Who should be the New DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fangio being interviewed by Bears for the HC job. Hope he has more faith in GB hiring him as a DC than the Bears hiring him as HC. He's done a good job in San Fran and then at Chicago.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers are seeking to interview Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin for their vacant DC job, source said. They also will interview secondary coach Darren Perry, an internal candidate. - per Rapoport.

EDIT: The Lions are blocking defensive coordinator Teryl Austin from interviewing with the Packers. But they let him interview with Cincy. lmao. Your attempt at making sure the Packers don't continue its dominance with not succeed, kitty cats.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could circumvent that by making McCarthy step down to OC and hiring him as a HC. Then he can just bring one of his assistants from Detroit along as the new DC or someone he really trusts from around the league.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teryl Austin is in negotiations with the Bengals for their DC spot, so it looks like they were willing to let him go, just not to us. Guess we're stuck with Fangio.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their position groups are the ones that are constantly confused. They each have a player in their respective groups that had an issue with playing hard and yapping to the media in Dix and Randall. I want a new, unifying voice on that side of the ball. I don't want a guy they are already comfortable with.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look for Fangio news on Tuesday/Wednesday.

If we get him, along with bringing Philbin back and announcing Gute as the new GM, this has been a near flawless offseason.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Bears will name Matt Nagy as their new head coach, possibly making Fangio a free agent by midnight.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any reason to think the Bears won't resign Fangio?
Hopefully, he'd rather sign with us. Maybe he'll be miffed at the Bears for passing him over for head coach (which is great news, by the way).
Sign Fangio, and this will be about as perfect offseason administration-wise as we could hope for.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if the Bears decide to re-sign Fangio, I'd be worried the Packers decide to go in-house the same way they went in-house after Schneider wasn't available.

D

Deleted member 6794

So if the Bears decide to re-sign Fangio, I'd be worried the Packers decide to go in-house the same way they went in-house after Schneider wasn't available.

There are definitely other candidates available currently not on the Packers staff. I would be extremely disappointed if McCarthy decides to promote someone from within.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The "list" I saw for a potential new DC has some good options in my opinion. I'm with Captain, please don't hire from within on this one MM!
  1. Mike Nolan
  2. Jeff Fisher
  3. Jack Del Rio
  4. Chuck Pagano
  5. Vic Fangio

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The difference is our in-house options were all good options for GM.

I don't think we can say the same for DC.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "list" I saw for a potential new DC has some good options in my opinion. I'm with Captain, please don't hire from within on this one MM!
  1. Mike Nolan
  2. Jeff Fisher
  3. Jack Del Rio
  4. Chuck Pagano
  5. Vic Fangio

Nolan and Fisher though? I'd be very much surprised to see if Fisher would take a Coordinator position and Nolan doesn't seem to stay in one place for too long.

Why isn't anyone talking about Brad Childress and Adam Zimmer though? If you ask me Chilly is the man. Certainly not a hot name, but he got it done in Philly and Minnesota on defense, and is doing pretty good with the Chiefs as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Nolan and Fisher though? I'd be very much surprised to see if Fisher would take a Coordinator position and Nolan doesn't seem to stay in one place for too long.

Why isn't anyone talking about Brad Childress and Adam Zimmer though? If you ask me Chilly is the man. Certainly not a hot name, but he got it done in Philly and Minnesota on defense, and is doing pretty good with the Chiefs as well.

Childress is more of an offensive guy and planning on retiring I read. Not sure if Zimmer would leave his Dad in Minnesota and not so sure I would want the son of the Vikings HC ;)

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's obvious they're doing something right over there in Minnesota....besides Adam may be motivated to prove he's even better than his father.

If Minnesota makes it to the NFCCG or Super Bowl, he's definitely gonna field some calls.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only 3 Defensive coaches left on the staff leads me to believe the new DC will be an outsider who will bring in his own people.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Childress has never coached on the defensive side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.