears that will give us 109. The Giants have beaten that Washington team 108 times.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the alternatives, in this case the actual records, were posted in two earlier posts by me in post #111 and suds in post #112. I didn't feel the need to put it in a third time.

Some people care. I'm a history and trivia buff. Stuff like this interests me.

Between the Packers, Bears and Lions the history within our division is amazing. According to one site I looked at (stat muse) 4 out of the top 5 "Most victories by one team over another" were held by NFC North teams against other North teams.

Packers 107 over the Bears
Bears 105 over the Lions
Packers 104 over the Lions
Bears 94 over the Packers

There is a good chance we can take this record this season as well. If that team from Washington DC sweeps the Giants and we sweep the Bears that will give us 109. The Giants have beaten that Washington team 108 times.
Let’s just wait and see how easy it is for y’all to get number 108 before you start counting the chickens for 109.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts