Wide Receiver Options

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander is an elite cornerback who is as important to the Packers' passing defense as Adams was to their offense.

He won a Super Bowl with the Saints in 2009.

I agree that Alexander is an elite cb who is important...thats not what I was saying. I was saying hes not as good of a cb as Adams is a wr.

Adams is likely on his way to canton. Alexander would need to seriously step up his ball production to have any shot. I see that as a true statement...

And thats right he who will not be named was the benefit of that ill advised Favre int that allowed the saints to reach the sb

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Alexander is an elite cb who is important...thats not what I was saying. I was saying hes not as good of a cb as Adams is a wr.

Adams is likely on his way to canton. Alexander would need to seriously step up his ball production to have any shot. I see that as a true statement...

And thats right he who will not be named was the benefit of that ill advised Favre int that allowed the saints to reach the sb

Ok.

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion Alexander definitely has the potential to be as good of a cornerback as Adams was a wide receiver. He will have to prove it on the field over the next few years though.

Actually it was Tracy Porter who intercepted Favre's pass with the Vikings in field goal range to win the game.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion Alexander definitely has the potential to be as good of a cornerback as Adams was a wide receiver. He will have to prove it on the field over the next few years though.

Actually it was Tracy Porter who intercepted Favre's pass with the Vikings in field goal range to win the game.
Definitely

I believe J'Aire's early returns have been VERY VERY good

He's your true shutdown, a Revis type IMHO

idiots who claim J'aire doesn't have 9 interceptions annually (like Sharper), don't realize that it's because opposing QBs don't throw his way lol

That was the same reason Revis didn't have a bunch of INTs....and I'm pretty sure he will be a HOFer

Last edited:

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Random thought (I'm sure I'm not the first to have it)
Would you take a flyer on N'Keal Harry?
I have to imagine he'd be basically free to acquire in a trade, couldn't go for much more than a 7th IMO

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to imagine he'd be basically free to acquire in a trade, couldn't go for much more than a 7th IMO

Can he learn MLF's scheme quickly?

Seems to have good hands, big body, good catch radius and can run block.... not great speed but I don't believe you REALLY need that from him

But can he learn MLF's scheme quickly is the most important question....and I assume they would help him to learn NFL defensive zones better too (important, but I know a more savvy NFL vet like Julio or AJ Green and others I assume would be good at doing)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With as little as he has done with NE when they were counting on him to be good; I would be very hesitant to put him on the team and then, more than likely, take one fewer W/O from some other place.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
]..+

Yes I know he didnt make the pick...he definitely benefitted from it though as did the rest of the saints. Id say he had a hof career and is only not in because of off the field

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's being reported the Jets offered the #10 overall pick in 2022 for DK Metcalf. Seahawks said no way.

If true, there's no way Metcalf is in play for the Packers. Obviously they don't have a pick that high and they are a competitor of the Seahawks in the NFC.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's being reported the Jets offered the #10 overall pick in 2022 for DK Metcalf. Seahawks said no way.

If true, there's no way Metcalf is in play for the Packers. Obviously they don't have a pick that high and they are a competitor of the Seahawks in the NFC.

They're gonna look like IDIOTS if they don't get a deal done with him...

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/draft_trade_value.htm

Using the chart at Pro Football Reference the 10th pick has a trade value of 1300 and the Packers #22 (780) and #28 (660) has a combined value of 1440. The point being it would likely take multiple picks from the Packers to make the trade and then a shemp-load of cash for a new contract. I wouldn't want any part of that deal. Now if the rumor that the Texans want a 2nd for Brandon Cooks is true I make that deal and then send the #22 pick to the Steelers for Chase Claypool still on a rookie contact.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Using the chart at Pro Football Reference the 10th pick has a trade value of 1300 and the Packers #22 (780) and #28 (660) has a combined value of 1440. The point being it would likely take multiple picks from the Packers to make the trade and then a shemp-load of cash for a new contract. I wouldn't want any part of that deal. Now if the rumor that the Texans want a 2nd for Brandon Cooks is true I make that deal and then send the #22 pick to the Steelers for Chase Claypool still on a rookie contact.
LOL why in the world would Steelers do that move?? JuJu is gone and they are not a roster to strip down.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL why in the world would Steelers do that move?? JuJu is gone and they are not a roster to strip down.

Their starting QB is Mitch Trubisky. The likelihood they have a winning season is low. I'm not saying they would trade Claypool but they ain't winning s*** with Trubisky.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking at Brandin Cooks again and just now realized he's younger than Davante Adams (by about 9 months). I think because he's been traded around so much I assumed he was older than Adams.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking at Brandin Cooks again and just now realized he's younger than Davante Adams (by about 9 months). I think because he's been traded around so much I assumed he was older than Adams.
Ok

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their starting QB is Mitch Trubisky. The likelihood they have a winning season is low. I'm not saying they would trade Claypool but they ain't winning s*** with Trubisky.
Mitch is not their plan for future, at worst case one year and Tomlin has them back

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No way im giving up a first for chase claypool but Id think about giving up a 2nd for cooks...id give up a 1st and 3rd for terry McLaurin.

What would be great to do is give up a 3rd this year along with a player maybe and then a first in 2023 for McLaurin

D

Deleted member 6794

They're gonna look like IDIOTS if they don't get a deal done with him...

I expect Metcalf is interested in re-signing with the Seahawks as he has been pretty outspoken about it being his time to step up as a leader in Seattle. If that doesn't work out they could still franchise tag and trade him next season, that seems to be a much respected move around here.

No way im giving up a first for chase claypool but Id think about giving up a 2nd for cooks...id give up a 1st and 3rd for terry McLaurin.

What would be great to do is give up a 3rd this year along with a player maybe and then a first in 2023 for McLaurin

It might be smart to realize that teams aren't interested in trading young players like Claypool and McLaurin. Even while being in the midst of a rebuild those are the guys teams tend to hold on to.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Metcalf might cost too much to be worth it for us, the more I think about it

In terms of draft capital AND his annual salary demands ...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might be smart to realize that teams aren't interested in trading young players like Claypool and McLaurin. Even while being in the midst of a rebuild those are the guys teams tend to hold on to.

Dk is only 24 he is also young. Claypool 23 and Mclaurin is 26.

And sometimes even when teams arent interested in trading players they are forced to. Thats supposedly what happened with Adams when he personally informed gute and mlf he would never play for the packers again in march.

If McLaurin isnt going to resign with Washington they are gonna have to trade him. You say Dk wants to be in Seattle, I have not heard McLaurin wants to remain DC. So if Im gute Im going after him and im leaking it to the media so that McLaurin knows. Maybe he gets word of it and thinks, you know what id much rather be a packer than a commander...Trade Me

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I think folks would be shocked at what we'd have to give up to trade for McLaurin...I truly think it would cost us straight up what we got for Adams...I still think an additional 3rd or 4th for Adams should have been part of it all - but we were actually unlike Commanders would be, forced to trade Adams given tag situation.