2024 Roster Status/Tracker

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
A good question and something I have wondered about too. Like I said, I don't remember TT doing a lot of it during the season, but maybe he was and I just don't remember it.

I am guessing the answer is "yes. teams bring guys in for evaluation workouts". However, it would interesting if there was a sight to track those players and see how frequently teams do it, success rate, etc.

Seems the Bears worked players out in Sept.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Oh yes, Thompson HAD to do that as well with all the injuries we had. Thompson wasn't big into advertising and generally didn't have press conferences during the season. And....... he Never discussed UDFA's.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
...and got ROCKED making the tackle on a kick return. Wouldn't surprise me if he can't kick for them next week.
Sounds like his (Matthew Wright) shoulder should be fine and they are saying he will be kicking in SF's next game. I swear the Packers had Wright in for a tryout, but I can't find anything to prove it.

Wright has had a really interesting path in the NFL and XFL as well. He has been in the league since 2019 and he must have enough frequent flyer miles to travel the world for free, for life. This is his 15th "stint" with a team, many of whom he has come back to a few times. The Chiefs have signed him 3 different times. Had they not released him on 1/30/23, he would have a Super Bowl ring too.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like his (Matthew Wright) shoulder should be fine and they are saying he will be kicking in SF's next game.
Tough kid, seperated shoulder that popped back in by itself & he should be kicking in the next game. SF Special teams coverage needs to be better as they keep injuring kickers making stops...but that's their business.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like his (Matthew Wright) shoulder should be fine and they are saying he will be kicking in SF's next game. I swear the Packers had Wright in for a tryout, but I can't find anything to prove it.

Wright has had a really interesting path in the NFL and XFL as well. He has been in the league since 2019 and he must have enough frequent flyer miles to travel the world for free, for life. This is his 15th "stint" with a team, many of whom he has come back to a few times. The Chiefs have signed him 3 different times. Had they not released him on 1/30/23, he would have a Super Bowl ring too.
Niners dodged a bullet. 10 days between games and a shoulder injury not necessarily as detrimental to a kicker as much as the lower part of the body. The Giants had suffered a similar fate against the Commanders earlier this season. As good as the kickers have been in the league this season I hope it is not a banner year for their injuries.

Reaction score
Tough kid, seperated shoulder that popped back in by itself & he should be kicking in the next game. SF Special teams coverage needs to be better as they keep injuring kickers making stops...but that's their business.
I actually had that happen once. Trying to body surf and the force of the wave dislocated my shoulder. I recalled my brother in law in WI played Softball and his stories about sliding into base and it happening. So I used his advice and popped her back onto place, boy it was sore though for a number of weeks.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually had that happen once. Trying to body surf and the force of the wave dislocated my shoulder. I recalled my brother in law in WI played Softball and his stories about sliding into base and it happening. So I used his advice and popped her back onto place, boy it was sore though for a number of weeks.
Had it happen when I took a girl in HS roller skating. Did not know how to skate and grabbed onto a railing at full speed. Tore it up pretty bad. The surgery was no fun. Lost all the elasticity.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting to think that the majority of people in the world have had some sort of shoulder surgery. I went back to work Tuesday after my rotator cuff surgery and I was wearing my sling and I was blown away by the number of people who said "rotator cuff? I had that"

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Starting to think that the majority of people in the world have had some sort of shoulder surgery. I went back to work Tuesday after my rotator cuff surgery and I was wearing my sling and I was blown away by the number of people who said "rotator cuff? I had that"
i had that, but didn't have surgery. Took 3 years before I got back range of motion without pain.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have the money; I think Haason Red**** would be a very valuable piece for us. Hard to believe the Jets would demand a whole lot for him.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have the money; I think Haason Red**** would be a very valuable piece for us. Hard to believe the Jets would demand a whole lot for him.

So Hasaan is VERY cheap to bring in via a trade, BUT he's holding out due to not willing to play on that contract's final year - and demands an extension.

Now if Preston was in his final year and it seems both sides are ready to part this would make a LOT of sense and you could see Gute do a two year reasonable extension (Red**** is 30).

BUT Preston has two more years on deal after this year and honestly as long as he keeps playing like the consistent starter he is he shouldn't go anywhere unless someday his money is keeping us from keeping others that are more future valuable.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Hasaan is VERY cheap to bring in via a trade, BUT he's holding out due to not willing to play on that contract's final year - and demands an extension.

Now if Preston was in his final year and it seems both sides are ready to part this would make a LOT of sense and you could see Gute do a two year reasonable extension (Red**** is 30).

BUT Preston has two more years on deal after this year and honestly as long as he keeps playing like the consistent starter he is he shouldn't go anywhere unless someday his money is keeping us from keeping others that are more future valuable.
I'm just seeing Red**** as a big game winner. He could really be valuable in an area where we have some weakness.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

No Thanks on Reddick for me. He might be a good player, but he is now 30. More importantly for me, he isn't honoring a contract he signed. I was happy to see that the Jets drew the line and said "play or sit".

I also think the Packers are just fine with the core of guys they have on defense, especially at Linebacker/DE. Now if they could some how find a stud DL to trade for, I might be on board with that.

Haasan won't be playing again this year without a new contract and honestly, if I was a GM, I wouldn't want to be the one to give him that contract, plus lose a draft pick in the process.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It does sound like the Jets have given Reddick and his new agent permission to seek a trade with another team. However, if the Jets trade him to an NFC team, the conditional 3rd round 2026 pick turns into a 2nd round pick.

With Hutchinson done for at least 1 season and maybe even part of next, I wouldn't be shocked if they don't try and swing a deal for him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills just cut MVS to make room for Amari Cooper. I'd be all in for Gute to sign him to the Practice Squad as insurance for a speed threat if and when Watson gets injured again. Is MVS eligible for the practice squad? The league has changed practice squad rules so much in the past couple of seasons that I have no idea if he could be claimed.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The Bills just cut MVS to make room for Amari Cooper. I'd be all in for Gute to sign him to the Practice Squad as insurance for a speed threat if and when Watson gets injured again. Is MVS eligible for the practice squad? The league has changed practice squad rules so much in the past couple of seasons that I have no idea if he could be claimed.
The way I read it, yes. Teams get 17 players. 1 has to be that weird international player that will never sniff the NFL. Really teams get 16. 10 of those have to be rookies or 2nd year players. The other 6 have no restrictions.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The way I read it, yes. Teams get 17 players. 1 has to be that weird international player that will never sniff the NFL. Really teams get 16. 10 of those have to be rookies or 2nd year players. The other 6 have no restrictions.
So what you are saying .....is that even a guy like me could be on a Practice Squad?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. In that case, it makes a ton of sense to sign MVS to the practice squad. He knows the Packers system and MLF. I don't see a downside side to signing him ASAP. If I'm MVS however, I'd want to go to a 53 man roster and not a practice squad so in reality, unless no other team signs him to their 53, MVS will wait and see.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. In that case, it makes a ton of sense to sign MVS to the practice squad. He knows the Packers system and MLF. I don't see a downside side to signing him ASAP. If I'm MVS however, I'd want to go to a 53 man roster and not a practice squad so in reality, unless no other team signs him to their 53, MVS will wait and see.

I don't see the Packers being interested in MVS, nor do I see MVS being interested in the Packers.

From MVS's standpoint: He may be at the crossroads of his career. Landing on the Packers PS and not seeing anymore playing time, might be the final nail of his NFL career. While he knew the Packer system when Rodgers was the QB, Love is now the QB and the system has no doubt changed a bit.

From The Packers standpoint: The Packers have a deep WR room of talented young players, all of whom seem to be getting better as they see more playing time. MVS is basically a 1 trick pony ("Go deep"). I just don't see that as an overwhelming benefit to the offense or the development of the young group of WR's.

MVS will be looking for a team that due to lack of talent and/or injuries needs him to be ready to play ASAP. The Packers are not one of those teams IMO.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score