Wide Receiver Options

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot of Tonyon and how he is "ready to go". He is not, has a bad injury that will require a long recovery. Julio has lost 12 steps and I just don't see him returning to form of even 3 years ago. The wild card may be Antonio Brown. Never thought I'd say it but he would change things over night, but has obvious mememe issues. Keelan Cole is definitely worth a kick of the tires. The trade winds cannot be blowing too hard due to cap issues.

I'm hearing a lot of Tonyon and how he is "ready to go". He is not, has a bad injury that will require a long recovery. Julio has lost 12 steps and I just don't see him returning to form of even 3 years ago. The wild card may be Antonio Brown. Never thought I'd say it but he would change things over night, but has obvious mememe issues. Keelan Cole is definitely worth a kick of the tires. The trade winds cannot be blowing too hard due to cap issues.
They should have signed Antonio Brown when he initially became available and now we would be talking about a repeat most likely.
Instead they worried about mems.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should have signed Antonio Brown when he initially became available and now we would be talking about a repeat most likely.
Instead they worried about mems.
AB is a walking meme with the drama he creates. He STILL hasn't had surgery on his ankle which (he says) didn't allow him to finish the season. At 33 can still play, but IMHO not worth the drama.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AB is a walking meme with the drama he creates. He STILL hasn't had surgery on his ankle which (he says) didn't allow him to finish the season. At 33 can still play, but IMHO not worth the drama.
At the time he was released with the huge chip on his shoulder he would have been on fire playing for us.

I get what you saying but i think with him in the lineup we would have most likely beat SF and prabobly won a SB at which point f. his memes. Mission accomplished.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
At the time he was released with the huge chip on his shoulder he would have been on fire playing for us.

I get what you saying but i think with him in the lineup we would have most likely beat SF and prabobly won a SB at which point f. his memes. Mission accomplished.
I think you should become the next GM.................................................................... Of the Minnesota Vikings. :)

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the feeling Seattle isn't interested in trading Metcalf.
No top tier WR is going to sign a 3 or more year deal with a flakey QB. We’re looking at trading for rentals or taking what we can get on the FA scrap heap. Also makes me question throwing big draft capital at the WR position. Rodgers isnt going to throw to rebuilders. Go BPA and build for the future. Rodgers called last year “The Last Dance” but for some reason we’re giving him $150 Mil for another spin with nobody to dance with (at this point). It sill certainly be interesting

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just threw up in my mouth. AB is like the smoking hot girl who is bats*** crazy but every new boyfriend thinks they can deal with it. Then you wake up one day and find your car tires have been slashed and car has been keyed because you smiled at the waitress when you were out to eat the night before.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rebuild? It seems to me Gute is trying to keep as much of the team we had last year together. Our D should be pretty darn good and the ST can only get better (it couldn't be any worse). The only real obvious hole is in the WR room and that can be addressed in the draft and FA afterwards.
In the past 3 years. Gute has nearly turned the roster completely over. That's a gradual process compared to a 2-3 year, all-in rebuild, but Gute continues to transform the team. Only a handful of players are now left from McCarthy's final season. He's kept AR and his massive salary so it looks like continuity, but tge team around AR has changed dramatically. Its more run orientated and hopefully, we'll see a top 5 defense this year.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Metcalf is apparently available for the right price.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Don't want Metcalf. Don't want to give up the picks and take the cap hit.

Would rather take Pierce or Williams in the draft.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Metcalf goes anywhere it will be with a new contract it makes no sense for GB or Metcalf (or any receiver for that matter) to commit to a longterm deal given our soap opera lead at QB

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just threw up in my mouth. AB is like the smoking hot girl who is bats*** crazy but every new boyfriend thinks they can deal with it. Then you wake up one day and find your car tires have been slashed and car has been keyed because you smiled at the waitress when you were out to eat the night before.
Don't forget. She's also a recovering alcoholic;)

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutey paid Rodgers to make chicken salad out of chicken $hit. Then he bolstered the defense. I think Gutey stocks the shelves at WR through the draft to save cap. Jaire's contract looms over this season like Adams' did last.

Reaction score
AJ Green is older, but he’s recently shown he’s capable of that #2-#3 WR Role with the correct QB combo. If we could get him in anywhere around $5M-6M area (plus up to $1m in production incentives). He’d be on my radar.
That plus 1 top #28 selection and 1 more top #59 selection Wideouts. Then add a TE and OT somewhere inside our first 6-7 draft selections (at latest). Id be content.

D

Deleted member 6794

I understand we’re cap strapped, but I just think we should avoid Receivers who are currently injured.

Actually the Packers are currently in the middle of the pack in cap space available.

The wild card may be Antonio Brown. Never thought I'd say it but he would change things over night, but has obvious mememe issues.

The Packers should definitely stay away from a receiver who quit in the middle of a game, no matter how talented that guy may be.

In the past 3 years. Gute has nearly turned the roster completely over. That's a gradual process compared to a 2-3 year, all-in rebuild, but Gute continues to transform the team. Only a handful of players are now left from McCarthy's final season. He's kept AR and his massive salary so it looks like continuity, but tge team around AR has changed dramatically. Its more run orientated and hopefully, we'll see a top 5 defense this year.

The Packers currently have only 11 players from McCarthy's last season still on the roster. That has nothing to do with them being in a rebuild mode but is pretty normal around the entire league though. For example, the Super Bowl champions Rams only have nine players currently on the team who were already with them in 2018.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers currently have only 11 players from McCarthy's last season still on the roster. That has nothing to do with them being in a rebuild mode but is pretty normal around the entire league though. For example, the Super Bowl champions Rams only have nine players currently on the team who were already with them in 2018.
Which is perplexing, because the Rams went to 2 Super Bowls securing 1 win, while GB has underachieved with more holdover players.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutey paid Rodgers to make chicken salad out of chicken $hit. Then he bolstered the defense. I think Gutey stocks the shelves at WR through the draft to save cap. Jaire's contract looms over this season like Adams' did last.
J'aire is more important though

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J'aire is more important though

Alexander is not as good of a player as davantae adams. Adams is likely to go to the hof. Alexander would have to seriously jump start his ball production to have any shot. Which isnt impossible but seems unlikely he just isnt a guy who creates a lot of turnovers and when he does he doesnt score. Which is what the greats do...

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander is not as good of a player as davantae adams. Adams is likely to go to the hof. Alexander would have to seriously jump start his ball production to have any shot. Which isnt impossible but seems unlikely he just isnt a guy who creates a lot of turnovers and when he does he doesnt score. Which is what the greats do...
What?!?! "Pro Football Focus graded Alexander as the NFL’s No. 1 cornerback in 2020."

After an injury shortened '21 season Alexander hasn't suddenly turned into slouch. He erases #1 WR's that he plays, to the point that QB's don't even throw at him, much. In the NFCCG against Tampa he had 2 picks in the 2nd half to neutralize TB's offense... unfortunately their D neutralized our offense.

AR=#3, D. Adams = #6, A. Jones=#30, Bakhtiari=#36, J. Alexander=#41, Z. Smith=#51. Yes, Adams ranks higher, but that doesn't take away Alexander being a true lock-down CB. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-top-100-list-2021-players/hee5a08fynqu1jfaxxi9vr6cm

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What?!?! "Pro Football Focus graded Alexander as the NFL’s No. 1 cornerback in 2020."

After an injury plagued '21 season Alexander hasn't suddenly turned into slouch. He erases #1 WR's that he plays, to the point that QB's don't even throw at him, much. In the NFCCG against Tampa he had 2 picks in the 2nd half to neutralize TB's offense... unfortunately their D neutralized our offense.

AR=#3, D. Adams = #6, A. Jones=#30, Bakhtiari=#36, J. Alexander=#41, Z. Smith=#51. Yes, Adams ranks higher, but that doesn't take away Alexander being a true lock-down CB. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-top-100-list-2021-players/hee5a08fynqu1jfaxxi9vr6cm

That Tampa game is how he needs to play far far more often to be considered to have a chance to be a fhof player.

The greats erase number 1s and are playmakers at the highest level and when they get the ball in their hands they score.

Think butler, woodson, collins, and even that stupid mfker whose name I wont mention to name 4 former Packers dbs. 2 are hofers, 1 was on his way when he got injured, and the last would be a hofer like woodson and butler, if he hadnt done some sht that is causing me not to use his name

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Houston is getting calls on Cooks. It makes no sense for them to keep him. He has one year left on his deal for a team that has no interest in winning football games in 2022.

Click here for Bleacher Report article
Cooks is due to make over $13Mil in '22, way too rich for GB. It would cost A LOT to have Houston eat over 1/2 of his salary/bonus $. I'd rather have AJ Green as an AR target at $5-$6Mil.